HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some Egyptian Gods

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Capsha

Capsha

Some Egyptian Gods Empty
PostSubject: Some Egyptian Gods   Some Egyptian Gods EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 4:07 pm

Nun (Nu, Nuat)
-Nun is the greatest force. The first thing to be created (before the stars and planets) and is not a god but a force. The Egyptian equivelant of the powers of Creation.
Some Egyptian Gods Nun1

Amun (Amun-Re, Ra, Aten, Atum, Amen)
-The father of all Egyptian gods. Emerged from Nun. Some consider Amun, Re and Aten to be seperate:
Amun- the body
Aten- the spirit
Re- the father
("Amen" was taken from a prayer to Amun, hence why his name is said after it. So Christians really pray to Amun?)
Some Egyptian Gods Amun

Djehuty (Thoth, Tehuti, Jehuti)
-Master of the Sacred Word. Taught humans how to use language. 30 commandments from the Book of Going Forth by Day are recited to you by Thoth at your Trial, in death.
Some Egyptian Gods 220px-Thoth.svg

Anpu (Yienpu, Anubis, Wepwawet)
-Guardian of the Gate/The Overseer. He watches over funerals and guides souls through their Trial. He oversees the weighing of the heart at Judgement and watches over and protects graves.
Some Egyptian Gods Anpu_anubis

Bastet (Bast, Ubasti)
-Goddess of dance, music, love, family and celebration. Mother of unborn children and fertility. All domestic cats are under her protection. She is the left hand of Re.
Some Egyptian Gods Bastet-with-aegis-sistrum-black-YT-5312

Sekhmet (Sekhet, Sekhem, Sakhmet)
-Goddess of blood, medicine, fire of the sun, war, menstrual cycles and destruction of the elements. She is the right hand of Re.
Some Egyptian Gods 220px-Sekhmet.svg

Osir and Iset (Osiris, Waser, Aser, Isis, Isir)
-The Divine Couple. The first Pharaoh and Queen of Egypt. Osiris was pitied after his murder and Re made him Pharaoh of the Underworld. He passes final judgement over the dead. Isis is the mother of all children born.
Some Egyptian Gods Osiris_isis

Set (Seth, Seti, Sutekh)
-God of Destruction and Chaos. The jelous brother of Osiris. The Egyptian equivelant of the Devil.
Some Egyptian Gods 220px-Set.svg

Selkhet (Serkhet, Selkis, Serkhet hetyt)
-The Guardian. She is the embodiment of the seven scorpions that protected Isis and Horus from Set.
Some Egyptian Gods Selkhet
Back to top Go down
http://www.kemetic-claudia.blogspot.com
Ashtart

Ashtart

Some Egyptian Gods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Egyptian Gods   Some Egyptian Gods EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 5:22 am

Great post Capsha. That was informative and easy to comprehend - at least for me, who's never really "gotten" the Egyptian pantheon Smile

Quote :
("Amen" was taken from a prayer to Amun, hence why his name is said after it. So Christians really pray to Amun?)

That certainly puts some things into perspective! o_O!

Quote :
Anpu (Yienpu, Anubis, Wepwawet)

Hmmm.... *looks at picture* *looks at my pic* *looks at Anubis picture* *looks at my pic again* .... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......?
Back to top Go down
Capsha

Capsha

Some Egyptian Gods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Egyptian Gods   Some Egyptian Gods EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:17 am

XD
My fiance always called himself The Overseer and went nuts because Yienpu stole his name Wink
I'm in the middle of 'converting' to Kemetic Orthodoxy so I'd like to dispell myths and share kemetism with people, it's really not as complicated as people think.
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

Some Egyptian Gods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Egyptian Gods   Some Egyptian Gods EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:15 am

Smile
Back to top Go down
Razi'el
Razi'el

Some Egyptian Gods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Egyptian Gods   Some Egyptian Gods EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:58 am

you know, this does make it very simple and easy to understand, thanks for sharing this with us, though i know very little about egyptian mythology and religion
Back to top Go down
Capsha

Capsha

Some Egyptian Gods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Egyptian Gods   Some Egyptian Gods EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:42 am

I should point out that this is the very bare minimum for the dogs, and different branches of Kemetism see them in different ways. Also, I was being sarcastic when I said about Christianity stealing the "Amen" from Amun, as a lot of people took it personally on other forums. There's evidence of "Amen" in Celtic, African, Egyptian and Hebrew history.

If anyone wants to read more then I'd suggest this site:
www.kemet.org
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some Egyptian Gods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Egyptian Gods   Some Egyptian Gods Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Egyptian Gods
Page 1 of 1