HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Memory: Preparation for Battle

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ezikiel

A Memory: Preparation for Battle Empty
PostSubject: A Memory: Preparation for Battle   A Memory: Preparation for Battle EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 5:26 am

This memory, or, at least what I believe to be a memory, just appeared to me while taking to Razi'el about nothing in particular. It simply started with a phrase that popped into my mind: "Et tu veras equem?" After searching through a few translation sites, it seemed that it translated to: "And do you, knight?" That phrase spurred the memory.

I saw a plain, and near one end of it, a knight, speaking with a woman, though neither of which I could see clearly. The knight spoke first, saying, "Do you feel ready for the coming battle?" to which the woman responded, "I am... Et tu veras equem? He agreed with her, saying he, too, felt ready.

From what I could tell they were both preparing for a battle, and though both were involved in some way, it was clear that the man was a knight, and the woman was not. There seemed to be a sense of doom, and the end, coming from them; they knew it could be their last battle, seeming more so than others, but they had accepted it. It was going to be a difficult battle...long, hard, and strenuous for all those involved (whether there were more than the man and woman involved in their part of the battle is unclear). It could last for months, even years, but they knew that it had to be done.

Before they departed for the battle, they said one last thing to each other. I was sharing this memory with Razi'el as it happened, and I said, "Parat eternas", the last thing they said to each other. But I felt as though something was missing, a final word that I hadn't quite heard. Razi'el spoke up and said "Parat eternas requiem", and I knew it was correct. That was the last thing the man and woman said to each other before they left for battle.

That is where the memory ends. After sharing this with Razi'el, he suggested I post it here on the forum, and I may be surprised, for some reason or another. So, here it is.
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: A Memory: Preparation for Battle   A Memory: Preparation for Battle EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 4:48 pm

I can see it, in my mind, from across the field. There are crows gathering around them, already landing in the field as if the battle is over and they have their carcasses to feed on. There's something dark about them, not that they're evil or anything like that, just a darkness, maybe it's realism. He's not a 'shiny' knight and she's not a 'courtly' lady. They're more than that. Stronger and darker.

I'm rambling now, just writing words as they come to me. I find it sometimes helps Smile The darkness is coming fast and the decision is to run forward or backwards. They run forward, always run forwards, toward the enemy. Present the tip of your sword not you backside. Someone said that to me once? Who? Where?

Hmm That's all
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

PostSubject: Re: A Memory: Preparation for Battle   A Memory: Preparation for Battle EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:02 pm

The only way to run is towards the gathering storm.

Always.

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Seziel

Seziel

PostSubject: Re: A Memory: Preparation for Battle   A Memory: Preparation for Battle EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 4:49 pm

I had a memory of knights, I was sitting English learning about Arthur and the knights of the round table. The memory flashed when she brought up how a knight (I think Arthur's son) started a war over a snake bite on the foot. The memory was blurry, all I saw was someone looking down on me saying "Do not leave me brother! Please don't leave!". I felt a horrible pain in my stomach, like I was slashed and my stomach was split. I felt cold and numb, I barely notices that this person was holding my hand. It was so real I felt it all in class and held my stomach the rest of the period.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Memory: Preparation for Battle   A Memory: Preparation for Battle Empty

Back to top Go down

A Memory: Preparation for Battle
Page 1 of 1