HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Talitha

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RabidDog

PostSubject: Talitha   Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:19 am

Talitha is the traditional and older version of a name that I go by sometimes. Many years ago when I was struggling with the idea of what I was inside, I drew how I saw myself. A crazed mad wolf..dog.. monster. Something possessed Alhazred to scribble the newer/modern version of the name next to it, and after I did some digging with him, we found this:

"The traditional star name "Talitha" derives from the Arabic phrase, القفزة الثالثة (al-qafzat aθ-θāliθah or at-tālitah) meaning "The third leap [of the gazelle]", referring to an Arabic asterism. It refers to two stars in the Ursa Major constellation."

Is what Wiki says. I don't really identify with the Talitha of the Bible. Although, granted, in a old Sunday School play I actually played that kid. Played the part of the little girl that was brought back to life. But the Arabic meaning seems to have something heavier too it. A deep gut pit in my stomach feeling. I was just wondering if anybody else could give me some ideas? Thanks!

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Talitha
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Shadow of the Fallen Website :: Remeniscences :: Names-
Jump to: