HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Another partial memory of a training session

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Meti'ne

PostSubject: Another partial memory of a training session   Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:27 am

"Again!"

The troupe of Necrolim in front of me repeated the move—a sort of vertical roundhouse kick that ended with them slashing at a wooden dummy in front of them—when I commanded it. "Again!" I shouted it louder.

They repeated the move again.

"Again! Harder!"

They repeated yet again and hit their targets harder.

"Harder!"

Again they did it harder.

"Harder!" I shouted even louder.

They did it again even harder.

"Agai-" And I cut myself off to quickly and unexpectedly throw a small dagger aimed at a random Necrol in the troupe. It happened to be aimed at Lururiel who sensed and saw the dagger coming, and performed the move the Necrolim were practicing to kick the dagger back in my direction. Then I spun around and caught the dagger in my hand. "You're ready..." I whispered, then loudly so that I could be heard, I continued, "Alright! That's it for the morning! Take a break for the day, then meet me back here for the night session!"

This was remembered while meditating earlier to attempt to relieve myself of the restless-like sensation that's been plaguing it.

~Melari
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meti'ne

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:50 am

Sorry. There's a snall part that I forgot to mention. The entire thing I said at the end was actually:

"Alright! That's it for the morning! Take a break for the day, then meet me back here for the night session or you will be hunted. Arakiel knows this first hand."

And by "hunted" I had meant that I would send two Necrolim to bring lazyasses trying to be sneaky to the training site and embarass them in front of the others by doing so.

~Melari
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ari'el

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:41 am

omg I know that name... Arakiel
I think that might one of the names that came up when Ash gave me a reading some months ago...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://draconic-fire.deviantart.com
Madhavi

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:16 am

Wow! Hard core. Makes me happy and excited to read this! I wanna say.. Wow!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meti'ne

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:30 am

@Ari

Really? O3o Is there anything you remember about him? All I managed to remember is that he apparently tried to skip a training session once, thinking that I wasn't serious about having skippers hunted down. Boy, did HE learn his lesson! xP

@Madhavi

That's awesome! :3

~Melari

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ari'el

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:41 am

I found my notes. Apparently he had shoulder length blonde hair and was a student of mine. Perhaps before he joined the Necrolim? But the reason he came up in that session is because I killed him during the War. So, um, yeah, that sucks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://draconic-fire.deviantart.com
Meti'ne

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:59 am

@Ari

Maybe! The angels who became known as the Necrolim had a variety of different backgrounds from before they came under my command, so it's very possible.

But yeah, that does suck. =(

~Melari
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashtart

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:21 am

Sounds like a fun sort of memory Smile Despite the circumstances surrounding them, I have enjoyed memories of wielding weapons and knowing how to use them. There's sort of a rush of power, yes, but moreso perhaps there is the memory of when I had known my full potential and was in my total self. That's a feeling that I miss!

Ash
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zariel

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:09 pm

Did you ever have any kinds of troops that got more powerful and stronger the more they bled?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meti'ne

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:21 pm

@Ash

Agreed, and same here. :3

@Zariel

I would say yes. As a matter of fact, both myself AND some of the Necrolim fit that description. You see, there were/are two types of Necrolim: the Reapers, and the Absolute (singular and plural forms are the same). The Reapers were indeed powerful, but otherwise, they were what could be called, "average soldiers"; if you cut them, they get weaker as you cut them more, and eventually, they die. The Absolute, on the other hand, are more powerful than Reapers, and are also... special; they're berserkers of sorts: the more you cut us, the harder and more intensely we fought back. It was only when we were VERY severely damaged that we began to weaken. But in any case, both being wounded and the scent of blood and/or the scent of death made me/the Absolute more powerful.

The Absolute had their name because if you faced one in battle, one of you wasn't going to leave the battlefield alive, and that "one" was INCREDIBLY likely going to be you; ... and that statement was accepted as absolute. There was NO other possibility. It was ALWAYS a fight to the death. The Absolute took no prisoners, and they showed NO mercy.

As I just said, the Absolute showed absolutely no mercy to their opponents; even if the other side was in the middle of retreating, it was completely acceptable for the Absolute to continue going after/attacking the opponent. They had a code of honor (as did I and the Reapers), yes, but practically any tactic (whether it was conventional or not) was fair game, as long as it meant that their opponent was the one who was dead at the end.

On a similar note, my weapon Luruuskaani actually houses a summonable chaotic spirit that grows more powerful as she causes more damage and destruction. The spirit's name is Eshiinkayuk and she's actually a piece of my soul, as is Luruuskaani.

~Melari
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nazra

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:17 pm

Who knows if I was Reaper or Absolute but reading this made me remember incredible bloodlust I felt and smile that usually spread across my face.

I wouldn't want to face myself in that state, honestly. Or maybe it could be fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meti'ne

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:13 am

@Nazra

Being in that state of bloodlust is terrifying beyond BELIEF... if you're on the other end of it.

If you're the one experiencing it, it's... well...

That bloodlust is a thing of tainted beauty... Your eyes widen, you inhale deeply the scent of blood and death and you SAVOR that scent. Your lips turn upwards into a wide, crooked smile that sings of madness and mayhem. Your heart pounds ferociously in your chest and you feel EVERYTHING pulsing through your veins; your muscles tense with unbelievable strength and you feel fit to BURST with the energy you feel coursing within. You keep breathing in that blood-soaked air and you want more, more, just MORE! So you make more, you cut and you cut and you keep cutting, even when there's nothing left to cut, you keep cutting because there NEEDS to be more blood in the air and you NEED to breathe it in... And then you need to taste blood, so you take it from your own blade, but it's just not enough; not nearly ENOUGH so you take it straight from your enemies and they cry and scream as your teeth clamp down onto and into their flesh and you take their blood and it becomes enough yet still NOT enough and you just want MORE AND MORE UNTIL THERE'S NOTHING LEFT...

... But you can't let that happen.

To let yourself succumb to the urges would mean your inevitable demise.

This sensation--and I know how it feels, I was able to describe it because I've felt it firsthand on more than one occasion long ago--this... extraordinary bloodlust is known as the Devil's Madness. It is an insanity that only the most powerful of Death's agents can experience... but only those truly worthy of representing Death... can actually CONTROL it... I am one such being. The other beings who can control the Madness are the Absolute.

And to answer that, both Lururiel and Azrael were Absolute. Most wouldn't believe that Lururiel was an Absolute at first glance though; she's always looked somewhat... frail, I suppose the word would be. But she is an Absolute, without a doubt in my heart.

But yes. I remember you being an Absolute. All of the Absolute remember the Madness. If not in their conscious minds, then in their hearts.

~Melari
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madhavi

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:44 am

Wow!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zariel

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:01 pm

I had an incident where I attacked someone but when I knocked him out I stood over him and started going after his soul. I was stopped by someone pulling me off of him. But all I knew was I had to take it to end the fight. It was like pure instinct.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zariel

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:05 pm

hey melari do you remember anyone carrying a berserker sword but it had a spiked ball on the hilt that had somethin in it like a rattle that when it was swung made a shrieking noise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meti'ne

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:57 pm

... The name Anasai'el comes to mind. He was a Reaper if I'm remembering correctly, but he was a notably powerful one. He might've actually been in the process of becoming an Absolute; I can vaguely see him wearing the hooded cloak that the Absolute wear, so he had probably experienced the Devil's Madness and was learning how to control it or something. I can't really remember much else though.

~Melari
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zariel

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:38 pm

I carried a blade like that as well with my spear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meti'ne

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:44 am

Quite honestly, and weirdly enough, I did briefly think it might've been you at first, but then I thought, "Nah, that can't be right..."

And then the name I mentioned before came into my head immediately after, so I figured that maybe he owned the sword. Aside from what little I was able to remember, I wonder how he was significant.

~Melari
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another partial memory of a training session   

Back to top Go down

Another partial memory of a training session
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1