HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The stage, the door and a sentence fragment

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lili'el

Lili'el

The stage, the door and a sentence fragment  Empty
PostSubject: The stage, the door and a sentence fragment    The stage, the door and a sentence fragment  EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 5:14 am

Dreams are important to me, so much so that I consider them sacred. When the occasional dream slips from the Gate of Horn, I really try to look into it. But… this one escapes all meaning.

It began in a dark red wallpaper room, with gold trimmings everywhere. I’m in this long dress which, if I can remember correctly, has been in several dreams before this one: dark colored with a deep plunging neckline and with no sleeves (and considering how embarrassed I am of my body…shocking o.O). Against the wall I was learning on was a large dark oak vanity. But opposite of me was a door with a strange circular, golden lock and the lock had engravings of Theban lettering in it. I touched it barely and I felt this strong jolt danced up and down my back.

The rest was just instinct. I pushed and turned the lock to see this man standing in the doorway. He was dressed rather whimsically, like Visual Kei crosses with Cirque du Soleil. He smiles and gently takes my hand, leading me down this long hallway. More outlandishly garbed people were dancing, vocalizing, and doing magic tricks. We all had crazy makeup, wild hair, bold colored clothing and jewel toned lips. They all smiled when I walked past them, as if they knew me not just on a “first name” basis. Like they knew my soul or something and they knew my troubles and my pain. But how?

We know what you are.

You're safe with us.

Finally this strange man hands me over to this semi-hidden woman, but even the most blatant details escape me as I type this. She laid a tentative hand on my back and led to me to another door with the same lock on it. She had this…lovely, musical voice, like a mother comforting a child after a bad dream. I could listen to that voice forever, but she took my hand and opened the door with me while whispering in my ear. I barely remember what she told me…but one segment stood out against it all.

….once he chooses….

“What do you mean?” I asked. She smiled and held the door open for me.

It was a large outdoor theater stage under a night sky. Red lanterns hung from tree, making them come to life with a golden light. The crowd was large but calm. A slow, dream rock kind of melody began to play, some of the performers came out to…well perform. But I… (For some strange reason) I began to sing. I’m a very musical person (music is sacred to me as well), but I don’t go near singing at all. I was never formally trained, and though people and birth charts say I should add singing to my musical repertoire, I’m adamant about just being the one who composes the music, not the singer (I get crazy stage fright anyways). Singing is great for others. I don't do it well so I stay away from it.

It was all in all this strange circus, theater, coded dream with doors…. I really don’t know what else to say. I can’t interpret this, but I know it’s important. I (think) this one happened the night before Christmas Eve. That’s all I can remember.
Back to top Go down
Zariel

Zariel

PostSubject: Re: The stage, the door and a sentence fragment    The stage, the door and a sentence fragment  EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 4:13 pm

It sounds like to me the red dress is your passion its so much that you wear it and when you are working it and doing it, it makes you beautiful. The theban represents your witch or magical secrets that you keep hidden, and you seek another to share your secrets. The man of course may represent another one of your passions or your mind just may be having funlol. That man could be a guide for you to help you go out and get over your freight of being seen as you truly are, sleeves represent hiding something while being sleeveless represent nothing to hide or showing your true self. You are seeking acceptance in your life so in your dream that was your subcouncous telling you that if you follow your passion you will get what you want. Hope this helps a little divine blessings upon you
Back to top Go down
Lili'el

Lili'el

PostSubject: Re: The stage, the door and a sentence fragment    The stage, the door and a sentence fragment  EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm

Oh wow... That's...that's a brilliant interpretation. It does match up to what's been going on, as well as questions I've been asking regarding a certain someone that I'm trying to find. Follow my passions, eh? What's funny is that I feel like that's what I was suppose to be doing this whole time, lol. And perhaps that man is a guide. So much to think about, I thank you for helping me get the gears turning.

May you be blessed in return.
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: The stage, the door and a sentence fragment    The stage, the door and a sentence fragment  EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Quite often things that turn up often in dreams are messages, things you need to be taken notice of, symbols and representations. Red is often the colour of passion...also anger. Is there really much different? I think that dream interpretation was a good one.
Back to top Go down
Lili'el

Lili'el

PostSubject: Re: The stage, the door and a sentence fragment    The stage, the door and a sentence fragment  EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Ishtahar wrote:
Quite often things that turn up often in dreams are messages, things you need to be taken notice of, symbols and representations. Red is often the colour of passion...also anger. Is there really much different? I think that dream interpretation was a good one.

That's true... I remember in my psychology class that we were discussion about the fine line between passionate love and passionate hate. Though I can't think of anyone I feel that way towards...maybe one "person" but it leans more towards one than the other.

It reminds me of a line in a song by Sarah McLachlan called "Silence":

Heaven holds a sense of wonder. And I wanted to believe that I'd get caught up when the rage in me subsides

Back to top Go down
Lili'el

Lili'el

PostSubject: Re: The stage, the door and a sentence fragment    The stage, the door and a sentence fragment  EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:06 am

UPDATE: I'm reading this book called Women Who Run With the Wolves and it said something about the color red. It was the color that represented a promise of something new about to be born. Food for thought on my part  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The stage, the door and a sentence fragment    The stage, the door and a sentence fragment  Empty

Back to top Go down

The stage, the door and a sentence fragment
Page 1 of 1