HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Betrayal, Judgement, and Escape

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BastianQoU

BastianQoU

Betrayal, Judgement, and Escape Empty
PostSubject: Betrayal, Judgement, and Escape   Betrayal, Judgement, and Escape EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 7:22 am

My dreams are usually highly detailed. There's very few, however, that ever felt like they meant anything beyond my mind's inventiveness. I'd like to share one that I had recently that DID feel connected. It felt so strongly connected that it feels more memory than dream.

The dream began in conversation between a group of about 15-20 and my group, which consisted of a woman my age (25ish in-dream), a boy of 13-16, and myself. We stood just outside a white-walled building, the start of a deep forest about 40 yards away. Immediate impressions told me that I had once been a part of the larger group, but had went on my own after disagreeing with the direction the group was going. The leader had just told me that I was being charged with treason (well, a long list of things, but it boiled down to treason), and that the group was about to convene and declare their judgement.

I was vastly unsurprised by this.

I knew that everything I was being charged with was simply covering over the leader's wrongdoings, that the group didn't know about their leader's corruption and would never hear a word against him from me, and that I would most definitely be sentenced to death.

I came back to the group (pre-dream), knowing this.

I also knew that my party knew very little about what had/was happening, but trusted my decision to come back. We were led to a room to wait for my 'trial' to finish, though we were unguarded. Something about the proper conduct in our group meant that I wouldn't try to escape, and so a guard was unneccessary.

The room (along with the building in general) was well furnished, obvious wealth behind whoever owned it. The boy settled down into a plush arm chair, while the woman curled up on a four poster bed, facing the nearby wall. The tension in the air could curl hair and crack bones.

The boy seemed to be the calmest of the two, so I went to try and comfort the woman. Whatever connection there was between us, she obviously didn't like the idea that I was about to be beheaded. Though I tried to ease her emotions, she refused to acknowledge my words and continued staring at the wall. Knowing I didn't have a whole lot of time left, I decided not to use it up trying to argue, and so left the room after telling my plan to the air.

As a final taunt, I wandered to the hall outside of the meeting room, where the group was no doubt casting my fate. Laying on a couch facing the door, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Here, my perspective shifted to the woman's, who was half hysterical, half accepting over the situation. Talking with the boy, she decided to go find me. Running through the halls with the boy in tow, she came to the couch to find it empty, just as the door opened and the group streamed through. The leader asked where I was, confirming that I was a dead man as soon as found.

The dream shifted forward several hours, still in the woman's perspective. Her and the boy were searching for me in the forest, both safe from the group as they'd not harm innocents. The boy found traces of my energy left behind, pointing them to wherever I had disappeared to. As they looked towards my trail, the dream ended.

So, more questions now then before I had the dream. Or rather, specific questions over general ones. Who was the group, who was I, why did I come back to them just to run, and on and on.

I suppose I'm mainly sharing this for the large number of people who were in the dream. Higher odds that someone else might have seen this from another view. Anyone else's perspective/interpretation is more than welcome.
Back to top Go down
WickedRestless

WickedRestless

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal, Judgement, and Escape   Betrayal, Judgement, and Escape EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 1:05 am

My first thought is that maybe you didn't run, maybe you were taken (while asleep). If not, then you must have received some shocking information, that suddenly made something else more important than your honor or legacy or whatever else you were protecting by allowing yourself to be killed by this group. I think it can safely be assumed that you did not plan on disappearing, so something else must have intervened, either by actually taking you or by giving you new information that convinced you to leave. Although I suppose it is also possible that you already had all of the information, but only put together the clues while you were waiting there, coming to a shocking conclusion that you had to run off and deal with right away.
Back to top Go down
BastianQoU

BastianQoU

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal, Judgement, and Escape   Betrayal, Judgement, and Escape EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 4:52 am

That certainly sounds reasonable, and would go a long way of explaining why my disappearance was a surprise even to me. I'm fairly certain I wasn't taken, as what lingering sense of myself remained didn't feel like I had interacted with anyone else. I could be mistaken, but it doesn't feel right.

Out of dream, I can think of dozens of reasons of why I'd want to extend my life a time, but nothing really feels familiar. There's no outright rejection of the idea on taking care of or protecting something that was more important than my 'honor', so maybe that's the right track. I'll have to meditate more on it and see if I can ferret out some answers.

Thank you for the feedback, it helped push my mind along new paths Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Betrayal, Judgement, and Escape   Betrayal, Judgement, and Escape Empty

Back to top Go down

Betrayal, Judgement, and Escape
Page 1 of 1