HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts

Go down 
+2
Ne'ander
Ashtart
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashtart

Ashtart

Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts Empty
PostSubject: Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts   Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:42 am

Now for questions about what it's like to be you.

Do you suffer from phantom limbs like a tail or phantom pains like wings on your back? How often? Do you have to shift to feel these things or are they always present? Have others interacted with them on purpose or not on purpose? Does your mind shift when your body is feeling phantom pains or shifting? How often? Is this shift disruptive to your everyday normal life or do you find you can keep functioning even when you're feeling differently than usual?

Can you describe what your phantom limbs look like? What about your shifted body in the astral? If you could choose not to feel them would you? Which do you think feels more real, your phantom/shifted body or the material body? Any other thoughts?

Enjoy, add more questions if you feel them.
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

PostSubject: Re: Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts   Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:48 am

My answers -

I do feel wings and pain at my back sometimes. I sometimes feel claws, fangs and upraised feet. The fangs are annoying because I tend to want to "do" something with them but they're not there. It looks pitiful when I bare my teeth and growl Sad I only feel it when I'm paying attention to it, and sometimes around triggers like a dark starry sky or high energy events. They're always present when I'm paying attention and I don't have to shift. I've had other people notice "my wings were out." One time at a party a few years ago I pulled them out for protection from all the empaths and psychics there (I had no shielding) and one of them noticed and chastised me for pulling them out. Another time I was hosting an otherkin meetup at my house and I guess they came out while I was talking about myself. I noticed everyone gradually shifting their gaze to above my head and when I noted that they come out sometimes one of the guests nodded and said "Yeah, we noticed." But another time I was doing a meditation and someone tried to "feel" them and said she couldn't feel anything.
Back to top Go down
Ne'ander

Ne'ander

PostSubject: Re: Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts   Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:53 am

My most common kind of phantom limb is my wings. My wings are there a lot. The only time they aren't is whenever my whole body is off. I've noticed that I can't feel them whenever I've experienced an extreme amount of a negative emotion for a period of time. Other than that, I do have horns, but they aren't always there. Same with my claws too.

I would definitely keep them if I was given the choice. The point is is that the pain caused from their heaviness and the feeling of them there is both a reassuring and calming thing. It reminds me I'm not crazy every morning. XD.

The only ones I can describe is my wings. I've only seen them and nothing else. To answer the question though, they are a swampy greenish color and leathery. It's weird. The color is hard to explain to be honest. But they are pretty large for this body. They go roughly a couple inches to maybe a foot above my head and then stop down at my heels. As for wingspan, I'm assuming fairly large, but I don't really know. I can't really move them that much still.
Back to top Go down
Capsha

Capsha

PostSubject: Re: Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts   Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:17 am

Ashtart wrote:
Now for questions about what it's like to be you.

Do you suffer from phantom limbs like a tail or phantom pains like wings on your back? How often? Do you have to shift to feel these things or are they always present? Have others interacted with them on purpose or not on purpose? Does your mind shift when your body is feeling phantom pains or shifting? How often? Is this shift disruptive to your everyday normal life or do you find you can keep functioning even when you're feeling differently than usual?

Can you describe what your phantom limbs look like? What about your shifted body in the astral? If you could choose not to feel them would you? Which do you think feels more real, your phantom/shifted body or the material body? Any other thoughts?

Enjoy, add more questions if you feel them.

I do get phantom shifts. Because my kintype is angelic I get wings and haven't experienced anything else. I have them 90% of the time and only don't feel them when I'm particularly stressed or upset. A woman once told me that my energy signals were too large behind me and I laughed her off.

It's easiest just to show a picture of what they looked like: http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/w/white_angel_wings-2270.jpg

My body is always shifted in astral because that's my spirit/astral body. If I could choose then I'd choose not to have them at school. It's awkward trying to sit down or carry a bag XD my physical body is the one that feels real because it's the one that is the physical body.

~Capsha
Back to top Go down
http://www.kemetic-claudia.blogspot.com
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts   Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 6:13 pm

I've never felt wings, although I remember what it's like to fly. i was always wrapped in someone else's warm arms and supported by his wings when I flew.

Strange though, now you mention it, I do remember fangs. Sometimes my teeth itch and i feel they should be extending. Strange. Oh and sometimes I feel a lot taller
Back to top Go down
Razi'el
Razi'el

PostSubject: Re: Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts   Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 1:54 am

My shifts have never really interfered with my life in any way, but the reason as to why this is, i will never know. when i shift, the most common traits tend to be animalistic ones; a muzzle and ears like that of a canine, a long tail like a dragon, and of course, wings. the only one of these to really hurt me have been my wings, and only during times of great stress; the muzzle has a weird, achey, face-pully sensation that comes along with it, but that's really not bothersome at all.

As for mental shifts.... my rational mind remains in control, but my instincts definitely become stronger. When i used to work at a supermarket and had a mental shift, the smells of raw meat actually made me salivate, heheh. and finally i can shift at will, but the limbs for me are ever present.
Back to top Go down
Zionis

Zionis

PostSubject: Re: Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts   Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts EmptyMon May 06, 2013 4:12 pm

My recent Phantom limbs are the feel that I have 2 sets of wings on my back, but other times it becomes the feeling of 3 sets of wings. The 2 sets feel from my back bone and mid section. The 3 sets are those two places in addition to my lower back and they feel heavy, retrained a couple times. I have to always try and adjust myself, but it never really works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts   Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts Empty

Back to top Go down

Icebreaker Q - Phantom pains and Shifts
Page 1 of 1