HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Devil or Demon: Is there a difference?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lili'el

Lili'el

Devil or Demon: Is there a difference?  Empty
PostSubject: Devil or Demon: Is there a difference?    Devil or Demon: Is there a difference?  EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:54 pm

While sweating over a hot stove, a peculiar thought came to me (and when that happens that means it' could be relevant): Is there a difference between a devil and a demon? What makes them different and what do they have in common? Is one of a more negatice influence than the other? It's definitely something I should ponder in any case. What about you all? Are they the same or is there something vastly different about them?
Back to top Go down
Meti'ne

Meti'ne

PostSubject: Re: Devil or Demon: Is there a difference?    Devil or Demon: Is there a difference?  EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:44 am

Quite honestly, and this is probably just me, but I consider a demon to be just that—a demon—but I consider devils to be demons that are generally malicious. It's kinda like the whole rectangle-to-square relation for me in the sense of a devil is a demon but a demon is not necessarily a devil, ya know?

However, I'm not sure if there is an actual difference between the two, or if the names are just generally interchangable. But like I said, that's how I classify the two. I'm not sure if it's correct, but it's how I do it! x3

~Melari
Back to top Go down
Lili'el

Lili'el

PostSubject: Re: Devil or Demon: Is there a difference?    Devil or Demon: Is there a difference?  EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 12:43 am

I liked how you describe your view, Melari (and I just had a flashback to ninth grade algebra XD). I've heard people and read books that switch devil and demon around. Something just told me there's a slight difference between the two. That's why I end up using culture-specific terms like Yokai. Yokai aren't necessarily evil, even Tengu aren't inherently bad. But they are dangerous Shocked. I've been looking up each culture's version of the word "demon". Some even switch between "ghost" and "demon". It just gets more and more complex....

Devil is pretty complicated too. I can't help to think about the Major Arcana card, with that dense, heavy energy. But is it immoral or evil? I can't say myself, at least not now Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devil or Demon: Is there a difference?    Devil or Demon: Is there a difference?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Devil or Demon: Is there a difference?
Page 1 of 1