HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scarification

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Meti'ne

Meti'ne

Scarification Empty
PostSubject: Scarification   Scarification EmptyMon May 05, 2014 2:32 am

Okay, so... I had been feeling the need for a mark on my skin for some time now. I had just never been able to settle on the right symbol. And a tattoo was pretty much out of the question anyway for a few different reasons.

So one night while I was laying in bed, the thought of scarification, which I had heard of sometime back when I once saw a special about tattoos from around the world. And I decided I would engrave a symbol into my skin. So I did it.

The symbol that came to mind is something important to me. I'm not sure in what way, but it feels special. And to me, scarring the symbol into your skin feels more personal. Especially when one does it themselves.

This is it. On my left upper arm:

Scarification Tumblr_n52hntXJuC1spaqndo2_1280

In any case, I'm very glad I chose to do it. And I'm very happy with the results!

~Meti'ne
Back to top Go down
FeirceDeity64

FeirceDeity64

Scarification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarification   Scarification EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:20 am

Hmm... This is intriguing. I know I have a symbol that I am close to that I just put on my forearm in sharpie every couple of days. I'm not sure I'd want to scar it on myself because a.) my hands are shaky as hell b.) there is a certain stigma to scars when someone is my age.

I am curious as to what this symbol may mean to you. I know my symbol appeared to me in a vision once. It makes me feel powerful.
Back to top Go down
Meti'ne

Meti'ne

Scarification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarification   Scarification EmptyFri May 09, 2014 9:11 am

I'm not entirely sure what the symbol means to me, if I'm being perfectly honest. All I really know for sure is that it's a symbol that I identify strongly with.

I've also been drawing the symbol and variations of it for years now, actually. uwu

~Meti'ne
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scarification Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarification   Scarification Empty

Back to top Go down

Scarification
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Putting The Pieces Together :: Body & Soul-
Jump to: