HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Razi'el
Razi'el

The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance Empty
PostSubject: The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance   The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:54 am

I just decided that perhaps it would be helpful if the lot of us put together could sort of mentally reconstruct the city we came from, and for lack of a better or definite name, i'm calling it Eden.

What i remember of it was that it was built at the eastern side of a sort of mesa, which sort of rose out of the land around us. i might be replacing some other structure with a natural landmass, as it does seem very out of place to me. but on top of that platform was a vast garden, lush and green despite the desert i remember surrounding the city.

that was where our central hall was, to my mind, built into -or perhaps leading into- this larger structure. to the north of that, along the same side of the structure, i believe rested my library. It, too, could have been built into the larger structure, but to what degree i'm not certain. just outside of that, i remember there was a large plaza, with a very large fountain, and beyond that stretched the city itself.

there were a couple of places i remembered as well, but i don't recall their exact locations. the most prominent of these was a sort of old arabic styled bath house, and that was a particular favorite of mine.

with these in mind, does anyone know of anywhere else in particular that resided in the city, and where it may have been in relation to these landmarks?
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

PostSubject: Re: The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance   The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 3:55 am

I love this post! :3

I agree with you on everything you wrote, Raz. That all sounds right to me.
Back to top Go down
Razi'el
Razi'el

PostSubject: Re: The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance   The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 3:25 am

do you have anything to add? any special places you visited in particular? i'm eager to sort of... well, put the pieces together on this one, lol.

i think it would be cool to sort out what the city's layout was actually like, based one landmarks and such. the only thing i can really say is that a lot of it seemed to be made of alabaster or pale sandstone of somekind, maybe some sort of mud brick. i just remember it turned deep gold at sunset and reminded me of the banks of big cumulus clouds.
Back to top Go down
Razi'el
Razi'el

PostSubject: Re: The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance   The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 10:20 pm

i think maybe to the south, there was a sort of lake, or oasis of some sort. some body of water that made this particular spot habitable.
Back to top Go down
Ari'el
Ari'el

PostSubject: Re: The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance   The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:26 pm

Raz, would you be able to sketch out a rough picture of where things are in relation to each other? My mind is more visual and that may help me add or remember things.
Back to top Go down
http://draconic-fire.deviantart.com
Meti'ne

Meti'ne

PostSubject: Re: The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance   The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:34 pm

Ari'el wrote:
Raz, would you be able to sketch out a rough picture of where things are in relation to each other? My mind is more visual and that may help me add or remember things.

Same here. It would be much appreciated. Heh~

~Meti'ne
Back to top Go down
Lucifer

Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance   The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 2:12 am

Razi'el,

You're talking about ancient Egypt, and the Great Pyramid.  The Great Pyramid is the geographical reflection of the earth, and it was the central hub for ascension.  I'm still researching the importance of the stones used back then, but I know it was chosen for a reason.  So many wars have erased the history of this planet that it is difficult to find solid evidence.  There's no doubt in my mind, what you are describing is the Egyptian dynasty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance   The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance Empty

Back to top Go down

The City - Reconstruction and Remembrance
Page 1 of 1