HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Misconceptions of the Fallen.

Go down 
+6
Azaz'el
Solalethiel
Ousa
Zionis
Ashtart
Lucifer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Remiel

Remiel

Misconceptions of the Fallen. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misconceptions of the Fallen.   Misconceptions of the Fallen. - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 6:10 am

Lucifer wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen,

You have to put some faith in me.  I am who I claim to be.  You might not be able to see it at this moment, but you will.  I speak only truth.  Everything you've ever heard is true.  There are no lies.

Trust me.  I got this.  You'll see, soon enough.

Love y'all.

No. Nobody has to put faith in you. And language and a viewpoint like that is manipulative. The second anyone except people I'm extremely close to tells me to have faith in them, or to trust them, that's the LAST thing I'm going to do.

Trust and faith are EARNED. And telling people your beliefs and your views as if they are concrete fact, like what you are doing, is never going to earn you those things.

I don't buy that whole "we decided our lives before this lifetime" thought. My family's big on that, and it's messed me up. If it works for you, great. But I've had a very, very shitty past, and I will suffer the repercussions for it for the rest of my lifetime. I don't take kindly to people saying I did it to myself, which is essentially what that belief is saying.

I was taught by the professor I studied under that keeping an open mind is a great thing - but don't keep your mind so open that your brain falls out.

Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

PostSubject: Re: Misconceptions of the Fallen.   Misconceptions of the Fallen. - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 6:43 am

Remiel wrote:
Lucifer wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen,

You have to put some faith in me.  I am who I claim to be.  You might not be able to see it at this moment, but you will.  I speak only truth.  Everything you've ever heard is true.  There are no lies.

Trust me.  I got this.  You'll see, soon enough.

Love y'all.

No. Nobody has to put faith in you. And language and a viewpoint like that is manipulative. The second anyone except people I'm extremely close to tells me to have faith in them, or to trust them, that's the LAST thing I'm going to do.

My thoughts exactly.  As Rem said, trust and faith are earned.  The moment someone asks me to have faith in them without demonstrating anything to earn that, I put my shields all the way up.  

Nope.

Nope nope nope.

I'm not interested.

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Misconceptions of the Fallen.   Misconceptions of the Fallen. - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Perhaps a friendly reminder might be helpful.

The focus of this forum is to provide a safe place for people to share experiences and explore thoughts, feelings, and who they are or might be.

We do not permit anyone to be directly challenged eg - you are not who you say you are. Neither do we permit anyone's personal beliefs to be imposed on others.

You are entitled to believe whatever you wish, and to be whoever you feel you are, but please do not tell others what to do or believe. No one HAS to accept the truth of anyone else. You can seek to persuade but not to insist or assume.

I appreciate those of you who have helpfully pointed out all or part of our policy - which is clearly set out in the faq's. Please ensure that this is done respectfully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Misconceptions of the Fallen.   Misconceptions of the Fallen. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Misconceptions of the Fallen.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3