HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Curious Circle

Go down 
+3
Scratch
Ashtart
Razi'el
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Razi'el
Razi'el

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 5:31 am

hey all, just back to share another bit of strangeness, this time gained through those odd little voices in the back of mine head, heheh.

anyway, so the other night, i was just sitting around, listening to my mate and his group of friends talking about card game,s when all of a sudden, i get this sort of conceptual image in my head. it was a circle, with four marks around the rings, inside smaller rings of their own. i have a picture of it, but for now, the story. anyway, the little voices up there started giving me a sort of urgent commanding whisper, like if any of you have seen a psychological horror or thriller, when they have that whispery effect for ghosts and such, where it devolves into spiritual chatter, that's kinda wha it was like. just dozens of thoughts racing "draw it, draw it out, draw it now". anywho, i'm not sure what the significance of it is, if anything, but here it is.

A Curious Circle Img_0611
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 11:24 am

Whoa! Raz, I feel excited just looking at this. I'm glad you posted!
Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:08 pm

At first glance, I thought "What is this?" in a dismissive way I have towards things which are important. I made myself look again, and felt sort of a tension. Then, something went BOOM! in my mid/lower back, in a way that shook me but didn't hurt at all, and my eyes teared up. I feel kind of light and floaty now, in a really good way.

I still don't know what it is, but thank you for putting it up here!
Back to top Go down
valthasar

valthasar

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 12:35 am

I recognize it, fwiw.
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 2:28 am

valthasar wrote:
I recognize it, fwiw.

<--- wants to know ?
Back to top Go down
Ari'el
Ari'el

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 2:33 am

Could you retrace it in pen, or something darker than pencil? I'm having trouble making out the symbols around the edge because it's faint and slightly blurry, and I'd really like to see the details of this.

Anyway, it seems important to me. The middle part makes me think of constellations. There is more to it, of course, but I can't quite put my finger on it yet.
Back to top Go down
http://draconic-fire.deviantart.com
valthasar

valthasar

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 3:08 am

Dream'sEnd wrote:
valthasar wrote:
I recognize it, fwiw.

<--- wants to know ?

Rather than leave anyone curious, I figured I'd toss this out.

Where I saw it was on T's chest. It was sort of a combination of a brand and tattoo. I believe it has or rather, had something to do with his rank, for lack of a better way to put it. I don't know if it's related to marks such as what could be given after a battle or if it was just a flat out marking related to his rank/station/assignment.

But the shape is the same, the ridged double circles of the outer edges, etc. The symbols are/were different, although I did recognize the overall shape.

I can try to find out more, but it may take me a day or two. I've been fighting pneumonia this week and the medicine I'm taking isn't doing me any favors as far as my mind being clear.

As soon as I can pay closer attention to it, I'll certainly see what I can come up with about it, though. I was amazed at how similar it was to what I had in my head of remembering what was marked on his chest. =)
Back to top Go down
Ari'el
Ari'el

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 3:33 am

Valthasar - Ooh! Fascinating!

The more I think about it, the more I feel like I should know this symbol, or have seen it or something like it before. Maybe I've even drawn something like it years ago... no idea where I'd find it though, if I had drawn it... I'll have to look through my old sketchbooks and notebooks.
Back to top Go down
valthasar

valthasar

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:15 am

Ellysium wrote:
Valthasar - Ooh! Fascinating!

The more I think about it, the more I feel like I should know this symbol, or have seen it or something like it before. Maybe I've even drawn something like it years ago... no idea where I'd find it though, if I had drawn it... I'll have to look through my old sketchbooks and notebooks.

Hope you can find it. =)
Back to top Go down
Myth

Myth

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:38 am

While I don't get any real personal "recognition" from this, I have known for quite some time that there was some sort of symbol associated with the Grigori. On the chest over the heart comes to mind, but I have been told it can be different places. Specific memories are vague and related more to gut feelings, so while this particular symbol/sigil doesn't ring a bell with me, the overall concept and design does make sense. But I do agree that it is probably related to rank - probably your personal sigil, Raz. Very Happy

Myth
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 10:29 pm

I have seen this carved into a wooden door......... or at least thats where I 'feel' I have seen it......... or something like it......... I know, I'm not being very helpful.

It feels like a sigil for power in some way...... which is probably why I can 'see' it carved into wood, and stamped onto leather........

Ah, my poor addled brain!

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Ari'el
Ari'el

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:53 am

Well, I found a drawing that might have been what I was thinking of. But it's really sketchy, as though I wasn't really sure what I was writing, and thus couldn't focus on detail. It's kinda eh *shrug* But I'll put it up anyway.

When I think of a placing for a sigil, I keep thinking of my right shoulder.

A Curious Circle Img_0212
Back to top Go down
valthasar

valthasar

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:55 am

Yay! You found your drawing! =D
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 3:19 am

Hmmmm...!...

...After seeing Ellysium's drawing too, to compare (yeah, it is sketchy, but it was also very powerful to see. i feel like I can see the energy in the drawing, of what it is), I want to say that they have to do with the Gateways in some way. A key.... In fact when I saw the first drawing I also wanted to say it was a key, but I didn't understand that and couldn't put it into any sort of context. So, I think it's either a key that allows entry and access, or a key that tells you how to get from one place to the next, or both.

The bottom two symbols in yours, Raz, seem to me to be related to two of the Sidhe cities I mentioned. One is said to be in the mountains, and one - the one that I felt was home to me - is said to be in or on the water.

The top two symbols don't look like anything I would recognize, though.
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:04 pm

Dream'sEnd wrote:
The bottom two symbols in yours, Raz, seem to me to be related to two of the Sidhe cities I mentioned. One is said to be in the mountains, and one - the one that I felt was home to me - is said to be in or on the water.

Are these two of the four main cities of the Sidhe?

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Ashtart

Ashtart

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 3:07 am

Yes, the western water city of Murias and the northern mountain city, Falias. From Falias the Tuatha brought to Ireland the Stone of Destiny.
Back to top Go down
Razi'el
Razi'el

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 4:53 am

well, the idea behind the four sigils was just a little thing i had done for something like a dungeons and dragons thing, but they seemed to fit the purpose what those little voices were trying to communicate. they were meant to stand for the traditional four elements, the top two being the masculine elements of fire (left) and air (right), and the lower being the feminine elements of water and earth. as for their positions, the exact corners were kind of the voices' ideas, and the positions in relations were so that fire and water would not be in direct contact, nor would the air and earth. but the thing that grabs me the most about this is the lines and circles in the middle... it was like i had been intimately familiar with which lines connected to which circles, where each circle went, and where the lines connected to the outer rim.

that's what the upper two were meant to stand for, but if there are corresponding sidhe cities, then it's entirely possible that this is anything from a key, seal, map or portal itself, to something as mundane as a brand indicating rank or property.

Raz
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 5:17 am

Ah, that could explain why I couldn't "read" the top two as anything. Your bottom two are spot on... And yes, there were two other cities that correspond to fire and air: Finias and Gorias.
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 5:30 am

When I saw your image, Raz, I felt, and then more strongly when I saw Ellysium's image again, an impression of that big black gate from the movie "Stargate." It seems important to share what I saw with you folks. And heard the "word" - "key." Maybe one of you will actually know what it meant, if I don't keep that in my head lol.
Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:05 am

I got the impression those four sigils represented the elements, so clearly it seemed too obvious to point out. I really need to stop glazing over stuff like that... For some reason, I keep assuming that you understand everything, Raz, even when you say you don't.

The circles and lines in the middle are a constellation, right? I got that Stargate impression too, Dream's. The more I look at this thing, the more it looks to me like some kind of map, or chart. Something used to help someone find their way to something. Ellysium's, on the other hand, looks more along the lines of a runic spell.
Back to top Go down
valthasar

valthasar

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:32 pm

I tossed this out at Raziel in a private message, but I'll toss it out here as well in case it sparks a further train of thought for some of you.

For what it's worth, I don't know how familiar you are with magick in terms of ritual or ceremonial magick, what you may have read or studied or whatever. There are four Watch Towers, which represent the four cardinal compass points or quarters, as well as corresponding with the four elements--basically this is the four corners of the earth. It also is supposedly where the guardians or Watchers are who are invoked in magickal workings. Some say the four archangels are those guardians and invoke them in their workings.

Here's something that ties in to the possible constellation factor. Those four Watch Towers are supposedly linked to a specific star. The north is Fomalhaut, the east is Aldebaran, Regulus for the south, and Antares for the west. Not saying that's a definitive, solid answer and THE answer, but that's what I've seen in my years of reading and research.

As for if it's yours (Raziel's) or not, that's something you can decide.

It's possible that the four smaller circles do represent the fae kindgoms/elements and the center is a particular star formation noting where you were from, which would then give you which element/corner you were perhaps involved with "watching" if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Ari'el
Ari'el

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 1:51 am

I forgot to mention this before, but the symbol in the bottom left, the one that looks like a mountain with a circle in it, is really familiar to me. I also assumed the four symbols stood for elements, but also glazed over it lol.
I'd be interested to know what the writing around the outer edge means, I feel like that's important too, somehow.
Back to top Go down
Razi'el
Razi'el

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 3:37 am

those were just some fort of runes, i was kind of half-assing them. i was getting a similar impression when i was doing them as i did the "constellation" part, only it was much harder to read. i got the feeling it didn't matter quite matter as much, and when i drew out the symbols for the outer edge to what i thought they were, i got the impression of the voices saying something like "meh, that works."

Dream, i would be very interested in hearing about those four cities, it's piqued my curiosity! something tells me it'll be handy for me to know, both for interpersonal relation purposes and for some deeper understanding into magical arts ^^

Scratch, i say i don't understand most things for the sake of the possibility that my current understanding may be wrong ^^ a teacher should never assume s/he is an expert in his/her field. of course, i'm not saying i'm a teacher just yet, or an expert on anything; right now i'm just a silly angel who has little voices that tell him what to do! lol!
Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:23 am

I know how that goes, Raz. Though I'm glad to hear, from the sound of it, my assumption of your latent understanding might not be completely off-base. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 6:01 am

Quote :
Dream, i would be very interested in hearing about those four cities, it's piqued my curiosity!

Sure Raz,

The four cities were/are Falias, in the north, Murias, in the west, Gorias in the east and Finias in the south. Falias is a city nestled on the tops of mountains. It is said that from this city came the "stone of destiny." Murias is a city that lies on or under (I think it used to lie on and now lies under) the water. I perceived it as a place protected by a translucent pyramid of stone. From Murias it is said the Tuatha brought with them the "Cauldron of Dagda."

Gorias is a pastoral city that lies amongst pleasant green meadows and farmlands. It has sweet-smelling air and the people live in cottages close to the land. From Gorias the Tuatha brought with them the "spear of destiny." Finias is a "stark barren volcanic landscape" - grey, black and brown. From Finias (or Findias perhaps) came the "Sword of Nuada."

I hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Curious Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Circle   A Curious Circle Empty

Back to top Go down

A Curious Circle
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next