HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Re-Introduction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Seraphyna

Seraphyna

Re-Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re-Introduction   Re-Introduction EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm still mainly on hiatus so I don't know how much I'll be around, but here's a bit about moi:

I'm 24 years old, graduated college with a double B.S. in Biology and Environmental Studies (woot double major!) in 2008. So , I'm a pretty scientifically minded person and enjoy applying my biology knowledge to the topic of otherkin.

As you probably all know by now I apply skepticism to otherkin topics in general, question constantly, say exactly what I mean no hidden context included, and have a tendency to wield a shiny logic hammer...and before you ask, yes I do apply the same critical/skeptical eye, etc. to myself as well as everyone else.

For as long as I can remember "human" didn't seem like an apt signifier for myself. It just didn't quite cover it. I didn't really explore why, however, until late highschool when one rather detailed past life memory smacked me upside the head and initiated the exploration stage. Since then I've joined a ton of forums and found two people who share my memories (the only reason I accept them as memories). I experience phantom wings all of the time, and often what I term "gargoyle" parts (think lionness meets dragon) like claws/muzzle/cat-like shoulderblades/wanting to walk on the balls of my feet/fangs/you get the idea. I also can pretty much trigger (though sometimes they're random) shifts into anything. So far the most interesting random shift was axolotl while at work...yeah phantom gills sticking out from my neck was an interesting experience.

*So* from a combination of shifts, memories, inherent knowledge (I guess, I don't really know what else to call it *shrug*) I'm some kind of polymorphic celestial. Yes, I use celestial instead of "angel" since people can't seem to grasp that "angel" just means "messenger of the divine" and not "servant of the Judeo-Christian God". I just avoid the annoyance of explaining. These days I'm leaning towards being some type of angel of wrath/death/vengeance, but we'll see.

As for random stuff, I'm a grammar nazi so if anyone needs something proof read I just might do it if you ask nicely I love snails and frogs, have 15 tattoos (they're posted around here somewhere) and hope to get more. I've been a practicing/studying eclectic pagan since around age 12 (though I was raised Roman Catholic ), meaning I partake in "choose your own adventure" spirituality. I love stones/crystals, dragonsblood is the best scent *ever*, enjoy mint tea, dancing in the rain, thunderstorms, think the vampires of fiction are dead sexy, and have the capacity for being entirely random and going off on tangents that amuse me.

I don't mind questions (though people these days seem to randomly IM me hoping I'll have all answers they seek about their "otherkin nature" so if you plan to ask me to solve your identity crisis...don't).
Back to top Go down
http://child0fbalance.livejournal.com
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

Re-Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-Introduction   Re-Introduction EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi Seraphyna and thanks for the reintroduction. I think it may be a good idea for those of us who are regular posters/members to perhaps add a reintroduction so that we can all remember and understand who and where we come from in our unity on this forum.

The cold hard hammer of questioning needs to be used at all times, as no one person has all the answers and those who tend to shout loudest about how right they are, are usually those who know the least.

We all have our own pieces of the jogsaw, and we all chose to share them when or if the time is right. All we can hope to do is meet those who share a common memory of the past and understand the bigger picture this can paint.

Whenever your hiatus comes to an end, we'll look forward to seeing you more on the forum, if that feels right for you. Take care and thanks for the reintroduction.

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

Re-Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-Introduction   Re-Introduction EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 11:28 pm

It's lovely to see you here in our new home. The decor is so much more appropriate don't you think Smile

sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Re-Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-Introduction   Re-Introduction Empty

Back to top Go down

Re-Introduction
Page 1 of 1