HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Year of Action

Go down 
+4
Eshtar
Myth
Ashtart
Azaz'el
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

The Year of Action Empty
PostSubject: The Year of Action   The Year of Action EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:24 pm

The past few years have been given a title, a concept by the Grigori that sums up the energy, the essence that this particular years energy seems to convey.

This current year is seen to be the year of action, a time when we all take an active part in the world. in our own worlds, to begin our training, redevlopment and honing our skills so that we can be ready for the future.

Is anyone actually finding this year one that is heading towards action?

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Ashtart

Ashtart

The Year of Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Action   The Year of Action EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:49 pm

Quote :
when we all take an active part in the world.

Absolutely. It's also the Year of the Tiger... a time for less thinking and more doing. In both ways, I'm finding that I have to do more and think less. There's less planning and more emphasis on "getting out there and putting alllllllll the training to use." Finally.

It's like, the degree to which I would say to myself "someday, I'll do this, someday, I'll do that." Suddenly, someday is here. I can't sit back and fantasize about what the future might hold or how I'll shape it. I have to just get out and take the hits and hope for the best, knowing that doing *something* is better than doing nothing... and it's needed.

I've been making more connections than ever with other people, people with similar ideas on what they want to do in the world. Lots of networking. I've felt inspired to try to put the "spirit" into the open, i.e. perform ritual in public spaces and be open about what I believe, and try to create dialogues. I've felt a sense of "putting roots down"... I've never been firmly rooted to one spot, but I've found the space that fits me now and I'm trying to lay foundations on which to build my empire projects. All in all, lots of concrete "material" things happening.
Back to top Go down
Myth

Myth

The Year of Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Action   The Year of Action EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:41 pm

For me, personally, action about sums it up. On New Year's Eve (wait, I think it was... but definitely the week between Christmas and New Year's, or maybe even New Year's Day... yeah, I do think it was New Year's Day!) I started writing my book that turned out to be about the Grigori. Weird. Since then I have been focused and "driven" by something more than me. The Me inside me, if you will. I find the more I post here, the more focused I get, the less lost I feel. It's a freeing of sorts to voice all the things I want to say... all the things I wish to know, the questions I want answered. I put them out into an ethernet of "nameless" people/spirit/energy, and I actually get a response! Very Happy I've thought of questions I never knew I needed answered.

On a separate note, I sent my first 15 chapters to a fellow writer and friend, and the response back was VERY positive. I guess I'm on the right track in both realms.

Okay, so if something more is driving me, driving us, to action... then who, how, and why? Any thoughts? Does this have something to do with the whole 2012 hoopla (great movie, btw!), or is it a mere coincidence?

Hee... the 2012 reference reminded me of the movie Legion. Did anyone here see it, and if you did I'm really curious to know what you thought! I had my opinions, and they weren't really positive. Terrible plot. It made no sense whatsoever.

Myth
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

The Year of Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Action   The Year of Action EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:17 pm

I'm hoping to see Legion this weekend.... will let you know what I think!

Az
Back to top Go down
Eshtar

Eshtar

The Year of Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Action   The Year of Action EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:16 pm

I like3d Legoin acualy it portrays alot of what Azazel describes about the Shadow. The ones who were awgainst the humans.
Back to top Go down
Myth

Myth

The Year of Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Action   The Year of Action EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 7:20 am

Eshtar,

Az started a topic in the free chat section about Legion. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the movie.

Myth
Back to top Go down
cr8zycelt

cr8zycelt

The Year of Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Action   The Year of Action EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 10:03 am

It,s funny that you mention 2012. I have spent the better part of the last 4 years studying the Mayan calendar/religious beliefs and practices.
When I stumbled upon the website attached to this board and began to read about the Fallen and their story. When it spoke of the Great Cycle I almost fell out of my chair.
The biggest story behind the end of the Mayan calendar is it brings to end a 12,000 year cycle. And if memory (albeit short) serves me correctly The war took place around 11,600 BC. Another interesting match is between this much talked about "awakening" and the Mayans belief of a new conciousness which culminate with the planet being aligned with the absolute center of the galaxy, which is set to arrive on Dec 21st, 2012.
The Mayans were worshippers of time and the Sun, they did not invent the calendar, but perfected it. It is quite an amazing tool that could look both forward in time as well as backwards. (The Mayan's reign did not really begin until roughly 750 AD, yet they could look back 12,000 years at the cycles of time.)
The end of the calendar is not going to bring about the end of the world, but the end as we know it.
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

The Year of Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Action   The Year of Action EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 10:37 pm

It's so nice to see another view on the matter, one that doesn't see this as being the end of world in utter destruction, but a change that is needed.

But, I'm still taking out an insurance policy in the fact htat I will be standing inside the Lesser Gateway here in the UK on 21st December 2012 just in case things happen!!!!!

Az
Back to top Go down
Myth

Myth

The Year of Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Action   The Year of Action EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 11:18 am

And the Lesser Gateway is where...? I think I know but humor me anyway. Very Happy

Myth
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

The Year of Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Action   The Year of Action EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:20 pm

You're all invited to the part at the Red Lion Inn at Averbury on 21 December 2012.... and the drinks are on AZ!! Razz

Just a thought.... what's the point in taking out an insurance policy if, in the event of it transpiring there will be no one to pay... Smile
Back to top Go down
Myth

Myth

The Year of Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Action   The Year of Action EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Thanks, Ish. That's what I thought. Wink Sounds like a good party, especially if Az is buying!!!

Myth
Back to top Go down
Capsha

Capsha

The Year of Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Action   The Year of Action EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:50 pm

I have to admit that I am a little bit scared about the whole 2012 thing. There's been so many stories attatched to it and I'm not sure that any of them will happen, but still, it's my sister's 21st birthday so we'll all be too drunk to remember it anyway!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kemetic-claudia.blogspot.com
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

The Year of Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Action   The Year of Action EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:09 am

I think many of us will be quite tipsy that night........... i imagine I will be, at the "end of the world" party!!

lol

Az
Back to top Go down
Veil

Veil

The Year of Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Action   The Year of Action EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 3:59 pm

So 2010 was definitely a year of action for me. My boyfriend of ten years moved out (taking his psychic yuck with him), I finished my MLIS degree, my rented condo got sold, and for the first time I was supporting myself and another person (my daughter) on my own.

2012 is the year of the dragon, and I was born in '76, which was also a dragon year. What's more, it was a fire dragon year, and their personality traits are much like those of Virgo, which is my sun sign. Being djinn, there is more fire and earth for you, two directions that often conflict with one another. So far, this year is turning out to be topsy turvy, the sort of wording I seldom use. I've moved back to my hometown, become reacquainted with old friends, and made several new ones (which is out of character for me). Tomorrow, I am going into a psych's office for autism evaluation that wasn't done when I was growing up, just to have some things confirmed.

I'm not planning anything major for Dec 21st. I saw a sticker that sums up my plans: Set my alarm for Dec. 22, 2012, wake up and confirm the world hasn't come to an end, then go back to sleep.
Back to top Go down
http://thegrayveil.blogspot.com
Ashtart

Ashtart

The Year of Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Action   The Year of Action EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:02 am

Ishtahar wrote:
You're all invited to the part at the Red Lion Inn at Averbury on 21 December 2012.... and the drinks are on AZ!! Razz

Just a thought.... what's the point in taking out an insurance policy if, in the event of it transpiring there will be no one to pay... Smile

Is this party still on? Please please please post pics o_o lol. Knowing Hawaii I will probably be either at a rave (o_o) or at home channeling major energy. Maybe some of my witchy friends will want to get together for a group. We've been doing some ritual at the ocean during new moon that's been lovely even if they don't really know how to do magic, well, at all >< (goes back to writing that class that I mentioned on facebook I'd teach...)
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

The Year of Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Action   The Year of Action EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:15 pm

I don't think so. I'm not driving right now but if my driving license comes through and I get a car before this date I will for sure be there. Unless of course someone offers me a lift in which case I will be there anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Year of Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Action   The Year of Action Empty

Back to top Go down

The Year of Action
Page 1 of 1