HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ARCHIVE: "Coming Out" part 2, Revealing the self

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Archive

ARCHIVE: "Coming Out" part 2, Revealing the self Empty
PostSubject: ARCHIVE: "Coming Out" part 2, Revealing the self   ARCHIVE: "Coming Out" part 2, Revealing the self EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:50 pm

By Dreamsend Mar 10 2008 -

I both agree and disagree with the comments that have been made in "The future has come" thread. I have been revealing myself and my energies recently, because I think that humans should have that choice - to be *able* to see me, and acknowledge or turn me away should they wish. It's a very stressful feeling... I let my energies go and it is a very vulnerable feeling in a way, as if anyone around me might try to attack me. They don't.... I at least feel that vulnerability. I feel better, letting myself be seen ... I am more "in myself" and "acknowledging of myself," whereas I have for most of my life shielded or literally scattered the parts of myself so that they do not offend anyone. I find that those around me tend to be either intimidated or avoid me (i.e. sit down beside me, then get up and stand far away) - or at least that's how they look, I don't actually know how they feel - or just... stare. A lot. I hate when people stare so I'm very uncomfortable, but I keep it up because it's a discomfort I think that I have to learn to indulge. I'm starting to realize that I have to "step into the spotlight," where I hate it most (lol), and I can't waver while I'm there.

Similarly, I think many people out there may be "reclaiming their lost selves," and that it's right and perfectly aligned.

I'll write some more on my personal feelings in the blog on My Myspace [user posted link - http://www.myspace.com/endofthedreams3], because I don't want to go on and on about myself. But... yeah. I don't think we should force anyone or anything to accept us or the truth we speak, but I'm not going to hide things in dusty books to be read by five people in a hidden room (lol) anymore. I think that to reveal our truth - gently and gradually - is positive... and I have started, and it is painful, and I'm working through it.

By Ishtahar Mar 10 2008 -

I think you are very brave. When one is used to hiding it is hard to step out into the light.

I wish you the best of fortune and I hope that those around you appreciate the wonderful gift you are giving them.

By Azaz'el Mar 10 2008 -

I think it is wonderful that you have the strength, courage and insight to begin the process of allowing the world to remember you at this time. It takes a lot to be so open..... something both Ishtahar and I thought long and hard about before deciding to begin the website and forum. Standing up, head held high, can be liberating but it also means that you can be seen. And that, as you will see, can change the world.

I'll look forward to reading your blog on your myspace page ...... very nice page by the way! Be true to who you are, and the world will soon remember you with love.

Az

By Sari'el Mar 12 2008 -

I'm getting there.

Slowly learning what to say, and what not to. And tonight, I dared to tell. A friend (human) sent me some messages leading me to believe there was more to her... After two days of avoiding the actual subject I asked her if she believed in Otherkin in general... First through a riddle, but I shouldn't have expected her to figure it out:

There is a word I'd like to say. I won't say it whole, but it starts with a K. The veil cast on it is really quite thin. If you read correct, the answer is herein.

[For someone who's bad at riddles I was quite proud of this one wink.gif]

She said she didn't know whether she believed in anything, but that she'd like to learn... So I told her a bit of what I knew, mostly about Shadow and Vampyres, but also the existence of other types of kin...even our history, our Fall... And she accepted it. All she asked was where my place was in all of this. And I told her what I was, though not who I was. No heads exploding, calling me insane, whatsoever... All she did was listen, and learn. In the end she said that from the moment she saw me she knew there was something about me, that I was...different. That she'd been dying to know what went on in my head, ever since she saw me... And of course I made her swear to everything dear to her to keep the knowlege I gave her to herself. I've felt the scourge of words a few times too many... Ah well... guess there's still hope for them.

And this is one of those rare times at which I actually dare say I love them.

Ser

By Ishtahar Mar 12 2008 -

That is wonderful. There is hope then.

By Azaz'el Mar 12 2008 -

There is always hope, if you look in the right places. If there wasn't, we could never have survived for so long through this pain.

Az

By Ishtahar Mar 14 2008 -

So many of us are instinctively afraid of revealing too much of ourselves, our memories, our experiences, even on a site where it is clear that you are not going to get jumped on for it.

I am one of them. It has taken a lot to be as open as I already have and there is more to say that I just cant bring myself to say just yet.

So why? What exactly are we afraid of? What do fear is 'out there' and what do we think they are going to do to us if we cross a line.

Why is it so difficult to be honest and open and how are we ever going to be able to fit all the pieces together when we are all hiding important bits of the puzzle?

I dont have the answers to any of those questions and they are all bothering me to a greater or lesser degree.

Any suggestions?

By Azaz'el Mar 14 2008 -

It could be something as simple as pain.

We were open and honest and proud of who and what we were. Yet those who opposed us attacked, slaughtered, exiled and banished us all. And we all have faced so much pain by just wanting to be true to who we are.

Now, in this world, there are few who believe and even fewer who remember. If we are open and honest some may mock us, may ridicule us, may try to cause us problems. So perhaps it is fear that stops us from standing up and being honest.

Perhaps the world just isn't ready for it yet. Perhaps it needs the slow infiltration into the human consciousness of what is real, what exists, who has returned .......... sites like this and others are slowly bringing to general awareness the concept of Kin and the Fallen.

Az

By Sari'el Mar 14 2008 -

"If we are open and honest some may mock us, may ridicule us, may try to cause us problems."

Well the event I mentioned did somewhat point in the direction that there are more humans out there that are at least willing to listen...

Absolutely. As I said...there is hope smile.gif

By Azaz'el Mar 15 2008 -

QUOTE (Seri'el @ Mar 14 2008, 10:32 PM)
"Well the event I mentioned did somewhat point in the direction that there are more humans out there that are at least willing to listen..."

Oh, I don't doubt there are some willing to listen.... if there wasn't, I think we'd all have given up a long time ago. My point was that perhaps the reason why some Kin do not feel confortable being too open is the fear of pain.... caused by those who aren't willing to listen. Your experience, Seri'el, shows that we dont always have to fear this pain of rejection.

There is always hope.

Az
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

ARCHIVE: "Coming Out" part 2, Revealing the self Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARCHIVE: "Coming Out" part 2, Revealing the self   ARCHIVE: "Coming Out" part 2, Revealing the self EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 9:26 am

Heh. Four years later and I'm still trying to get this one down. This for super reals, though. No more mucking around (is permitted). Everyone's lined up and ready, and just waiting for us (or in my case, me) to come out and say who we are.

Found this very helpful (again)

Quote :

So many of us are instinctively afraid of revealing too much of ourselves, our memories, our experiences, even on a site where it is clear that you are not going to get jumped on for it.

I am one of them. It has taken a lot to be as open as I already have and there is more to say that I just cant bring myself to say just yet.

So why? What exactly are we afraid of? What do fear is 'out there' and what do we think they are going to do to us if we cross a line.

Why is it so difficult to be honest and open and how are we ever going to be able to fit all the pieces together when we are all hiding important bits of the puzzle?

I dont have the answers to any of those questions and they are all bothering me to a greater or lesser degree.

Any suggestions?

By Azaz'el Mar 14 2008 -

It could be something as simple as pain.

We were open and honest and proud of who and what we were. Yet those who opposed us attacked, slaughtered, exiled and banished us all. And we all have faced so much pain by just wanting to be true to who we are.

Now, in this world, there are few who believe and even fewer who remember. If we are open and honest some may mock us, may ridicule us, may try to cause us problems. So perhaps it is fear that stops us from standing up and being honest.

Perhaps the world just isn't ready for it yet. Perhaps it needs the slow infiltration into the human consciousness of what is real, what exists, who has returned .......... sites like this and others are slowly bringing to general awareness the concept of Kin and the Fallen.

Az
Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: "Coming Out" part 2, Revealing the self
Page 1 of 1