HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ARCHIVE: A message, a charge

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Archive

ARCHIVE: A message, a charge Empty
PostSubject: ARCHIVE: A message, a charge   ARCHIVE: A message, a charge EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:49 am

By Dreamsend May 10 2009 -

I was getting ready to come to work today, when I heard a message that soon I would need to "focus on the real job" I am here to do. I had a vivid image of my pursuing witch-work and world-work more seriously (i.e. "my full time job") and wondering about how I would survive doing that and only that.

The tone of the message was that what I'm doing now (i.e. "normal job and living situation") is play, and not what I'm here to do; not my "real job".

I guess I can see how whoever it was that sent the message (probably someone from the otherworld/non-incarnate) would see what I'm doing ("surviving") as play... since I don't deal with the reality, emotions, energies, beings that I once did... Just wondering if anyone else here was also getting messages that they were going to have to dramatically change what it is they do for a living/day-to-day.

-- A

By Ishtahar May 10 2009 -

Strangely I have been in a very similar mindset for almost a year now. I know that very soon I am going to have to address it because the universe is pushing me very firmly in that direction and I have a feeling that soon I will be unable to continue as I am in any event.

Any suggestons you may have or answers you may find regarding how to survive on this alone I would be more than grateful to share. I am kind of on a kife edge at the moment and it would be good to see a ledge on one side.

ish

By Ouza May 10 2009 -

I believe the Buddha called it the middle way and by no means is it an easy one to follow!

We just have to set up practical daily goals and be prepared to change our perspectives at any given moment in time, otherwise we will just fall right back into the same old habits and ruts just wondering what went wrong and by the time we figure it out, it will be too damn late!

"We walk and go by faith with what ever higher power we choose, one step at a time" and know .... just know .... that we are doing the right thing and will be going to make mistakes in the long run but will ultimately try and do the best we can, always and will, I repeat will be ultimately triumphant in the end!

We need to be willing to make a final choice and change with our own free wills and really finally get out of here! We need a plan of attack or a map, we need to become pathfinders! And to be willing to stick to it's guidelines not so much rules written in stone but, as you go along to fit each situation as it arises!

We have to make, what we call in the military a "Command Decision" for ourselves and for our team ... come hell or high water!

As the navy would put it, "Damn the Torpedoes and Full Speed Ahead"! We move and we move now ... no ands, ifs or buts!

I guarantee, one thing for sure ... though! It will be different!

Ouza

By Fate May 10 2009 -

Yes, I have felt it. That's what prompted me to seek out other 'kin again. I had only tried briefly when I realized what was going on back in 2005 or so, then went back into my shell. I thought it was intertwined with my Mary work, but she has been quiet for awhile now. Nyx and her group have been more in the forefront, with Athena as well in her wisdom/craft aspects. As a result, I have been redoing my website to reflect their presence more strongly, and to include the Otherkin information.

By Azaz'el May 10 2009 -

I also know this well. I felt the stirrings of this for a number of years and have followed what I believe to be the right path for me to walk a number of times. However, each time I have tried this it has lasted only a short time before the needs of earning money has brought me crashing back into a painful reality.

I am having this 'call' again now, and is part of the process of understanding I need to reach by this summer. It's a part of the quest I am currently undertaking .... and it is one to which I have no new answers to or idea about.

I am at a loss too over this.

Az

By Ouza May 11 2009 -

"Your time is now, go for it !!!"

Ouza

By Dreamsend May 11 2009 -

If I learn anything I shall certainly share...

My situation is due to change very soon (by force if not choice... so I'm trying to "choose" what to do now, but sometimes have to be firmly "nudged" anyway...), certainly by the middle of summer, probably by the end of next month. I will have some sort of update then, hopefully of success in stead of failure... though each are equally likely as I think about it ...

A

By Ouza May 11 2009 -

Just make an affirmation of faith and stick to it!

You can't lose or know anything, until you try !!!

Always be aware that we are dealing with Possibilities and Probabilities here!

And Always, Always be a flexible flier!

Ouza

By Azaz'el May 11 2009 -

Thanks for your positive affirmations Ouza, it does always help to keep a positive mind set and belief. But, when your back is against the wall and the mortgage needs paying, the electricity bill needs paying, and you have little food, the decision of what to do next can be a tough one.

There are times when the universe needs to give us more help and greater guidance as to how to do the work it needs us to do, whilst still surviving in the modern world.

Az

By Razi'el May 12 2009 -

well, personally i've been having this feeling for a while now like there was something very important that i need to be doing. though what that is, i have no clue yet.... it does lend a sort of frustration to day to day life, to have that little nagging urge in the back of my head screaming "WHAT THE HEL ARE YOU DOING?! GET TO WORK!!!"

.... yes, somewhat frustrating.

Razi

By Ouza May 12 2009 -

Not being sarcastic or misunderstanding or uncaring in any respect shape or form ... but!

If you had 3 wishes what would you wish for?

Then think on the DJinn and believe !!!

Fate ... is a Powerful Muse! We are a team aren't we and there's nothing to lose in wishing ... is there?

But, if I only just had one wish what would it be? ... that we all would finally and totally get the h'el <-- [The Hidden one's! - Us] out of here before, whatever else happens!

Please, please, stay focused~I know it's easy to say but damn hard to do! We all have this one moment available. I for one don't want to screw it up just because of our true Nemesis ... Mammon!

But we have made mistakes in the past and if we fail this time ... we will again! I pray for {Free Will, Choice and Change} and just good old plain rotten luck!

Ouza

By Azaz'el May 12 2009 -

I think, based on past posts in other threads, that we are all staying focussed and we certainly will be doing all in our power to make sure we don't fail again. None of us will want to face that Exile again, and our time is short. But for me, personally, I have wished and wished and wished and believed for decades and as my sands run out I look more for hard action and physical solutions than just a hope and a wish.... but that's just my personal road.

Az

By Ellysium May 12 2009 -

Soo.... maybe it's because I've been away from the forum for so long, but I feel like I'm missing something.

I totally understand the feeling of needing to do something, or be somewhere, but not knowing what or where you're supposed to be. I get that occasionally. It can be frustrating, but there isn't much you can do about it if you don't know what you're supposed to be doing. Often it works itself out somehow, and you end up in the right place.

It also seems that alot of you know what you're supposed to be doing, and know what some other people's paths are, like there's some big, shared plan between you guys that I don't know about tongue.gif lol. But seriously, your descriptions of it are all so vague that I find it impossible to even try to come up with reasonable advice, except for 'try doing both'? (i.e. whatever you're called to do as well as keeping a job that will get your bills payed, etc.)

Ouza, you said "Please, please, stay focused~I know it's easy to say but damn hard to do! We all have this one moment available. I for one don't want to screw it up just because of our true Nemesis ... Mammon!"
Could you please explain this? I have no idea what you're talking about (again, probably because I've been gone so long and haven't read every thread) And who, or what is Mammon?

By Azaz'el May 12 2009 -

Mammon isn't a who, it's a what............ the old name given to the concept of being greedy, materialistic and focussing only on the physical world and posessions.

There have been cases when Mammon was referred to as a God, but it was never a specific deity in the First Times.

As for there being a shared plan ..... I wish there was....... at best we're all just linking into a shared feeling or emotion that the mundanity of going to work and living in the 'modern' world is not what we really should be doing........ that if anything we should be living the life we once did, not being typically 'human' in what we do.

Or at least that is my understanding and feel for it.

Az

By Ellysium May 12 2009 -

Ah ok. Thanks for the explanation, Az!

I can understand that feeling you have. Is there anything specific you've been trying to do that is more in line with what you feel you should be doing?

By Dreamsend May 13 2009 -

I *think* I've understood what I'm supposed to be doing. And the first steps I plan to take are to talk directly to the earth spirits and ask them to teach me what it is I need to know (i.e. their magic, and then I'll go from there).

Since I've never really done that, or ritual seriously... and definitely not taken the steps to start to heal the earth, the best that I am able (since I was always confused before).

I've been reading a book recently called Sorgitzak that is helping me to crystallize the *actions* I wish to take...

I plan to start out slow, learning and practicing what the earth spirits will teach me, if anything =), and keep the job I have until a feasible solution presents itself... I am keeping an affirmation that I will be led into being able to do my "real work" full-time. I hope it pays off. I would hate to just be stuck in between a rock and a hard place... Though sometimes pressure is what's needed.. If it can't be solved then I will assume that what is needed *is* actually for me (and those of us that are left with no options, nowhere to turn) to break. The "revelation" at hand, LOL Yeats...

(((reference for that comment is this poem by William Butler Yeats... a dark one, but a nice one:

The Second Coming

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

-- William Butler Yeats)))

If not to break, then to be hardened into diamond? LOL I have too many dorky references, hahaha

By Fate May 13 2009 -

I am curious where the idea came from to speak to Earth spirits? I'm an Earth sign, but I have been drawn mainly to Water, although I have a lot of ladies in the Grove where I participate/teach that are Earth Craft oriented. I've recently had a few dreams, and awake events, that are drawing me to weather magick too.

Oh, and Yeats. Always a good choice. tongue.gif

By Ishtahar May 13 2009 -

For myself I am water...water...water.... But Earth is a good place to start.... grounding, earthing, anchoring. Good luck. I only wish that I had some sense of direction, some idea of where I am supposed to be heading. Ah well.... what will be must be.

Ish

By Ouza May 13 2009 -

You are and always will be in the right place for the right reasons and right things. Just know that you know that you know !!!

... M

By Scratch May 14 2009 -

QUOTE (Dreamsend @ May 13 2009, 04:10 AM)
"The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
-- William Butler Yeats

If not to break, then to be hardened into diamond?"

Thanks for sharing this in its entirety. It was briefly quoted in Neil Gaiman's "American Gods," which is a very important book to me for what it is, and I'd wanted a copy of the whole.

I think the part I quoted really says it all, and your "dorky reference" finishes the thought. Up is down, black is white, and it breaks or tempers to figure out who and how to trust. I've met so many good people trapped by circumstances or their own minds like butterflies in a web, as I am, while those without scruples or souls are completely unfettered. I ran with a very bad crowd for a while because of a false sense of liberation they gave me, and am still learning to actually tell the difference.

The same can be said for spirits, so proceed with caution. Make sure, if doing a ritual, the circle is closed with a blessing/incantation to let only the beneficial in, and that no one or nothing breaks the circle until you open it at the end. If something does, stop, open the circle, check carefully that there's no residuals hanging about, and start over again from the beginning. If/when you get responses, be honest with yourself how you feel about what they say, and especially if they tell you to do something. Helpful beings can say things you really don't want to hear, but that's still a very different feeling from an attempt to coerce you into something wrong. Some things just like raising havok, are very good at masquerading, and stick like burrs if you let them.

By Ouza May 14 2009 -

Re: Scratch

A very very good analogy !!!

May, I be allowed to submit one too?

Ouza smile.gif

[user posted image at http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a5/Bohr_atom_model_English.svg/200px-Bohr_atom_model_English.svg.png - ARCHIVE ]

Niels Bohr's model of the atom made an analogy between the atom and the solar system.

Just, a little different spatial perspective of the so called universe that we are currently in!

Maybe a little out of line ... but definitely a little {<--- "No pun intended for the both"} rolleyes.gif exercise in the way ... we look at things!

By Dreamsend May 14 2009 -

I will definitely do that, Scratch. Thanks for the advice. I was wavering on whether to create a ritual circle or not but those are very good points. I definitely want it to be very sacred without being too structured.

Fate, not Earth (the element) spirits so much as the spirits indigenous to the whole Earth/Gaea... I think I will start by sitting with a tree... so I guess it would be more like "dryads" than "earth spirits" hehe...

I was inspired to take this path partially because of inspiration from books like that one I mentioned...

Also because I have been feeling for the past year or so that... the earth was talking to me... asking me to help it and help heal it, because humans do not connect to it anymore, (talk to it, make offerings to it, receive offerings from it and are grateful for it, and moreover, just the sort of bond/relationship that strengthens hearts. I have the feeling that, the same as humans yearn and search for that true love, value relationships with their families and children and friends, and seek to strengthen these bonds because of the benefits, the Earth is another partner that we need to connect with and develop a relationship with, as a friend, mentor, lover, all of the above), and it is suffering. Thus we will all suffer. So, to do the small part that I can do I eventually thought (after wrestling with "how exactly to get humans to care about/acknowledge the Earth again" for some time) that...

Magic is needed, and ritual is needed. First and foremost, honoring the sacred sites, blessing them and re-energizing them, "awakening and speaking to the sleeping gods" (as the author writes in Sorgitzak) of the lands is needed. And to know exactly how to bless and re-energize the land (techniques I think have been either lost or have lost meaning in the "new, modern" world), or even to find out what *exactly* needs to be done, in case it is really none of that, I must go to the source.

For example, there is another book I was reading, "Chosen by the Spirits" by Sarangerel, about shamanism. It talked about a shaman "goddess" who is worshiped as the shaman without a teacher... having received the teachings from the spirits themselves.

But that's the kind of process that is what is needed here (in America, at least) right now. The knowledge I think does not "exist" (held by conscious thought of any human anywhere), or at least I cannot find it.

-- Angela

By Fate May 14 2009 -

QUOTE (Dreamsend @ May 14 2009, 12:47 AM)
"Fate, not Earth (the element) spirits so much as the spirits indigenous to the whole Earth/Gaea... I think I will start by sitting with a tree... so I guess it would be more like "dryads" than "earth spirits" hehe..."

No, I get that. It's the same with the Grove ladies. I understand the spirits in the trees, and stones, but I tend to do better with the ones in Water when it comes to magick. Maybe it's because unless people happen to live by large bodies of water, which I do, they tend to forget about the spirits in Water. When I am out and about around plants though, I talk to the spirits, albeit not out loud unless I'm alone. Stones of course have their own pulse, and I speak to that too.

Elementals...whole different ballgame. Spike heads, that's my nickname. They like it.

By Scratch May 14 2009 -

QUOTE (Dreamsend @ May 14 2009, 10:47 AM)
"not Earth (the element) spirits so much as the spirits indigenous to the whole Earth/Gaea... I think I will start by sitting with a tree... so I guess it would be more like "dryads" than "earth spirits" hehe...

First and foremost, honoring the sacred sites, blessing them and re-energizing them, "awakening and speaking to the sleeping gods" (as the author writes in Sorgitzak) of the lands is needed. And to know exactly how to bless and re-energize the land (techniques I think have been either lost or have lost meaning in the "new, modern" world), or even to find out what *exactly* needs to be done, in case it is really none of that, I must go to the source."

There you go! That's a great place to start. Reading your post, I got the idea that by doing little things first, you're kind of saying hello and showing what you're about. That way, you can start to build a reputation among the plants and animals, so they know on sight or contact that you want to help, and can show you ways to do that. Also, if you've helped something, or something that something cares about, those things are likely to help you if they can. Then, not only do you have allies against mischief like I was talking about, but real relationships start building.

I've felt a pull like that, although perhaps not as strong as yours. The most common thing I do is touch plants as I walk around the city. It just occurred to me at some point that those poor things growing out of little holes in the concrete might be cold, or lonely, or feel like little more than some chihuahua's toilet. So I touch or greet them silently as I pass, because I want them to stay, and miss a more natural environment, as much as I love the city. I'm starting to feel, after at least half a year of doing that, sort of, anticipated, on my regular routes, and one night a bouncer at a club said, as I bade him goodnight, "You can't leave! All the plants will die!" I'd only seen him once before (he remembered me, I didn't), and don't know what prompted that, but I swear there was a cushion of air under my feet as I walked home.

By Ouza May 15 2009 -

I think I remember that back in the early 60's, and 70's (I think) there was a project of scientists and Hippies??? that were going to establish a research center somewhere in Northwestern Europe ... I want to say Denmark, Norway or Sweden, somewhere.

They were going to nuture the plants, animals, etc. with the old druidic? methods of all types of stuff like music, talking, singing daily communication with the spiritual part of the plants and animals, you name it! Then it just disappeared from public eye and that was the last that I ever saw or heard of it again! Does anyone remember this? And if so was it successful or not? It just faded away, somehow!

Ouza

By Scratch May 15 2009 -

Never heard anything about that, but the pastor teaching my confirmation class (of all places!) told us about a couple of scientists who hooked up a machine, similar to a seismograph or lie detector, to various plants, and discovered they registered appropriate reactions to conversations going on around them. When the men talked casually about unimportant or neutral subjects, the lines on the paper stayed steady, but discussing war and violence, or yelling, caused wild fluctuations.

I say now that's yet another example of science "discovering" what some people have known for ages, but at the time it kind of blew my mind, especially under those circumstances. I lucked out with the church I was raised in.

By Dreamsend May 17 2009 -

Scratch, I love that story about the scientists with their plant lie detector test. It really gave me hope... I love when modern science ventures into those areas that we already know... it seems like they're one step closer to studying the whole world (everything in it) as opposed to the obvious bits.

For those that are wondering, the ritual, of course (I did sort of expect that it wouldn't), did not go as expected at all. At the least I can say that if the one spirit I talked to was right, trees and humanity are kind of in the same situation as far as not understanding the best way to proceed into the future, and waiting for "something or someone" that can bring them together, (although for that one tree, it wasn't the sort of Messiah that humans talk about sometimes, "he" was pretty unfamiliar with that concept and I had to explain). I got the impression that though humans and trees used to be bonded, we and our culture and communication methods have become as foreign to them as theirs has to most of humanity. So... step two is... talk to something older, LOL. I asked the one tree spirit (I cannot spell or pronouce his name for the life of me) if he had a suggestion for who/what I should talk to next. He said probably a mountain, or the base of a mountain with a big, old structure like an old tree or lake. I live in an urban area and though I'm fortunate to live near/in wooded areas, I guess this tree was not that old =).

I have no idea where to find this mountain (urban area, haha).

By Ellysium May 19 2009 -

Dream, take a day trip out into the country smile.gif Though I don't remember what area of the country you live in, so finding a mountain may or may not be easy. And if it is difficult... maybe try connecting to the land itself? Or a river? I don't know. I'm sure you can figure it out smile.gif
Makes sense that the tree wouldn't know... most trees really aren't that old, as most of them were cut down in Colonial times along the east coast especially in the Northeast and New England. Some trees live longer than others. Some don't even live longer than the typical human, though I can't remember what type that is, whereas others, I believe, can live hundreds of years if not longer.

I've enjoyed reading these posts. They've reminded me of how I used to be connected to the Earth and the various spirits inhabiting it. I'd like to start walking around in nature more, by myself, as I find it harder to connect to trees and other things if there are other people around.

I also really like the science stuff about these sorts of things.. too bad it's hard to find information about it though, and I hope the studies were done with good science, otherwise they can be easily dismissed as bunk. But it reminds me of this one study I heard of.. I think my college ecology professor told me about it... but I'm not sure. Anyway, the study showed that trees could communicate with each other. A tree in one area of the forest would be burned or cut down, or something... and trees in another area of the forest displayed similar reactions as the one that was being harmed.

By Dreamsend May 20 2009 -

"Anyway, the study showed that trees could communicate with each other. A tree in one area of the forest would be burned or cut down, or something... and trees in another area of the forest displayed similar reactions as the one that was being harmed."

I love that story =D! Yes, so awesome... I would have loved to be the one to discover that lol...

A day trip into the country .... *thinks*... that could work...

By Laeus May 30 2009 -

as for the elemental thing, i don't really connect with an element. water, fire earth air. but as for the earth spirit thing i have found myself talking to palnts and trying to contact the fae all of a sudden. im really connecting with nature, its weird how it suddenly just happened. as for "focusing on something" im not feeling that, i feel as if the universe has taken a back seat, its not pushing me in any direction, but it is observing me, seeing what im going to do next.

By Azaz'el May 30 2009 -

QUOTE (Laeus @ May 30 2009, 10:35 PM)
"i feel as if the universe has taken a back seat, its not pushing me in any direction, but it is observing me, seeing what im going to do next."

Perhaps you've hit the nail on the head with that one....... the Universe is waiting to see what you do with what you have been given already........ once you have used it, understood it, accepted it and become open to more, only then you'll be given the next series of lessons you need to learn from.

There are times we work in the inner worlds, and times we work in the outer, physical world......... and summer is traditionally the time for working in the outer world.

Az

By Razi'el May 31 2009 -

reading through this actually reminds me, i should probably go outside more and walk the woods for a bit... i stopped for a while, because it just felt kind of eerie. i felt like i was being watched all the time, and it kind of made me uncomfy. but meh, it was probably just the trees LOL

By Dreamsend May 31 2009 -

"but as for the earth spirit thing i have found myself talking to palnts and trying to contact the fae all of a sudden. im really connecting with nature"

The fae and the other spirits of the land (plants, the earth, etc.) are trying to connect with people more than they were. I have no idea what's brought it to the forefront for them, but it seems that connecting with us has become a priority for them.

It could also be that the Veil between worlds is fading somewhat, so whereas we couldn't hear or sense them without much effort just a few years ago, we can more easily today.

By Laeus May 31 2009 -

well if you look at it this way, in celtic myth the tuatha de danaan were fay, now reduced to images of little girls with flower dresses and wings, i'd want to connect again if it were me.

By Dreamsend May 31 2009 -

laugh.gif laugh.gif quite.
Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: A message, a charge
Page 1 of 1