HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ophiuchus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scratch

Scratch

Ophiuchus Empty
PostSubject: Ophiuchus   Ophiuchus EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:39 pm

I was rather stunned yesterday, when a friend told me there is now a 13th sign of the Zodiac! This, and planet Eris (of all names!) seem to be shouting, in ways even the most mundanely-minded people can't quite ignore, how we are indeed in a time of massive shifts and changes. Has a new sign ever been added to the Zodiac before this?

The thing that really got me, personally, was when I did a little research just now, and found that apparently I have been watching the constellation of Ophiuchus since I began to take my awakening seriously. That side of my mind kept telling me those stars had something to do with all these weird things happening to me, that their arrangement was a "sign of the times," and would somehow have a profound effect on what was going to happen. I keep looking up at them, expecting them to move or something. Tears actually sprang to my eyes when I saw the picture, and I really hope the sky is clear tonight, so I can double-check.

So, I'm curious what all of you think. Are you going to follow the new arrangement of zodiac dates, stick to the sign you were born with, or combine the two opinions? I never used to think I fit the profile of a typical Capricorn, then seemed to grow into it, as I matured some and found out more info. Now, as my personality has continued to shift, I was ticked by how well Sagittarius seems to fit me, after reading a basic description. I like the idea of being a Fire sign. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

Ophiuchus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiuchus   Ophiuchus EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:58 pm

The Ophiuchus thing has existed for a really long time. I haven't read up on why people are claiming that it's a part of the zodiac now... though, to my understanding, the new zodiac arrangement apparently only affects people born after 2009. *shrugs*...

In any case, I usually read the horoscope for Capricorn instead of Aquarius as I realized that Cap traits apply to me much more than Aquarius traits sometimes... I'm also kind of a cusp baby, so a little bit of both... both an airheaded distractable crazy/genius Aquarius and a down-to-earth, serious, sarcastic Capricorn.
Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

Ophiuchus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiuchus   Ophiuchus EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:18 am

I heard it's only for 2009 and later too, but suspect that's simply to keep 50 million people from suddenly regretting their star sign tattoos. All the sites I read were inviting me to look up my new sign, even though the ones listing sign traits still had the old dates in place. I just think, as I always have about astrology in general, that it's fun.

Apparently, the change is due to wobbles in the Earth's axis, or something with the Moon's gravity, that has changed enough for 12 signs to no longer be sufficient. Heh... could that mean we're going to need another month, too?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ophiuchus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiuchus   Ophiuchus Empty

Back to top Go down

Ophiuchus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Information :: Miscelleny-
Jump to: