HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

a recent dream and an old friend

Go down 
+2
Scratch
Perinaquildë
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Perinaquildë

Perinaquildë

a recent dream and an old friend Empty
PostSubject: a recent dream and an old friend   a recent dream and an old friend EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 4:43 am

So, as I mentioned in my introduction, I have/used to have a recurring person in my dreams.

The way it used to work was it'd be a usual dream (odd, not really in control etc.) and then he'd get my attention and the dream would be lucid. We'd take turns in my dreams and his, having fun, goofing off as one is prone to do in lucid dreams.... this would happen maybe once or twice a month. It didn't occur to me then to check it against any sort of lunar or stellar cycle.

I haven't seen him in almost two years, until a few nights ago. It was just your usual not-too-happy dream. It wasn't a nightmare, but there was a vague sense of unease and the sort.

He appeared, but instead of staying in my dream, we went somewhere else... it could have been his dream, but it felt different than before. It was like a beach, but the sky was so intense, almost like I could see every star there ever was and the moonlight was almost palpable.

He seemed rushed, and preoccupied. I remember him asking me where I've been, what I've remembered, what I've been doing etc. And then there was a deep, gravelly voice that drowned everything else out

"she'll draw down the light" or something to that effect. He looked scared and said something about 'putting me back for my own good, I wasn't ready' I'm pretty sure he meant back to my dream...

I feel bad, I don't remember his name when I'm awake... only when dreaming, and what he looks like is like trying to remember something almost forgotten as a child... but again, only when awake.

so... thoughts? comments? snide remarks?

I'm really, really new to alllll of this.
Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

PostSubject: Re: a recent dream and an old friend   a recent dream and an old friend EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 4:57 am

Well, I'm sure you don't have to worry about snide remarks. If there are any, someone will do something about it. Wink

That is interesting. I've had experiences with traveling in dreams, and recurring people I only remember the names and faces of in dreams, and people I don't physically know who seem to use dreams as means of communication and spending time with me. It definitely sounds as if that could be the case here. Do you remember what happened, if anything, after he talked about "putting you back"? Back to your own dream sounds very likely to me, as well.

It's extremely hard, if not impossible, to say anything for certain about anyone else's dreams. I'd say your best bet is to ask yourself questions about it, and see what answers come to you. Maybe the next time you see him, you can ask him about it as well.
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

PostSubject: Re: a recent dream and an old friend   a recent dream and an old friend EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Have no fear, Perin, everyone can express their opinions freely in this forum, but snide remarks aren't allowed.

Are you able to meditate at all? I ask because one possible technique would be to enter into meditation and try to step into the dream again. You probably won't be able to relive it, but may be able to see extra details, maybe even remember the face, the name, some of the activities.

Just make sure that you offer up protection and ground yourself at the end of the meditation.

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: a recent dream and an old friend   a recent dream and an old friend EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:07 pm

I like the sound of him. Take comfort in the fact that he is protective of you.

I think you need to ask him direct questons, that usually works best.
Back to top Go down
Perinaquildë

Perinaquildë

PostSubject: Re: a recent dream and an old friend   a recent dream and an old friend EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:16 am

I am rather fond of him, we've been friends (or what have you) for years now. Since I was 14 or thereabouts.

My problem currently is that I don't know how to contact him. We used to have a system or a sign or such... I can't remember waking.

But I can't get a hold of him. I don't want to accuse him of avoiding me, but it's get rather frustrating. I'm fairly convinced that he has some answers, or if he doesn't then he can help point me in the right direction.

But last night I had something else happen- it was something of a lucid dream/memory. I was back at an iris farm that my family went/goes to (my Father and I hybridize irises) it's out in the middle of nowhere, on the edge of a forest. It's gorgeous. One of my favorite places to be, anyways, I often go walking back in the woods, and there's a spring that I've always been very fond of. I was there, and instead of seeing the usual frogs and newts, there was a figure, a being that kept shifting forms, but he was always tall and was some mixture of animal/human-ish features.

all he said was "I knew you'd return here. You always do. There are paths everywhere, should you know how to look" and then I don't really remember what happened after that.

I swear, if it weren't for you guys or starting to look into this, I'd swear I was going crazy.

any thoughts on this new development?
and where should I go to learn about astral projection or other techniques to delve more into dreams.

I've been meditating for a bit now, but I'm still working out the kinks with grounding and focusing for more than 10 minutes.

I'm pretty flighty IRL, which is sometimes irksome.
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: a recent dream and an old friend   a recent dream and an old friend EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:37 am

I have experienced exactly the same thing. Someone who had been with me for a very very long time, who i was very close to just disappeared one day. Others I have spoken to about it have also mentioned that their guides disappeared at the same time.

Maybe we don't need them any more and it's time to stand on our own two feet. Maybe they have had to deal with some great event or maybe they're just having a party

As for your dream my best guess is that the shifting creature/being is some part of yourself... the shifting emotions/past lives/personality... or a mix of all your guides etc... the message being that you need to go back to a point in your life/lives and look at all the paths before you... find some that you have missed and try a different direction. Could be crap but worth thining on.

And if you are crazy then we're all crazy together.

We can share jigsaw puzzles in the institution.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

PostSubject: Re: a recent dream and an old friend   a recent dream and an old friend EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 1:22 pm

Now that, is my type of crazy !!!

"Remember this. When people choose to withdraw far from a fire, the fire continues to give warmth, but they grow cold. When people choose to withdraw far from light, the light continues to be bright in itself but they are in darkness. This is also the case when people withdraw from there own higher power or consciousness." ~ Augustine

Ouza I love you
Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

PostSubject: Re: a recent dream and an old friend   a recent dream and an old friend EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:48 pm

That's a really good quote, Ouza.

I think we all can relate to concerns of going crazy here, and I'm sure there are plenty of people out there too, burying dreams and blotting out experiences that don't immediately make sense to them. I'm no expert, but personally think seeking the true explanation for these things is very sane behavior, and much healthier than writing it off as "just my imagination." One of my true beefs with modern Christianity is the way it completely discounts any type of mystical experience, when the Bible is filled with dreams, prophecies, visitations, voices, and what today would be considered wholly inexplicable phenomena.

What the figure said about "there are paths everywhere" caught my attention. That could have been a bit of advice on how to find your friend. When I want to speak to one of my spiritual friends, all I have to do is think their name in a way that feels like I'm physically calling it out. This might work if you substitute an image or impression of the person for their name, but then, I talk to mine more while awake than in dreams. Astral travel and lucid dreaming are rather popular subjects, and there are a lot of books and resources out there with tips on how to do it. Meditation is a key element, in my experience, as well as simply believing you will. It takes some practice, so you might want to start with meditating yourself into sleep: lying flat on your back with your legs straight and arms at your sides, then letting one state carry you into the other. I still don't lucid dream at will, because I've never worked at it, but know I wake up from most of them lying flat on my back, when I normally sleep on my side.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

PostSubject: Re: a recent dream and an old friend   a recent dream and an old friend EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:38 pm

Remember love when Jesus was still here and both Simon and Saul were still breathing all of this so called negative and lack of was never the case. Thanks to the Council of Nicea for... that one Exclamation But remember the Nag Hammadi Library: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nag_Hammadi_library. Found in 1947 <---ring a bell. At least that's one they didn't get their hands on and we would never have even heard of the Book of Enoch. Imagine Mary Magdalene being an apostle .... go figure that one. Often wonder why they would want to get rid of that one Question

It's all about perspective, love...

Ouza I love you
Back to top Go down
Malphas

Malphas

PostSubject: Re: a recent dream and an old friend   a recent dream and an old friend EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:43 pm

Anything by Konstantinos. Nocturnal Witchcraft, The Gothic Grimorie, Nocturnicon, Summoning Spirits... ALL are very good. I highly suggest you read them. They could help.

Mal
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=816922368
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: a recent dream and an old friend   a recent dream and an old friend EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 10:18 pm

I've read some of them and I will look up the rest.

I don't trust Konstantinos though... be careful with him
Back to top Go down
Perinaquildë

Perinaquildë

PostSubject: Re: a recent dream and an old friend   a recent dream and an old friend EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 2:07 am

I'll look into some of his books, thank you for the suggestions

and Ishtahar- if you wouldn't trust Konstantinos, do you have any other recommendations?
Someone else (elsewhere) recommended The Art and Practice of Astral Projection by Ophiel and Journeys Out of the Body by Robert A. Monroe to help with some of this.

Tonight's goal is to try to meet this water spring-guardian figure. I'm very curious if this is an actual being, or just something that my subconscious threw together for varying reasons. May make a stab at trying to find my friend as well...

even better would be if I could get the two together. Unless you all would think this would qualify as a bad idea.

I've been trying to meditate and find out my friend's name.. or something that I can call him while awake. I remember his name when I'm sleeping, and I can almost remember the... thoughts attached to his name, if that makes sense.

Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: a recent dream and an old friend   a recent dream and an old friend EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 4:34 pm

My favourite writer on 'Wicca' is Rae Beth. She is a 'hedgewitch' and she doesn't teach or preach she simply shares.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

PostSubject: Re: a recent dream and an old friend   a recent dream and an old friend EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Follow Monroe's works closely although, I don't fully agree with everything that he professes to say!

Ouza
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a recent dream and an old friend   a recent dream and an old friend Empty

Back to top Go down

a recent dream and an old friend
Page 1 of 1