HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Magick and Glamour

Go down 
+3
Azaz'el
Ousa
Ashtart
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashtart

Ashtart

Magick and Glamour Empty
PostSubject: Magick and Glamour   Magick and Glamour EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 6:12 am

I feel a really intense connection to magick. I feel like, everywhere I go and everything I do, I inhale and exhale these spiritual energies that flow in and out of and around my environment. So,when I'm out and about my environment really matters to me... and seems to communicate with me, sometimes more strongly than other times. Feeling always connected to magick, I don't feel that I should or need to do ritual to perform magick... I mean, maybe I should, but for the most part it seems like I'm always connected to this "flow" of energies influencing and controlling events in this world, and I've learned and am learning to flow along with it, instead of fighting it or trying to direct or control it... sometimes if I focus really intensely on one thing or the other, something happens in response. It seems to mostly take concentration to do this.

A lot of fae talk about glamour as a fae/Sidhe specific sort of magick, I don't know how it's different. Feels more "pulpy" and substantive to me, like something that oozes out of the body and stretches out to do things to other people or other things. I wonder, typing about it now, if trees and other natural facets have glamour too... in my heart, the way I feel it is like... there's magick, the flow of all things that everyone is connected to and that many magick using humans use, and there's glamour which is somewhat innate and... glowy, shiny, palpable. "Pulpy." hahah...

I'd really like for the world to be more magickal in general. Everytime I see a building go up or... a McDonald's hahaha... i feel very sad and like something more has been lost... Why do humans destroy magickal places? Why don't they embrace magick in themselves? I wish I could go outside and see everyone dancing in the streets everywhere.... Dancing itself, making music, drumming, painting... these things seem to connect very deeply to the flow and to magick too. I want more of it, I crave it ><. I was talking with some fae and there seemed to even be a consensus of sorts that we are very drawn to the performing arts ... Something's there.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

Magick and Glamour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick and Glamour   Magick and Glamour EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Magic is apart of what life, is truly all about....

The french call or have a word for what we all seek Raison d'ĂȘtre "reason for being" !!!

Ouza
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

Magick and Glamour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick and Glamour   Magick and Glamour EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:42 pm

I understand exactly what you mean about magic and the lack of it in todays world and society. I hope and pray that as the world changes, as the Gateways open once more, and we recreate the world into a new state of being, that magic can return once more, in whatever form that it can.

I try as much as possible to bring about a sense of magic in all that I do, be it my writing, my artwork, the preparations for the festivals, my cookery, gardening or just a simple gift or treat for a loved one. Magic can hold so much more emotion and love that just ordinary expression.

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Scratch

Scratch

Magick and Glamour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick and Glamour   Magick and Glamour EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:38 am

I think of magick as manipulation of the energy that runs through everything, but it does seem to be more concentrated by consciousness, and less with ordinary expression, as you said Az. Maybe the amount and quality of the concentration itself is a key.

When I started busking, and performing in open mics, I noticed peoples' reactions are very much influenced by what I think of what and how I'm doing. If I wasn't completely convinced it was good, no one cared, and the level of their enjoyment rose with how much I enjoyed them watching me. Another busker told me once you have to "make them pay attention," which was quite literal. I think that stopping people on their way to the door, or on the street, because you want them to watch, is definitely a form of magick. That may even have something to do with why theaters are so notoriously haunted, and performers (even athletes) are often superstitious, and deemed "more" or "better" than other people.

I'd be very interested to hear, specifically, what you mean by glamour. I've heard of it as the art of making something appear different than it is; gold coins that are really dry leaves, and such. In that case, I'd say it's very commonly used by humans, but as mental stories and interpretations, to deceive themselves as much as others. From what you were saying, it didn't sound like an illusionary thing at all, so I'd like to know your definition(s) of the term.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

Magick and Glamour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick and Glamour   Magick and Glamour EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:16 pm

It was and is what we used the best. The ability to control another's perception of who we really are. A shape shifter of sorts by controlling someone else's thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

Magick and Glamour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick and Glamour   Magick and Glamour EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:13 pm

Quote :
I try as much as possible to bring about a sense of magic in all that I do, be it my writing, my artwork, the preparations for the festivals, my cookery, gardening or just a simple gift or treat for a loved one.

I love it XD Yeah, that is exactly what I mean... even the mundane could be amazing, and it should! Not only the obvious things but in everything that we do, holding magickal intent is so.... important. it's like... I could be biased, being kind of addicted to it... it creates life, sustains life and the "spark" that emboldens. You know? Like there's the heartbeat, or the water traveling through the leaves of a plant, or even a boulder sitting there, strong... and then there's "something else" that can be felt, touched, given. o_o *is getting all hot under the collar even thinking about doing magickal things... like... hugging a tree lol*

Oh man... simmer down.... lol....

This is why I love the festivals, since there's so much that everyone more or less feels it, and it's a little more like "home for a day" on those days.... or all the time, here, since people still honor the old ways of the land. >< I am grateful to have moved from the "heart of Babylon" in the US to someplace like HI. I hope that more and more the lands over the world are transformed too, to be more as they were, before people forgot how to connect to it.

Glamour is that, but to the best that I can express it, it's so much more. All people can learn to use magick to cause illusion, to make themselves more attractive or to not appear to others, so on and so forth... What makes "glamour" different from "magick" is that there's more of a "heartbeat" to it, and individual to each person. So, while (I feel like) magick is sort of a connection between all things and a flow that all people can use and change depending on what they do, glamour is kind of like the magickal expression of one being. But, I wouldn't consider most individuals to hold "glamour" because so few people are connected to the heartbeart of their own magickal expression. I would say that I have met some shamanist types who seem to really ooze that constant expression of their magickal self, and so some shamanist types read to me almost as if they are of the fae, even when they're not.

It's a really hard concept for me to explain >< I gave myself a headache, actually, trying to put it into words. Over time, hopefully it'll get easier to talk about, which may be why I started talking about it here, since it's so hard to talk about LOL...

Ash
Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

Magick and Glamour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick and Glamour   Magick and Glamour EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:24 pm

That works for me. Smile

Actually, especially with all the enthusiasm I could feel bubbling out of your messages, this sounds like a really great way to instigate the Revolution. People need magick, and I think they're starting to realize that, but aren't sure in what ways they should be reaching for it. Maybe if we start spreading the message that it doesn't require being some kind of marginal hippie or goth, that it actually involves a deeper connection to yourself and everyone/thing around you, that'll get some more hearts thumping.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

Magick and Glamour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick and Glamour   Magick and Glamour EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:53 pm

With time there will be a deeper understanding for us all this, I know for sure.

Ouza
Back to top Go down
wicthdragon

Magick and Glamour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick and Glamour   Magick and Glamour EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:47 pm

I know I am late in replying and or this three d is a bit old how ever I agree with the poster and every' one. see magick is every where inside us not just the fae but most people be they human non human in between etc who has always had it is all around all we have to do is find it with in and use it.
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

Magick and Glamour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick and Glamour   Magick and Glamour EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:20 am

You're never too late for the party when you bring something good with you. For Az that would be chocolate and cake, but an interesting comment works too Smile
Back to top Go down
Razi'el
Razi'el

Magick and Glamour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick and Glamour   Magick and Glamour EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:07 pm

it's funny you should mention this! back in high school, i started looking at my choir's performance one day, and i noticed something while we were singing. the way to describe it is colors, shining from each section and flowing up and combining together in the air above us! it was really pretty, and probably much of the reason i want to become a music teacher. after all, it wasn't just the spectacle of it, it was that FEEL, that strange energy that comes with performing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Magick and Glamour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick and Glamour   Magick and Glamour Empty

Back to top Go down

Magick and Glamour
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Otherkin :: Sidhe, Fae, and Elf Kin-
Jump to: