HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Types of Therians

Go down 
+6
Ari'el
Ishtahar
violetskies
Scratch
Razi'el
Ashtart
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashtart

Ashtart

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Types of Therians   Types of Therians EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 12:27 pm

Here's some of the types of Therians with whom I am familiar, not an exhaustive list at all:

Canine - Wolves, dogs, dingos, coyotes and the like. From what I read, canine therians tend to have phantom traits like fangs, tail, ears. Some of the ones I've known have loved to run and to hunt, and have a very "pack" mentality - get food, raise a family, protect them, done. Tend to love raw or very bloody meat. The ones I've known have also been very much "stronger" than a person would expect from looking at them.

Feline - Tigers, housecats, lions, panthers, lynxes, bobcats, jaguars, etc. Feline therians... you guys can be scary, lol. You have very menacing smiles, sort of like a cat does, who can yawn innocently and display all those very sharp, pointy teeth. Many traits in common with canine therians from what I've read, like phantom traits, fangs, claws, tail, ears, "fur" etc. Not sure if this is a trait common with most feline therians, but the ones that I've known tend to be very good with working magick, more than most people...

Fish - Every kind of fish in the sea, rivers, and lakes, including octopi, squids, eels, sharks and, well, not a fish but dolphins. I haven't met many fish therians so this may not be completely accurate... tend to have a strong affinity/need for water and moistness, tend to have phantom traits like fins and gills (or blowholes, or tentacles) and to remember sensations like the water slipping around fins.

Avian - Eagles, hawks, bluejays, robins, condors, pelicans, etc. I haven't met many avian therians so this may not be completely accurate... tend to remember flight, the wind in your wings and phantom traits like beaks, wings where the arms would be, and clawed feet. Tend to have memories and tendencies for roosting/nesting and visiting former "habitats" (like trees, deserts, mountains, etc).

I have not *met* any reptile, insect, amphibian, and mammal other than canine and feline (like pigs, cows and horses) therians. I hear you exist, you should speak up more though, just because you are in the minority doesn't mean you aren't needed and loved for who you are.

Please add on to this entry with your info and/or corrections.
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Therians   Types of Therians EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:13 pm

And here's intuitive knowledge that I received last year:

"I got the impression that a major sect of them [Therians] are kind of .... "Earth-made," like, half-human, half earth, and that gets expressed as an animalistic side, and shift. Kind of like American Indian Totems... I felt that in this capacity some of them are Earth guardians, or once were."

Your thoughts? Do you have a "raison d'etre"?

Ash
Back to top Go down
Razi'el
Razi'el

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Therians   Types of Therians EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:02 pm

i don't have much to offer, but a few of my friends are therians, and one of them can be quoted as saying that, in his understanding, therians come from "tribal souls" within the source, in which souls of a similar background, i.e., animal species, gather and interact and are reborn. sometimes, a few of them are reborn as humans. *shrugs* i can't honestly say for sure what's what, but that's what i got.

Raz
Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Therians   Types of Therians EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 7:09 am

I'm pretty sure a therian helped kick off my awakening. He was obsessed with tigers, and had a dangerous sort of smile, as well as being very cuddly, but abnormally strong. He asked me once if I would rather have wings or a tail... I said wings without having to think, and he promptly tried to convince me how much more "useful" a tail would be. I don't know how much truth there is to this, but he claimed to have hunted and killed field rabbits with his bare hands when he was a teenager.

Tendencies to roar, snarl, and make other animal noises might be worth adding to this list. I know a little girl that seems to have something going on, who I call "Critter," because she can't decide whether she's a cat or a dog. She has one of each as pets, and talks to and about them like they're the same species. Her ability to mimic both animals is uncanny, as well as extremely frequent, and she loves to leap from beds, steps, etc. and land on all fours.
Back to top Go down
violetskies

violetskies

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Therians   Types of Therians EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:37 pm

My 'brothers' are always telling me that I have a fierce face, and frightening/ intense eyes. They tell me that when I'm being stern, serious, or when I am angry that I am a little bit scary, but they also tell me that when I'm in a good or playful mood that I seem very cuddly and lovable =P
My wolf always comments on the way I yawn, 'baring' all of my teeth. He says that he doesn't even under stand how I can open my mouth in such a way that all of my teeth can be seen lol.

I've noticed that wolf therians can be rather sensitive. They like to pretend to be invincible, but once you get to know them and they open up a bit they're like warm marshmallows Very Happy
A betrayal of a wolf's trust is a very painful blow to them. They're so unwaveringly loyal that even small betrayals are much worse for a wolf than one would think.
Once you've gained a their trust, and/ or are accepted as a 'packmate' they do not only give you ironclad loyalty but are very protective of you. It's a strange and wonderful thing to see them acting like adorable, playful puppies one minute and then acting like fierce predators/ protectors the next.

When it comes to bears, in my experience, they are very happy-go-lucky, and laid back. They don't seem to stress out too much about many things and are quick to start or be involved in arguments or fights, but when they are angered or deeply dislike someone they can be frightening.

This was a fun post for me to read =P
Thanks, Ash
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Therians   Types of Therians EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:01 pm

My son is a bear. It's strange how bear 'things' surround him. People keep giving showing or bringing him bears in one form or another. We share our home with a bear too... an ancient cave bear. We own it's tooth.

My son is so much as you describe. He is cuddly too and looks like a bear... big and lumbering but gentle with his own and graceful in his own way.

My daughter on the other hand has a wolf and the difference is very remarkable. She is so very different and so entirely wolflike. She likes her pack and is very territorial
Back to top Go down
Ari'el
Ari'el

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Therians   Types of Therians EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 4:28 pm

Is it just me, or do the children of 'kin or spiritually inclined type people have a greater chance of being spiritually inclined, or 'kin themselves?
Back to top Go down
http://draconic-fire.deviantart.com
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Therians   Types of Therians EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 9:07 pm

I haven''t thought about it but it seems to make sense.

My son was conceived spiritually as well as physically (with different fathers) and he is therefore a vessel of more than one consciousness.
Back to top Go down
Ari'el
Ari'el

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Therians   Types of Therians EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 9:31 pm

That's really interesting Smile
Back to top Go down
http://draconic-fire.deviantart.com
Scratch

Scratch

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Therians   Types of Therians EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:03 pm

I think you have a good point there, Ari'el. At the very least, growing up in a spiritual household would make all of this seem less scary, or imaginary. If the parents are spiritually inclined, they'll teach their children through observation and example, even if they're not consciously instructing them.

It's still a question in my mind how much genetics have to do with family traits like obesity or mania, and how much of it is simply people rubbing off on each other. The same goes with 'kin traits, though I could see that being passed through blood as well. I read a book about vampires once, saying the only way to actually "make" a vampire is cell by cell, over the course of 9 months. I'm sure the same is true with therians, or angels, and it must all come from somewhere.

I've been reading a lot about soul contracts lately: the idea that we all choose our families and the course of our lives before we're born. It stands to reason that people who are meant to be something other than human will want to be born into an environment that is receptive to their traits, and will teach them how to understand and use their abilities. On that logic though, I set up one of those old-school martial arts movie scenarios for myself, where the master whips the crap out of the kid to make her stronger. Razz
Back to top Go down
violetskies

violetskies

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Therians   Types of Therians EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:45 am

My household isn't spiritual, and where I am a therian my siblings don't seem to be anything of the sort. There is more to my mother, her intuition is exceptional and sometimes she just knows things. I look like my father, but I suppose I take after my mom. She's always loved cats, more than any other animal and perhaps that's part of the reason that she and I are such good friends.
My father is very closed-minded.
I'm not too sure how we come to be in these lives, but I too have always believed that we choose them. I believe there is much to learn in every life.
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Therians   Types of Therians EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:58 pm

You're welcome Violet =) I love your information about bears, and the wolf description matched my experiences.

I do think that 'kin (whether they are aware or not) and spiritually-minded people may be more prone to psychic, 'kin, etc. kids. That was the case with me, finding out in my mid-twenties family "secrets" on my dad's side that more closely matched the emerging spiritual knowledge that I held about myself (including wings, and non-humans) than I had known
Back to top Go down
kaotez

kaotez

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Therians   Types of Therians EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:03 am

my fiance is a snake therian. kinda suits her, in my opinion. just the general feeling, i guess.
Back to top Go down
Veil

Veil

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Therians   Types of Therians EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Ashtart wrote:
Your thoughts? Do you have a "raison d'etre"?

Ash

I would definitely agree with this, but I come from a group that is made from fire or energy, with a large segment tied to the earth. Our alternate versions are human or dogs, panther-like creatures, scorpions, camels, goats, toads, beetles, lions, jackels, and snakes. There are oceanic djinn, but the desert ones are a lot more common, and I haven't seen anything mentioned about therian types related to water. It would make sense then that our otherkin would have therian among them.

In regard to spirituality and otherkin, I tend to think it's about openness. If you are spiritual (not necessarily religious), you tend to be more open to other possibilities, and it's therefore related to awakening. Flip side, if you awaken, then you wonder how it all got started, which can lead to a spirituality of its own or deity investigation.
Back to top Go down
http://thegrayveil.blogspot.com
Veil

Veil

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Therians   Types of Therians EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have a new friend that is mouse kin. I thought I might mention this board to him, but I'm seeing how things work out first.
Back to top Go down
http://thegrayveil.blogspot.com
Terra'el

Terra'el

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Therians   Types of Therians EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:35 pm

Though I do not identify with Therian kind I can understand what you mean about being part earth. I have ALWAYS felt a connection to the earth a magnetic pull if you will and with that mother earth kind of spirit. My Sidhe/Nephilim ancestors taught that we were decended from the Earth and the earth is our mother.
Its been our tradition that as reborn spirits our earthly mothers were more like a surrogate and our true parents were our spiritual father/god and our earth mother. As we came to be a part of this earth we were born of it just like the humans but without those traditional ties.
Being Kin we have a more natural attachment to those raw elements.
Back to top Go down
AutumnFallen

AutumnFallen

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Therians   Types of Therians EmptyFri May 09, 2014 8:16 am

I am also a Wolf Therian along with a Fallen Angel. I've known I was a wolf for a long time. My face is a bit wolf like, especially my eyes. Although the wrong color for a wolf, they are intense.

I snarl out replies when angry. So even though my reaction seems Human, since i am a wolf it is far more snippy. Also when I get happy there are similarities.

My shifts seem to be fairly tame compared to others even thought I do M-Shift for example. I hid who I was period for a very long time. So I imagine that is how they stay so mild.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Types of Therians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Therians   Types of Therians Empty

Back to top Go down

Types of Therians
Page 1 of 1