HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello there!

Go down 
+6
Ousa
Ishtahar
Scratch
Ashtart
Azaz'el
violetskies
10 posters
AuthorMessage
violetskies

violetskies

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:27 pm

Hello, I'm VioletSkies! Feel free to call me Violet or Vi Smile
I'm an Eastern Puma therian from Canada and am hoping to meet more therians/ otherkin/ etc!
I hope I get to know some of you better, make some friends, and learn a little bit of something new Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:20 pm

Greetings and welcome to the forum Violet,

please jump in and read through the threads and posts and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to shout out and ask......... me may not have an answer but I'm sure we'll have an opinion! All we ask is that members treat others with the respect and kindness they want in return.

There is a members section that is only visible to registered members, so feel free to post in there if there are any topics that you'd rather not have discussed in the 'open' forum.

Any problems just send a pm to any of the Moderators or Admin team and we'll do our best to help.

Jump in and enjoy, welcome!

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Ashtart

Ashtart

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 pm

Many welcomes Vi!

Ashtart
Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:22 am

Welcome! Violet happens to be my favorite color. I'd be interested to know more about elves too.
Back to top Go down
violetskies

violetskies

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:09 am

Thank you so much Smile
I'm very interested in learning about angel and dragon kin. Honestly, you all kind of fascinate me.
I'd also like to meet anyone who knows a lot about energy in general: working with it, feeling it, sharing it, etc.
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:39 am

Welcome hun. GLad to meet you.

I think you'll find that most of us know a fair bit about energy in different ways. Shadow are beings of energy after all and anyone who works with magic knows all about the manipulation of energy.

What can we help you with
Back to top Go down
violetskies

violetskies

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 1:10 am

I can feel/ sense energy alright, though I'd like to know if it's possible for me to become more adept at it?
Mostly, in general, I was hoping that I might be able to find a/ some teacher(s). I'd simply like to learn as much about energy as I can.
Also, as I said, I'm also very curious about otherkin. I know many therians, but I do not know very many otherkin. I'd like to learn more about any kin who are willing to talk to me and teach me about themselves Smile
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 10:32 am

What you may well find within the whole Otherkin community is just how important names can be. They are what can identify us as individuals and also connect us to a specific Kin type or group. Generally, and I think also for many here in this forum, therians would be considered to be Otherkin. So whilst you want to know about Otherkin, you already know some!

There is a section on the website that deals with the very general idea of Otherkin, but also by being here and talking to the different Kin we have as members you'll be able to understand their feelings, thoughts, behaviour and most importantly, their history.

As Shadow, I would be classed as most as Otherkin too and have written a lot about Shadow history and origins again on the website and in many posts here on the forum. So the important thing is not to be afraid to ask questions, the only silly or crazy question is the one that is never asked.

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:09 pm

As with anything else the best lessons are the ones you learn for yourself.

There is a fair bit on the forum about using energy and about kin of all kinds.

It's very difficult to respond to something like... teach me to work with energy, or tell me what energy is or other very general questions like that.

Read as much as you can and try to be more specific with your questions and there will always be someone who can give you pointers, tips and advice.

Unfortunately there are very very few lucky people who find a teacher and even then they are usually just pointed towards answers and left to find them for themselves.

I think you will find answers here, you just have to look for them
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Welcome home, violet I love you

Ouza
Back to top Go down
violetskies

violetskies

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:37 am

I know that therians are otherkin :p It's just that within the therian community we usually refer to any kin that are not therians as otherkin because it is easier for us to differentiate, and for the simple reason that many therians seem to classify themselves as a completely different group from otherkin.
I apologize for my request for energy help being so vague. I was in a little bit of a hurry when replying and only gave a basic idea of what it was I am looking for.
I do energy research on my own, of course, and have never relied solely on another person's knowledge or opinion to help my own grow, regardless of the matter of interest. Mostly my reason for asking for help is because I would like to hear many different opinions on the subject and learn many different ways that people read/ work with/ share/ and understand energy.
It's quite a nagging curiosity for me, as most things seem to become when I fix my attention on them. I guess that really must come with being a cat :p
I suppose I'll start with one question: How do you go about BLOCKING (keeping yourself from feeling) another person's energy.
Does that question need to be broken down to be more specific or is that okay? I'm sorry if it's confusing :S
Last but not least: Thank you so much, Ouza!! I'm very happy to be here Smile
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:58 am

I suppose anyone not like ourselves is OTHERkin LOL! I usually think of all as otherkin, therians and Shadow included! The only ones that I tend not to think of as otherkin are vamps... since to me they are more or less human in spirit, only with "special" circumstances :\

Vi, that's an interesting question, and for ease of yourself and other members accessing it in days to come you may want to repost it to the Magic, Spirituality and Occult section. There are a number of topics in that section on energy work and magic as well.

Ash
Back to top Go down
violetskies

violetskies

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:38 am

Thank you very much, Ashtart! XD
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:31 am

For me, being a strong empath keeping out other people's energy is something that I have to think about all the time.

The problem is that I have been shielding for so long it's difficult to explain how I do it, if that makes sense. It's all mostly subconscious now, although I have to concentrate if there is a crowd (which is why I usually avoid them unless I'm feeding) or a particularly strong energy around.

Knowing how to shield is, I think, essential for anyone who works with energy but I truly believe that the mechanics of shielding differ from person to person.

The problem with that kind of shield is that is has to let some things through so it can't be a complete shield or you turn into an emotionless zombie. I guess it's more of a filter than a shield.

I would suggest that you start with putting up a complete shield. The way that I do it is by imagining myself surrounded by a line of energy that's woven into a kind of... um.. kind of like wire wool or spun sugar... or the lazer lights in museums and stuff.

At first they are a solid mass enclosing you like cotton candy or cotton wool. Just spin it all around you until you're in a cocoon and everything is 'silent'. Then gradually unpick the threads until 'sound' starts coming through. You stop when the sound level is comfortable.

That's kind of the way that i do it but there are lots of others I'm sure.

This has kind of been refined over the years. It started out as a bubble but it's too hard to reduce the permation in a buble at least it is for me
Back to top Go down
Malphas

Malphas

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Welcome Vi, to the forum. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=816922368
Gabri'el

Gabri'el

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:55 pm

Hello Violet and welcome Smile

G
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:44 pm

"Affirm to yourself that I will be calmly active, actively calm. And that you are and always will be a prince/princess of peace, sitting on the throne of poise, directing the kingdom of own activity to and for the overall betterment of mankind!"

It is so sad and in fact often very rare for us now a days to find any suitable teacher/teachers who haven't already placed a price-tag on his or herself just in order to survive and teach truths at the same time.

I often am reminded to think of the past of the Centaur's and their relationship with their students http://watch.pair.com/centaurus.html

Ouza
Back to top Go down
Ari'el
Ari'el

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Hello and welcome, Violet!

Ari'el/Astraia
Back to top Go down
http://draconic-fire.deviantart.com
Razi'el
Razi'el

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:05 am

i like Ish's depiction of making a shield, though if i may put my two cents in, i tend to do it differently, heheheh~

the way i make mine if out of lots of small, easy to make plates, hexagonal shapes seem to work best for me, as they fit right together. i make the edges sharp, so anything trying to force its way through the break between the plates is treated to a small reminder that such actions are a bad idea Twisted Evil

welcome, and feel free to ask anything that may come to mind!

Raz
Back to top Go down
Ari'el
Ari'el

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:57 am

It's so cool to see other people's shield techniques! Gives me ideas XD
My shield is a sphere of light. Even so, I can still make the outside hard and spiky with energy to ward off intruders. And I think it can also throw off burst of energy to attack and kick out unwanted things. I tell my shield that it can only let in friendly entities and energies with good will towards me. I guess I kind of program it with my intention and then let it do it's thing.
Back to top Go down
http://draconic-fire.deviantart.com
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:30 am

Yes, I think that's exactly it. Programming it with intention and letting it run.

I once knew someone whose shield was loads of tiny bubbles. Everyone is different.
Back to top Go down
violetskies

violetskies

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 4:15 am

Thanks everyone tongue
It's cool to hear how everyone makes shields, it gives me a nice place to start to figure out how to best fashion my own Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there!   Hello there! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello there!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to New Members :: Introduction-
Jump to: