HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

4 am wake up call

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

4 am wake up call Empty
PostSubject: 4 am wake up call   4 am wake up call EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:02 pm

I know this is going to sound pretty odd, but is anyone else suffering anything strange at 4am?

The reason I asl is that one of my cats is waking me up every night now and has done for a few weeks, at exactly 4am every morning. Even when we have changed out time from GMT to BST, he still wakes me at 4am on the dot. I could set my clock by it. So, unless he has learnt to tell the time, it seems to be a little odd. It doesn't matter what time I go to bed either, so its not as if he is just basing it on a few hours after I go.

I know, bit of an oddball post!

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Myth

Myth

4 am wake up call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 am wake up call   4 am wake up call EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:54 am

For months it's been between 3 and 4 am for me, typically 3:30. No matter when I go to bed (between 10:30 and 12:30 usually), at about this time of night I end up waking up, tossing and turning, trying to go back to sleep but unable.

Sometimes I may drift off about 5 or so for another hour until it's time to get up for my paying job and get the kids off to school, but I've actually had more energy than normal since starting this pattern (mid-January, I think), which is weird. It's not like I'm dragging or anything the next day operating on 5-6 hours or less every night. I may tend to go to bed earlier sometimes... only to be woken up again about the same time. Admittedly, it's been my most productive writing time, even when I'm not writing.

Since the time changed (and since my husband returned from deployment in March due to non-combat related injury) I have been able to sleep a little longer. It's closer to 5 or 5 thirty now, usually, and there are even times when I don't wake up... maybe because I'm nearing the end of this first book in my series? I don't know. But most days there's no need to set an alarm clock. Prior to this, I required at least 8-10 hours on average to not feel drained, and the snooze button on my alarm clock was my best friend. Now we barely talk. It'll be interesting to see when I start the next installment (book 2 in the series) if I will continue this pattern. I actually hope it does. I've written approximately 140,000 words, 500 solid pages of double spaced text, in four months.

But I don't know... maybe my nightly visitor is now visiting your cat, Az, and letting me get some extra sleep? Smile

Myth
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

4 am wake up call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 am wake up call   4 am wake up call EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:03 pm

Maybe it is now visiting my cat ....... but unlike you I don't tend to do anything (well, other than the timely visit to the loo ) so as much as I may lie there staring at the ceiling with a contented cat nuzzling at my ear and thinking I need to get more of my writing done ........ it never happens.

Maybe I should get up more and try to put the time to some good use. I do have a lot of writing I need to catch up on.

Suspect

Az
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

4 am wake up call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 am wake up call   4 am wake up call EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:34 pm

You know... this is just really strange. For about a week, maybe more, I have been looking at my clock at around 4am every morning. Sometimes it is 5/10 minutes before or that same after but always around that time. I have a small alarm clock at the side of my bed with a light on it. Whenever I wake in the night I check the time and recently it has always been that time.

How odd.
Back to top Go down
Myth

Myth

4 am wake up call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 am wake up call   4 am wake up call EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 1:06 am

I've heard that the hours around 3-4 are the most active for spiritual activity. That's why I believe I keep getting woken up about this time.

Maybe it's a coincidence... but I've been thinking this for months now. Something is driving me to write/finish this book, whether it's simply for my own spiritual development or for some other reason, I don't know. But I've never been this way before. I've never been so focused. Obsessed, yes. I do tend to get a little obsessive at times. But this is different. It's like a voice in my head keeps telling me that time is running out. I've got to finish this, and soon. It has to be now. Maybe this is just the right time for me, or maybe it's something more. *shrugs* It just seems important. And I know it's developed and changed since I found this website and forum. Your influence is definitely in there now. Smile

Of course, if it ends up paying for my daughter's college education in a few years, then maybe it will have served it's purpose. Razz

Myth
Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

4 am wake up call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 am wake up call   4 am wake up call EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 7:42 pm

I haven't been getting any strange wake-ups (well, not regular ones, anyway), but do definitely relate to your feeling, Myth, that time is running out. I'm still looking for my project that way, but that voice is always there, telling me to practice. I privately think of 3am as the "witching hour," even though I understand that term generally applies to midnight or something.

My issue with sleep for the past few months has been simply not being able to. It's not insomnia, but being like a little kid who doesn't wanna go to bed yet. My energy has actually increased, and I make up for it some on weekends, but even after cutting out caffeine completely, I can't get to sleep within 8 hours of having to wake up. It leaves me sleepy about midpoint in my shift, but I'm always a ball of energy again when the sun goes down.
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

4 am wake up call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 am wake up call   4 am wake up call EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:31 pm

I've always had a body clock that seems faulty..... there are times during the day when I know I could have such perfect sleep but life (and work) doesn't allow. Yet, when it comes to late at night and time for me to sleep I have always been more wide awake than I had been at any point during the day.

The problem I also have right now is feeling soooooo tired when I go to bed. I am so drained and weary, yet still can't sleep well... and then get Baal waking me at 4am!!

Hmm

Az
Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

4 am wake up call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 am wake up call   4 am wake up call EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:39 pm

Your cat's name is Baal? That's hilarious, though I can't say I'm surprised. Sounds rough, though.

I find I've been having to shield myself a lot. I feel more vulnerable, although that seems to be simply a result of becoming more aware. Envisioning myself surrounded in an egg of white light, which only good influences can permeate, has done wonders for me. You probably already know that one, but just in case, you know. Wink
Back to top Go down
Myth

Myth

4 am wake up call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 am wake up call   4 am wake up call EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:33 pm

I used to get my best sleep mid-afternoon, which always seemed to drive my husband insane for some reason. He'd call home (from work) and I'd be asleep. It never mattered how much I got at night, I'd always wake up feeling tired. Then mid-afternoon... bliss. The afternoon siesta probably perpetuated it. Like I said, operating on the 5-6 hours I've been getting is new for me. But a lot of people I know are having this same issue. It makes me wonder what's up. Today (on a Sunday) it was 5:30 am again. Yesterday it was 7:30, but I didn't go to sleep until 2:00 am.

If it were me, I'd make sure the cat was on the other side of the door at nighttime. But he'd probably make a nuisance of himself either way I bet. We had a cat once who used to pounce on us at night. Try waking up to that!

I like the egg of white light exercise, Scratch. I think I'll try that.

As far as shields go, I wear a bioelectric shield, which has really been beneficial to me in blocking out negative energy and overall psychic balance. Since wearing it, I've stopped taking my maintenance dose of Zoloft (which I've been on for more than 10 years - mild Dysthymia) and have seen an improvement in my mood and health, rather than a decline. I was first drawn to it because of where I live. Something about this area (in Germany) was really making me feel uncomfortable, psychically speaking, especially when we'd go out and about. I found out later that there was a camp just down the road from here. I don't know if it is connected, but since moving here (the August prior to getting the first shield) I had been feeling jittery, sad, and just plain haunted wherever we'd go. People have always made me tired to be around and tend to zap my energy, some more than others. And so I ordered it as an experiment.

It could totally be a placebo effect. But even if it is, it really works for me. I got my first one in June, and since then have seen so many positive effects on my overall awareness, energy level, health, and spiritual/personal growth that I upgraded to a stronger shield in December as a Christmas present to myself. Just after that was when I started writing with total focus. I definitely feel it's connected. (I'm not a sales rep, I swear! Just a satisfied customer.) I believe the company is reputable and not out to scam anyone. At least that's my opinion of them based on emails we've exchanged, and the product is performing as advertised. Here's the link in case anyone is interested:

www.bioelectricshield.com

I've been really happy with the results and plan to upgrade again eventually, but they are quite expensive. However, they do trade-ins for almost the full value of the piece, which makes it a little more affordable. Still, the gold shield is what I want, and it's way too much for me right now. I have to save up for it, which isn't a bad thing since I've been told it's better to start out slow and build up to the stronger shields gradually.

Btw, I have the gold tab heart shield now... It looks like any regular piece of jewelry, so nobody is the wiser. Wink

Myth
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

4 am wake up call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 am wake up call   4 am wake up call EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 10:56 pm

I could lock the cat outside the room, but I know I'd have no door frame or carpet left by the morning. And he has slept at the bottom of my bed for the past 9 years, so I would miss him.

Yes, his name is Baal. Not really surpring is it!!

lol!

Az
Back to top Go down
Myth

Myth

4 am wake up call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 am wake up call   4 am wake up call EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:44 am

You have a cat, I have a kid. Not really much difference is there? Razz

Myth
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

4 am wake up call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 am wake up call   4 am wake up call EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:38 pm

I have 4 cats........

.....but they are probably still easier to care for than kids!!

Az
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4 am wake up call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 am wake up call   4 am wake up call Empty

Back to top Go down

4 am wake up call
Page 1 of 1