HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Fishing (repost)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ashtart

PostSubject: Fishing (repost)   Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:38 pm

In the lands of Eden, off from the huge sandstoneish castle-fortress-baseofoperations, "I remember the sea... I remember the reed boats that the fishermen would take out and how they would cast their nets from sunup to sundown, very persistent whether or not they caught anything. I remember how the sun shined and rippled on the water, and the lotus flowers and marsh reeds growing at the shore's edge (maybe it was a river, but I want to call it the sea). And flamingos standing in the water, eating things under the surface and standing up on their legs then bending down again, all day long. I remember a Shadow" - Baraquiel - "who enjoyed the sea as much as I did - a large, happy fellow, with a barrel laugh, and sort of shaped like a bear. o_o He was huge, and very nice. I want to say that he wore gold cuffs on both of his arms. He would "break taboo" a lot, since no one was really around but me and a bunch of humans - helping them pull in their catches, get onto and off of boats, sharing laughs and food together, then waving goodbye and heading back to the fortress-thing for the evening, when everyone would try to stop working to head home. I don't remember joining in, but I would watch him, and I would watch them, and I would wonder why everywhere wasn't like that. It seemed much better to me to be like that, laughing and eating together and sharing work... and it didn't seem like there were any natural barriers to prevent people from working with each other. "

Ash
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishtahar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fishing (repost)   Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:32 pm

The council were always happy with humans, or anyone, working alongside Shadow because they felt that was all anyone who wasn't Shadow was good for.

I don't remember the sea. I guess it was on the other side of the mountain. The only water I remember is the lake in the valley. I was never a sea person, even at home so I guess I wouldn't have wanted to go there as my only experience of the sea... the voyage across it, was bad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ousa

PostSubject: Re: Fishing (repost)   Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:14 pm

I did not travel much however, I spent most of my thinking time at the lake under the our tree and was usually solitary and pensive until wishglow came into my life!

Ouza
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashtart

PostSubject: Re: Fishing (repost)   Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:37 am

I think that this was on the banks of the Tigris, maybe where the Tigris opened up onto the sea, which is why I call it "the sea" when it was "the river"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razi'el

PostSubject: Re: Fishing (repost)   Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:49 pm

heheheh, i like the sound of his Baraquiel guy!! i get the sense of almost a father figure from him, but not much else... i don't think i have many memories f him just yet....

as far as the sea goes... i think i do remember that much... it kind of brings to mind how the nile was portrayed by the ancient egyptians, but obviously different.

i like where this is headed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fishing (repost)   

Back to top Go down

Fishing (repost)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1