HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Greet and met

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tirenan Lupercal

PostSubject: Greet and met   Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Hey all the name is Tirenan Lupercal but you can call me Peter if you fancy the shorter version. I am a wolf therian (or atleast the closest reference to myself I can find). Violet told me about this site and how greta it was so I figured I should check it out as well and see if I can geta few questions of my own answered.
Such as what exactly is an angle-kin, whats there or our connection to each other, why are they/we here and so on. Well I can probably scope out some basic information of the site but a little first hand explanationw ould be most welcome. If you have any questions about me feel free to ask I am always up for a chat.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azaz'el
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:39 pm

Greetings and welcome to the forum Tirenan Lupercal,

I hope you enjoy your time here with us. As you will see, the forum is split into many and various sections, as we try to cover as many topics and areas of explanation and exploration as possible. As far as the rules are concerned, as you'll see we have very few, all we ask is that you respect the views of other members even if you don't share those views.

Have a look around, don't be afraid to jump in and ask questions. To try and give a simple answer to the question you asked......... what is angel-kin.

Well, as you'll have realised by now, we tend to use the original old word for us transcribed into English, which is Shadow, rather than Angel. This is because Angel tends to give people a totally wrong view of what we are and who we are. Shadow tends to reflect more of what we were and need to be.

The Shadow were one of the first Races to have come into existence and were primarily the Guides Guardians and Teachers in the Universe. It was very much a broad brush approach, covering vast areas and many different species. But ultimately we were given the task of interpreting the messages and voice of the Source so that all could understand the purpose of the Universe and their place within it.

As you can tell, in recent times we haven't done a very good job of that, but those still present in the Universe have had their link to the Source cut, and we are ultimately acting alone right now.

That's such a potted explanation that it's almost not worth posting, but it's a starting point for you!!

Welcome,

Az

View user profile http://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Tirenan Lupercal

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:47 pm

So bassicly your saying that the angel-kin or rather modern day shadows (correct me if I am wrong but it seems to me one would only pick such a name when he is yearning for something lost) are the first primary beings after the larger entites such as creators, gods, deitiys and similare. What I don't get in that case is what the source is suppose to represent. I mean as a therian my primary or my central deitiy would be the earth mother, Terra, Gaia, Earth..... I am guessing in your own words she is not the source, but the source itself would be an epicenter of the life giving energy or similare. It is difficult to see because this is a question of belife which can always be interpeted in so many ways.

So to put it all togheter my two questions:
What is the source?
and what are angel kin here for ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azaz'el
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:24 am

I'm unsure how you go from the name Shadow to assuming that we are yearning for something lost? The name Shadow is from the longer explanation of us as Beings who are in the Shadow side of 'God', the ones who stand between the Creator and Creation. As a Race collectively we have not lost anything, other than specifics to certain groups or individuals. Traditionally we are the first Race after Gods etc.

The Source is generally accepted as being what some would consider God, but usually the word God can be very limiting and as with the name Angel, it can have so many connotations and correspondences linked to it, it's easier to be less religion orientated and say the Source. So, the Source is the Creator, the beginning of everything, that which we all and everything comes from and ultimately returns to. Much about the Source, Shadow and Otherkin is about belief and personal understanding, which is why each member of this forum will have their own experience and understanding of, but we all link here because of shared or similar understanding and memories.

As for what Shadow are here for, well, I answered that in my last post. We are here as Guides, Guardians and Teachers. We are here to interpret the Source. Or at least that's what we were here for before the Fall. Right now we're all here to go through our awakening now that the Gateways are opening, to reunite with our Brothers and to return to what once was only now remade.

Az

Scratch

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:06 am

I think, Az, the connection is somehow rebuilding. There seems to be a lot more guidance happening now, and people seem a lot more receptive to it in general.

Welcome, Tirenan. I hope you don't mind if I shorten it like that. Wink Glad you decided to join us. It's nice having more animal types here. One thing I've found interesting since my awakening started, is how much cross-pollination seems to have occurred. I know I start growling when my emotions are heightened, and can be very catlike when instinct takes over. It's nice to know that while the majority of the people here are angelic, this forum can be useful for others as well. I'm sure our kinds worked together in the past, and can help each other out now as well.

If you have something you'd like to say that doesn't exactly fit into one of our topics, or you're unsure which it would be most appropriate in, just use your best judgement and don't sweat it. The important thing here is sharing, getting our questions and thoughts out in a safe place where others can maybe help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tirenan Lupercal

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:44 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome.
So i understand the source and the shadow and what they stand for now. I am guessing that the fall was the collapse of some original era in which kin (angel-kin or otherwise) was cast to it's current place and conncetions were lost and such. It's actually I would say a common theme in most people relating to the spiritual that what once was has collapsed and is slowly re-establishing itself in our modern times.
Regardless if it is true or not I would say that the number of people open to this and the number of kin is suerly increasing. One has to but turn the clock back 5 years or more to see how the community has grown. In respect to this it is also honest to say that keeping track of a community as de-centrelised (inumerable groups of diffrent sizes and belifes) as ours is a bit hard and none of the figures will ever be exact.

I have a further question that has caught my attention, an observation if you will, but the symvol on the top left of the sight whit the peacock, what do certain smbolsy in it represent and what does it stand for overall? (I am always interested in symbolism)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ari'el

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:06 pm

Welcome to the forum, Tirenan!
You have good questions, I'm enjoying reading this conversation. It seems most of your original questions have been answered already, and I'm really not the best at explaining the peacock, so I'll leave that to someone else.
I agree with your point that the spiritual seems to be rebuilding itself. I agree and I think (hope) that this change will continue and may even become exponential in its rate of growth. So I'm really curious how other groups of 'kin feel about this, and if they, too, feel that something is coming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://draconic-fire.deviantart.com
Tirenan Lupercal

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:44 pm

well personally I feel on edge, excited, like before a brawl or a fight (which is weird for me considering I am mostly non-agresive). It's like a build up for things to happen, there is an instinct I guess to feel some sense of danger out of it, but it kinda gets my adreniline pumping. It's a sense of being alive more than usual I guess. Well thats me personally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scratch

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:36 pm

Sounds like a good description of how I've been feeling as well, Tirenan. It's like everything keeps accelerating, and I'm not seeing any chances to stop and take a breather anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ousa

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:33 pm

Welcome home.....

Ouza
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishtahar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:02 pm

I'm sorry, i don't seem to have welcomed you... pretty typical of me... last to the post.

My welcome is warm nevertheless
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tirenan Lupercal

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:27 pm

hey no worries, hi and thanky out o all, now can somebody explain the peacock for me, I really wanna know now lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishtahar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:27 pm

That's Az's baby. It's the symbol of Malek Taus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scratch

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:19 am

You mean Az drew it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razi'el

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:43 am

don't worry, Ish, you're not the LAST one to post! heheheh~

welcome to the Forum, Tirenan! i'm enjoying reading a lot of your questions here, though i may take a while to get around to replying to posts in general, terminal case of the lazies, you see. Very Happy

as to your question about what exactly the source is, i believe i might be able to clarify (whether or not further clarification is needed, in which case, i apologize for seeming like a know-it-all). my interpretation is that the Source is a deific sort of entity, the manifestation of the collective of all souls at every point in time and space (at least in this universe, or so i estimate). though a friend of mine has expanded upon this, proposing the idea of "tribal souls" within this collective, where similar souls gather, such as tigers, wolves, birds, snakes, or in the case of humans, they may diverge based on the philosophical standpoint of the individual.

tl;dr = it's just like Gaia, only under a different name.

and yes, the drawing is made by our own Az here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishtahar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:17 am

Az didn't draw it; he put it together but he's the one with all the knowledge about Malek Taus. It confuses me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azaz'el
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:00 pm

Yeah, I'm afraid I didn't draw it although I do have a new version half finished that is painted by me and has symbols that have more meaning to us all now that we understand each other a lot more.

The peacock... and therefore the symbol of this forum....... is of Melek Taus, the Peacock Angel. He is the closest thing the Shadow have to a Godform, after the Source. Melek Taus is a manifestation of all the Shadow ever have been, were and hope to be. He's our heritage and our evolution, our hopes and fears, our birth and our death. He is the epitome of all we are and offers to guide us towards evolution and understanding. He is also the agent of chaos and the ruin of us all by showing us the way to our emotions.

Az

Scratch

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:03 am

Ooh, goody! Can't wait to see it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabri'el

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:21 am

Hello Tirenan and welcome Smile Your name is quite interesting - if you don't mind me asking how did you come up with this name?? Is it directly related to your Therian side?? Had the oddest dream of a Therian type a few months ago - he was quite tall, agile like a cat and had white/blond hair and blue eyes and he was showing me how to harness energy from the earth - how to allow the energy to flow through me effortlessly.

Once again welcome and hope you are able to find the answers you are looking for Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
violetskies

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:20 pm

My apologies for the late 'welcome', dear brother.
I'm happy that you did join, it's funny to see your endless stream of questions all of the time. I'm the cat, aren't I supposed to be the most curious of us?? You definitely give me a run for my money =P
I'm glad that you're here though! I'm sure you'll enjoy it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ousa

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:38 pm

Wasn't it Alice who was the one who was always quoted as to saying "Curiouser and curiouser!" or "Most curious!" while she was investigating her fabulous adventures through Wonderland?

Like a Star @ heaven Ouza Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashtart

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Welcome belated Smile

Ash
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greet and met   

Back to top Go down