HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Sidhe and Shadow

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Myth

Myth

The Sidhe and Shadow Empty
PostSubject: The Sidhe and Shadow   The Sidhe and Shadow EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:42 am

Can anyone tell me how the Sidhe and Shadow are connected? I'm doing some reading on the Sidhe and they are a fascinating race, if the account I am reading is even half true. They seem to be very old and have long lives, very connected to the earth. Do they have much interaction with the Shadow? How has this relationship worked throughout the ages? Any insight on the Sidhe and their relationship to the Shadow would be appreciated as I'm trying to wrap my mind around who this race is and how they fit in with the Malakhim/Shadow.

Myth
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

PostSubject: Re: The Sidhe and Shadow   The Sidhe and Shadow EmptyTue May 04, 2010 3:21 am

Both races are very old. The Sidhe came from the stars, originally. You're right in thinking that there is an intimate connection with the earth. If there were other Sidhe around, maybe they could refute or confirm the feelings I've had, or give you more info.

A
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: The Sidhe and Shadow   The Sidhe and Shadow EmptyWed May 05, 2010 12:22 pm

My understanding of the Sidhe is different from yours. For me the Sidhe were made of the earth, of its energy. They were its protectors and shapers.

The Shadow came from the stars and for a long time there was conflict between those who came and those who were already here.

The war brought them together and the Sidhe either fought at the side of the Shadow or at least protected the gates here on earth.

gradually the relationship improved and there was communication and even intermingling.

Astaria was part of this and the reason she travelled to Eden was partly as a representative of the Sidhe. She was human of course but I have a feeling that she had Sidhe ancestry.

since then Sidhe and Shadow history have touched many times and often moved side by side.

(Oh and by the way Astaria is me... it was so long ago and such a different life that she seems like a different person now. Astaria played in the cornfields of her home, completely happy and knowing she was loved. She waited for her 'big brother' to visit and tell her all about his land far across the seas, which might as well have been on a another planet as far as she was concerned. She was the one who took his hand and followed him across that sea without hesitation when he asked it of her. Ishtahar was the one who wandred in the dust, never fitting in, never wholly accepted, never loved or happy until the day she met the stranger under the tree. I suppose that was the moment Astaria died and ishtahar was truly born )
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

PostSubject: Re: The Sidhe and Shadow   The Sidhe and Shadow EmptyFri May 07, 2010 5:00 pm

Ishtahar wrote:
for a long time there was conflict between those who came and those who were already here.

The war brought them together and the Sidhe either fought at the side of the Shadow or at least protected the gates here on earth.

gradually the relationship improved

I have memories of this, that I deleted from my original reply ;;; because I wanted to stew on them, give them time to flesh out. They have fleshed out, so here they are: In the memory I saw of myself and Medi'el I saw that there was more that I could see from after - that I saw just a day or two before I replied to this post. I saw that I was grieving him and two or three more Shadow came from behind me (perhaps they were there all along) and one grabbed me up and threatened to kill me for him. But then another one put his hand on his shoulder and reminded him that the Shadow were not permitted to harm the Sidhe.

That gave me all sort of other feelings, of something like a covenant between the two; of a long before then fierce fighting and eventual treaty because they had been forced to help each other. I felt that any breach would be considered an outright declaration of war again on the other, something the Shadow feared deeply for some reason, but that the Sidhe were sort of... blase-faire about. (perhaps we have more of a chaotic nature)
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

PostSubject: Re: The Sidhe and Shadow   The Sidhe and Shadow EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:24 pm

Follow those memories and see how far they take you ..... there is a link between the Sidhe and Shadow!

Wink

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Myth

Myth

PostSubject: Re: The Sidhe and Shadow   The Sidhe and Shadow EmptySat May 08, 2010 12:12 am

I hate it when you get all cryptic like that, Az. That is so totally not nice to throw something out there like that and then calmly walk away. Very Happy

Myth
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

PostSubject: Re: The Sidhe and Shadow   The Sidhe and Shadow EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Perhaps it's because I know it will get your goat!!!

Twisted Evil

I also tend to hold back a little to see what people find or tune in to so that I don't flavour their way of thinking. It's one way to see how much links in to what I feel or think or have experienced.

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Myth

Myth

PostSubject: Re: The Sidhe and Shadow   The Sidhe and Shadow EmptyMon May 10, 2010 5:04 am

No worries. It's very "Socratic" of you, Az. Wink

Since coming here I have learned that the best answers are those you find yourself, and not everything needs (or even should) be handed to you on a silver platter. That's just our modern day "gotta have it now" mentality talking. Letting the answers come to you (however they come) is so much more meaningful, but much, much harder! I totally understand your reasoning for not saying too much until people have time to work towards it on their own, but it doesn't mean it's not frustrating! Very Happy

Myth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sidhe and Shadow   The Sidhe and Shadow Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sidhe and Shadow
Page 1 of 1