HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rules

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sagehawk

sagehawk

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Rules   Rules EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 7:25 am

Does anyone else have a distinct dislike of rules? Especially pointless ones that the creator can not defend and give good reason for? Like I hve never understood the whole no swearing thing. Or I am part of this other forum, where if you rant about your ex its 'slander' ... Rolling Eyes

Or howabout those victimless crimes? Its a bit stupid that I am techniquly a repete criminal... as i j-walk everyday. Laughing

Joking aside though, I am still curious if this is common thing.
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:13 pm

I know you're not alone in having problems with pointless rules......... they usually serve no purpose or function other than to inflame the ego of those put in pace to enforce them.

As you will have seen by now, we onlt have a few basic rules on this forum. Swearing can and does happen here, but generally it is kept to a minimum, for two reasons. the first is that this forum has no age limit as we feel it is here for awakening Kin of all ages......... and as such, to prevent complaints or being shut down, swearing happens little and often. The second reason is that we tend to have more respect for each other and don't swear.......... but, there are times when life gets us sooooo angry and we just let rip and say what we feel.

But, as you may have guessed, there is a filter that blocks some words... the first reason stated above!

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:21 pm

I hate rules and restrictions, I mean HATE them.

if I want to say c*nt I want to be able to say c*nt and if I want to slag off my ex I damn well will, slander or not.

Unfortunately, as owner of an open forum, like Az says, we have to stick to some rules in order to be able to achieve our overriding goals. I'm with you on this one, though.
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:47 am

I agree that rules can be fantastic.

I think sometimes (as a people) that we tend to have too many. Like we fear what will happen if we stop regulating every single little thing that people do, watching them every second.

I think rules can be great when they carve a little order out of chaos, or set the grounds for some fantastic things to occur, like the very straightforward rules here in the forum set a good grounds for everyone to be safe and supported. But I think rules go overboard when they inch into every aspect of our breathing lives. Yeah, I like jaywalking too :p

I think that we're a little addicted to rules... and that they can be stifling, as a people. I recently traveled to some places in Asia and Africa... it's amazing how people do *not* kill each other when traffic rules are extremely lax (all of south and southeast Asia). A lot runs on intuition when drivers and pedestrians interact, and being extremely aware of your surroundings. I was just as safe surround by cars, if not safer, crossing the street in India as I am in the US crossing a crosswalk.
Back to top Go down
sagehawk

sagehawk

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:33 pm

I also think that humans have the tenancy to think that if its illegal no one is doing it and if it suddenly becomes legal everyone will suddenly start doing it. As if peoples actions directly correlate to laws.

Traffic laws are a great example! They found when there were no traffic laws people didnt go insane, because no one is going to do anything they arent comfortable doing. I think this is the same with almost any set of laws or rules. I mean, how many people would really go on a murder spree if it was suddenly legal? I know there are a few people I've wanted to kill, but I dont think that I would decide it was a good idea if it wasnt illegal. I know its wrong regardless. I guess rules and laws kinda of make me feel as if I am expected to be stupid and nothing else.

Btw who hates stop lights!? lol! I feel like an idiot waiting when there is nothing coming.... I always sit there and think... I am being told what to do by some damn machine... this is lame!

I feel that some laws are preventing natural selection from taking its course... sounds horrible but there you have it. Cool
Back to top Go down
Kur

Kur

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Some rules are necessary to keep the humans in line. In my wanderings around the land, I've met a lot of anarchists, but I just can't share their idealism concerning their species. However, I do appreciate their direct action tactics. Sometimes you have to light a fire under people's asses to effect change in any meaningful way.

Yet I must admit, I break the rules quite a bit. It's impossible to be a homeless vagabond in America, a country that criminalizes the poor, without running afoul of the law. Being a mage with a host of spirit allies helps in this case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Rules
Page 1 of 1