HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Metatron's Role in the Fall

Go down 
+4
Razi'el
Ishtahar
Azaz'el
Myth
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Myth

Myth

Metatron's Role in the Fall Empty
PostSubject: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:55 pm

I've been wondering about the being known as the Metatron. If Metatron is the scribe Enoch, then he was ascended by the Shadow Council and became more than human - changed by the Source. The Jewish tradition, if I remember correctly, has him second only to God and in a higher position than the Malakhim. And from what I have gathered, Enoch wasn't the only one ascended, correct? Sandalphon is considered by some sources to be his brother. Does that mean he's another ascended human? Approximately how many humans were exposed to the Source and ascended before Shem ascended Ishtahar and changed it? How did the change affect the ascended humans?

Someone said on the forum in another thread (in discussion of Micha'el and Gabri'el I think) that he is a very powerful being, and that people should be very wary of him. Why? What do others know/remember of him? What was his true role in the Fall, and what is his role today?

Myth
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 pm

I the end there were a few who were ascended before Ish ...... some kept their intrinsic humanity, some lost theirs, some didn't really have any in the first place. Metatron was a weak man, and became a weak ascended being. He never listened, content to be a puppet and let his masters pull his strings.

Sandalphon, on the other hand, was a man with a proud nature and a wise intellect. I liked him, he made me laugh and I would greatly like to chat to him again.

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:43 pm

Don't even talk to me about him. It was because he was ascended that Sem forced ascention on me. He was angry about the fact that Metatron was elevated without discussion or consideration and was immediately made part of the council whereas Sem... and other's pleas for their loved ones and other humans to be ascended were met with complete censure or silence. So Sem, alway the rebel, always so hot headed and impulsive decided to take things into his own hands, never thinking of the consequences as usual.

he practically dragged me to the temple, although he didn't technically force me. I was afraid .. for myself and for him but I would then... and stil would now... do anything for him... anything. He was angry but it was a righteous anger and I forgave him for it immediately.

Personally I dont think Metatron was worthy of ascention and certainly not of his position on the Sanhedrin but hey... I'm biased.
Back to top Go down
Myth

Myth

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 11:05 pm

Any ideas where the name Metatron came from? It's so different from other names... so science fiction-y. When I told my husband about him he thought I had made it up! I had to assure him it was a real name and a real being.

Which still makes me wonder... what is he now? Is his position as high as some claim? Is he now giving the orders, or still taking them?

Good to know that my instincts about Sandalphon were validated. I just had a feeling that he was another ascended human. Smile

Myth
Back to top Go down
Razi'el
Razi'el

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:35 am

unfortunately i don't really recall much of either Metatron or Sandalphon except vague feelings of respect for the latter. the only similar name i can ever remember hearing (and i'm not even sure if it's real, btw) is someone called Iscarion, along with a vague feeling of regret, like i had to do something i didn't like because of this supposed being.

other than that, i'm afraid i really can't help, sorry ^^;
Raz
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:34 pm

generally the suffix 'on seems to denote somone who was an advisor or academic rather than a soldier.

Meta in Greek means...kind of... together or with or existing alongside. Therefore my best guess about the word Metatron would be... advisor who works alongside us. Wise one who is together with us.
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:37 pm

Just to jump back into this topic for a moment......... has anyone come directly in contact with Metatronic healing?

I ask as a friend of mine is going to train in this type of energy work and it surprises the hell out of me. I had no idea anyone was trying to channel his energy. Or maybe they have just chosen that name and it has no link tohim at all.

Az

Back to top Go down
Ari'el
Ari'el

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 1:02 am

It seems that they are actually channeling things from Metatron. I did a quick search and found this site: http://www.korani.net/index.php/metatronics.html

I've been doing some research on angels lately, and of course the name Metatron comes up. Each time I see it I feel slightly angry, and like he didn't deserve the titles and positions he got, and that maybe there was someone else more deserving. Not sure if this is from some deep memory or just from reading this topic beforehand..

But if he's really been channeling this healing stuff (and if it works)... then maybe he's started filling the shoes he was placed into. Maybe?
Back to top Go down
http://draconic-fire.deviantart.com
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Well, if he is beginning to fill those shos, all I can say is that it's abotu time!

I can understand why some may feel some anger towards him...... he just didn't stahd on his own two feet or seem able to speak for himself! But time changes us all and maybe he is now able to speak freely, or at least use his own words!

Az
Back to top Go down
Ari'el
Ari'el

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:20 pm

Lol. Let's hope so.
Back to top Go down
http://draconic-fire.deviantart.com
Zariel

Zariel

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:28 pm

Question: who are we to say this and that of a being that is ascended?
if a being ascends its because he did good enough to get there which is a feat in itself. If it was easy some of us would ascended 5 times over, I read about enoch he wrote a book that was very important and got his information from the source, how many can say they have written a book given to them from the source? I am not of the fallen i was ritually stuck in a body ,but metatron is wise and worthy of his position, no where in the is it our place to say what the divines will should be, because were not him nor could we ever be him. sorry if i seem rude i am meaning this to try and understand why.
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:59 pm

I can only give you my memories.

Enoch's writings did not come from the Source, it couldn't. He had no access to the Source until he was ascended. The reason for his ascention had nothing to do with how 'good' or 'worthy' he was. It was all about politics. He was an advisor to the Sanhedrin and he had the ear and support of powerful people.

Like the fall, it was ALL about politics.

I don't want to upset anyone, but I hated Metatron. He was an arse licking arsehole. He was a pumped up weasel and did a hell of a lot of harm with his meddling. The reason Metatron's ascention was acceptable and mine not was because his was done for politics and mine for love.

I don't hate him with the passion that I do Micha'el but I wouldn't trust him as far as I could spit, unless he worked really really hard to prove he changed.

He was no friend to any of the fallen, or their families.
Back to top Go down
Veil

Veil

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Myth wrote:
Any ideas where the name Metatron came from?

Possible meanings: "servant", "one who serves behind the throne", "one who occupies the throne next to the throne of glory", "co-occupant of the divine throne", "one who guards", "a measure", "to take" or that it is a transliteration of two possible Greek words or one that was made up like two or three other names that were also attributed to angels and sounded similar. In many ways, just like his story, it depends on your source material. Not to be confused with your Source material.

I'm guessing, based on the post you made Ish, that the fallen in this group believe in the version of the story where Enoch was made into the Metatron, and not the version where Metatron was created at the same time as the rest of the world? And if so, then you don't also believe the material from version one, where Enoch went back and forth several times, before finally making a last ascension, whereupon he became an angel?
Back to top Go down
http://thegrayveil.blogspot.com
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:31 pm

Metatron, just as with Merlin in later years, was a title, a name, in the First Times within Shadow society. Enoch didn't become an angel, he was just ascended. He took the title Metatron because of the meaning that the name has, and certainly had nothing to do with the energy or spirit Metatron.

As for his character, Zariel, I think it depends on what you read compared to personal experiences. All of the literature and mythology that has grown up surrounding him do portray him as a kind and wise intermediary between the Grigori the rest of Shadow. However, many of the opinions shared in this forum, including my own, come from personal experience of him and how he behaved towards us at the time, which isn't included in the written histories.

As with all history, it's a matter of perspective and is always written by the victorious

Az
Back to top Go down
Zariel

Zariel

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 2:09 am

oh ok, Im sorry if I offended I tend to question to divinity to a point and not worry about the politics until it involves me or my family. But memories are something of a differnent sort , but what I have seen from metatron which is not much is he healed me and helped me out quite a bit. Also gave me a name and told me to never share it unless I needed to and all help was exhausted.He wouldnt give me his name but he gave up whoever the sources name was, not like i would ever use it though. This was all thru meditation though.
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Questioning doesn't offend... at least not me. Things should... must be questioned and challenged. Unconditional acceptance is bullshit. If something can't stand up to questioning and scrutiny then it has no value.

Be careful what you take from meditation. Again, take nothing that is given on faith. Not everyone who comes to is are who or what they seem to be. I'm sure you know that.
Back to top Go down
Zariel

Zariel

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Well I don't remember the politics of paradise, but I don't imagine the politics would be very difficult. Our kind is somewhat above humanity in some areas.
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:11 am

Don't be too sure about that.

Of course I wasn't really part of that society but Shem and Az told me enough to make me realise they were just as petty, power hungry and self serving as any other government I've known of.

Don't forget who ordered and orcestrated the fall
Back to top Go down
Zariel

Zariel

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:48 pm

I watched, didn't care enough to take part i knew better than to play that game.
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:44 pm

It's a shame that most others weren't willing to play the game, but unfortunately they did and the power struggles began with petty jealousies over the Seven down to how the lore should be interpreted. As for our kind being above humanity.... some are, others aren't, even now, which is so sad.

Az
Back to top Go down
Zariel

Zariel

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 3:54 am

I didnt play the game because most of my time was spent learning why the source would not let us learn the forbidden arts of blood magick.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 1:52 pm

The one thing about being petty, power hungry and self serving hopefully over the centuries has changed since now that I have been on both sides of the picture!

I could have stayed that way and left but I chose a different path to follow!

I say that it is by far a most humbling experience and that the persona of Ouza has learned quite successfully to a tee now that the roles have changed!

Ouza
Back to top Go down
Zariel

Zariel

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:33 pm

the thing about the game was it wasnt worth the time they spent, talking about this talking about that.I on the other hand spent more time researching the arts of magick that we werent allowed to use compiling books and reading and learning all that I can, remembering the history and the times was something i did not of my charge but out of hobby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metatron's Role in the Fall   Metatron's Role in the Fall Empty

Back to top Go down

Metatron's Role in the Fall
Page 1 of 1