HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The path of the ascetic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kur

Kur

The path of the ascetic Empty
PostSubject: The path of the ascetic   The path of the ascetic EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:26 am

I was once smothered to ash by the weight of the world. But now, a glowing coal rests in my heart, waiting to be stoked back to blazing life. It glows red in the dark like the eye of a beast thought vanquished, but ready to rise for one final blow.

The path of asceticism no longer seems so dark and frightening. A part of me laments "It's about time you gave up all those time wasters and got down to business." Yes, it's about time I rejoined my kin, the spirits and the animals. It's about time I did the work I was sent here to do.

I'm not giving up everything, not into that self-mortification thing, but I will be giving up a lot by first world standards. The Middle Way if you will. I'm going to find a place in the forest where I won't be disturbed, build myself a simple shelter, and focus on spiritual mastery.

I can feel the thousand chains that bind my Self beginning to loosen. It's invigorating.

Tomorrow begins my search for the retreat.
Back to top Go down
sagehawk

sagehawk

PostSubject: Re: The path of the ascetic   The path of the ascetic EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:52 pm

I always wanted a place like that, out in the woods where I would be undisturbed. Hope you find a place!
Back to top Go down
Ari'el
Ari'el

PostSubject: Re: The path of the ascetic   The path of the ascetic EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:54 pm

I like this and I'm curious about the details, as I'm interested in going back to nature in a way too.
Any idea how long you'll be out there? Will it be like full survival where you sleep in your shelter, build fire with a bow drill (or whatever), boil water from a stream to drink, collect plants for food, etc? Just curious about the details on how you plan to do this.
Back to top Go down
http://draconic-fire.deviantart.com
Ashtart

Ashtart

PostSubject: Re: The path of the ascetic   The path of the ascetic EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:45 pm

How is this going for you Kur? I think I recall seeing on your livejournal that you had had some problems recently. If it's anything that we may be able to help out with, I'm sure some of us would like to know what's going on.
Back to top Go down
Kur

Kur

PostSubject: Re: The path of the ascetic   The path of the ascetic EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:29 pm

Apologies, didn't see that you had responded to this Ari'el.

The intent was to start off in a tent in the woods, near enough to society where I could walk back for food and supplies, but far enough where my activities wouldn't be disrupted by nosy humans. In time, if the place worked out, I would have built a more permanent shelter. Something that would blend in with nature so no one would discover me.

In the meantime, I built a simple blind for my tent out of leaves and branches so it would be impossible to spot from afar. A few weeks went by without a single human sighting. I was ready to begin my Work...

A diligent regimen of physical, mental, and spiritual training. Living with the animals, away from distractions that would keep me from achieving my potential.

Unfortunately I was discovered, by a total creep no less. I'm lucky to have made it out without getting raped since it was obvious a lone female was inhabiting the tent. Thankfully I was in town while he was going through my things and drinking a beer (judging by the evidence left at the site). He didn't steal anything or wait around for me to return, but he did leave a book called "The Hot House: Life Inside Leavenworth Prison". You can be sure that my things were all packed out ASAP after finding that.

So that's where I've been. And now I'm more homeless than ever. My current situation is untenable, so I've decided to try and find a job and a room somewhere. I have another plan in the works that will also result in me getting the self mastery I desire, but it will require saving up quite a bit of money first.

Thanks for thinking of me, it's appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

PostSubject: Re: The path of the ascetic   The path of the ascetic EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:58 pm

I hope that it all works out for you!

There are so many paths to self realization but often it's not easy to quickly change just like that.

I'm just so glad that you weren't hurt physically in any way with that unwanted encounter with the Jerk who might have been an x-con to boot! I love you

Ouza Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The path of the ascetic   The path of the ascetic Empty

Back to top Go down

The path of the ascetic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Putting The Pieces Together :: Body & Soul-
Jump to: