HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does any of this remotely make sense?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RabidDog

RabidDog

Does any of this remotely make sense?  Empty
PostSubject: Does any of this remotely make sense?    Does any of this remotely make sense?  EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:47 am

I hope this is the right place for this.

Running on all fours in the sand on the beach seemed so natural, it wasn't until after a while I figured out why that was, and why it seemed like an old memory. I mean that's a bit of how Aubrey(Alhazred on here) and I met. I was running dog like on the beach near Ocean City MD and there was this guy walking along the coast line and I sorta.. scrambled to resemble somebody who wasn't insane. --The rest is history on that.

A dog, I was always a dog. Not so much a wolf, really, wolf-like possibly, but a dog non-the-less. Different versions of the same story. Canine and beast-like. He was always the one for better reason than most to translate the 'human' world to me. No matter how he looked, and how different I looked.

There's other memories too, was it after or before or when it happened, I'm not sure. I still remember feeling canine like, but not completely, wispy and free flowing, and kind of attached to him in some way. The world we lived on at that time was shaking, things were crashing around this 'room' we were in, and we had to leave. I remember him escaping, but being inside his head, like I was his guide, then, too. But I was very confused because I couldn't grasp the concept that the world we were on was dying and he had to escape. Its kind of mind numbing to feel another's panic when.. you don't even have a real body. The ground shaking and slipping into that bad kind of chaos. I don't even really know what happened or how it happened, I just know that world did die... some how...? And we can't let that happen here..?

I remember hunting, looking this mad need to feed but not off meat, off the energy of the dead. And this desire to be with Aubrey, feed of his light, his memories, his knowledge. Hound beside him ever loyal. Even though I was a servant of Gwynn ap Nudd. I was bond to Aubrey in some way shape or form.

The deal is, and I suppose we're blessed on this, we keep finding one another again and again and again/. We know we're soul-mates. But I always wondered if there's other dogs out there like me, or hell hounds or whatever.. or if I ran with any other dogs in the various lives as a dog-like creature. And what in the Universe possessed me to chose a life as a human this time around.

I just came back from what I think was a very nasty attack on my psyche. But.. something just.. happened. I haven't felt this dog like and shaken with memories and 'knowing' in a while. Its been a crazy night. A bad long spring into summer. I don't know if my panic has eased at all.. but something's up. I feel like I'm barking around seeing if there any other dogs around. I tried again and again trying to find other hounds. But.. even if I see they're a dog, or a hound, or a wolf, they don't talk back like.. They don't -get- it. Like I'm on a different wave length than them?

Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Does any of this remotely make sense?    Does any of this remotely make sense?  EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:30 pm

I guess it won't come as any shock to you, but the image that came into my head when reading was the wild hunt. There are so many legends about it and i don't know if there is one hunt which is interpreted differently or whether there are many different ones.

I live near Neath (Nedd in Welsh - dd is pronounced th) and so, obvious the hunt of Gwyn ap Nuadd comes to mind. He is associated strongly with Arawn, lord of the Underworld, who also has a hunt. And then there is the 'Wild Hunt' of Hearne and his celtic counterpart Cernunnos.

They are all different in subtle ways but they all seem to have the similarity that they don't hunt physical things, but souls, or spirits, or dreams

I'm not sure how that fits in but it's what came to my mind
Back to top Go down
RabidDog

RabidDog

PostSubject: Re: Does any of this remotely make sense?    Does any of this remotely make sense?  EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:01 pm

Heh, you hit the nail on the head. Gwynn ap Nudd (Welsh is a crazy hard language to master) is my patron, and his hunt is the one I affiliate/d with. And true, souls, and energy, and not that I eat souls.. But its.. well hazy and complicated. Was soaking in the tub for a while, so my minds a bit of a blur. I know those hounds are white with red tip ears, much like the one in my icon. (although Kur paints me wolfish, and I feel wolfish.. but then again, people interpret these beings and deities in different ways..)

About ten years ago I dug and dug for as much information on the Wild Hunt as I could find, it all seemed to be a similar story, but a different version, with a different god using a different name. But it had this old home-sick feeling too. That was my.. origins, in some ways, I guess.

Thank you for reading.. haha every time I seem to sort of poke at this idea, everybody who knows of the Wild Hunt or Gwynn (or any of his counterparts) mentions it, and I just have to smile.. there's some belief energy out there for him.

A very very very long time ago, I was told that Gwynn hunting Cern, but I have doubts that's actually correct...? I just want to know how Cern ties in with Gwynn, and what sources are out there that says they might be one in the same.. Because if by some chance that is true.

Maybe that's where I need to go to find in what ways to see if Cern can help protect the land here. But I don't know how those two connect... I know Arawn and Gwynn are pretty much the same god.

You gotta understand I was just some really confused American kid rambling to some wiccan kids about how he knew he was a dog.. and well.. I don't think they had their stories straight. I'd much rather get this information from somebody who.. you know.. -lives- there?

Really thank you for commenting and giving me some information - granted I knew most of it in the back of my mind. Things I read about in 02-03 when things were crazy "loud" with Gwynn. Maybe that's the path I need to take again for him to communicate with me.

On a completely unrelated note, I have this story I'm working on about a girl who dives deep into Druid magick, and is told she's the future Lord (Lady?) of the Underworld, she tries to deny it left and right, think's she's just crazy. To add some continuity I made her last name "Neethe"... Because I read else where that was how Nudd was pronounced. Might use "Neath" now, though heh.
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Does any of this remotely make sense?    Does any of this remotely make sense?  EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:27 am

As far as I can tell Arawn and Gwynn are counterparts... as above so below. With Arawn lord of the underworld and Gwynn guardian of the world. Again, as far as I can tell Cern/Hearne is the anglicised form of Gwynn, ie they are one and the same person.

Cernunnos .s more. He is the Lord of the Wild, if anything Gwynn is his huntsman,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does any of this remotely make sense?    Does any of this remotely make sense?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1