HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Opportunity Knocks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Capsha

Capsha

Opportunity Knocks Empty
PostSubject: Opportunity Knocks   Opportunity Knocks EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Last night I had a bizarre dream that I want to share with you. I'm not particularly looking for people to decode it or anything but people can comment and question if they wish Smile

I was sitting in the living room in my house on the sofa like I do almost every single day. It was daytime outside and my dad was sitting on his chair opposite. The dog was at the window lying on her stool and the TV was on. It was a normal setting, this is usually how my days at home pan out. Then a van drove down the street. My dad told me to close the blinds and not to answer the door if anyone knocked. There was the sound of a van returning up the street, the click of a door being shut, footsteps, and then three loud knocks at the front door.

I tilted the blinds to peek outside to check if the person at our door was leaving. Parked outside our house was a white Ford transit van with "Opportunity" written across it in black. My dad told me once again not to answer the door and then he went into the kitchen. The person who had been at our door returned to his van. He was wearing a white suit and looked too posh to be driving around in a white van. My dad said from the kitchen "this isn't right. This isn't how things happen in Stay-The-Same".

When my mum returned home I told her all about the antics with the white van man. She looked just as puzzled as my dad and said "he must be from Change. No one ever strays from the timetable in Stay-The-Same". I was really confused at this point and asked them what they meant. They just laughed at me and told me that I'd lived there for years and of course I knew what they were talking about. I then woke up.

I haven't had a dream as vivid or as symbolic as that in a long time. Opportunity knocks? The lands of Stay-The-Same and Change? You gotta be kidding me. What was interesting is that before I went to bed I did a chakra balancing meditation using freshly purified and charged crystals (Fibreya has got me using them for everything!) and I'm wondering if that impacted at all. Both myself and Alezandra had also just taken part in an Akhu Dua (a religious event held monthly to celebrate and honour your ancestors) that very night, which also might have played a part.

It was an interesting dream to say the least!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kemetic-claudia.blogspot.com
Ashtart

Ashtart

Opportunity Knocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opportunity Knocks   Opportunity Knocks EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:43 pm

Sounds like a very straightforward dream!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Capsha

Capsha

Opportunity Knocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opportunity Knocks   Opportunity Knocks EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:13 am

Right now in my life I'm going through a lot of decision-making. My parents are pretty dead set on me going to university to study History or English. Although I'd enjoy studying those things away from home in a city with new people- it'd be new and exciting -I'm just not a city person. I don't want to do that. Instead I've been looking at going to do a university degree at one of the colleges that makes up the University of the Highlands and Islands where I can study English Literature or Archaeology on a Scottish island, or in a remote place up north. They don't want me to study with UHI because it doesn't have a very good reputation as it's a new uni, and it's based in colleges. They're also worried that I would hate being so far away from home, and about money. UHI provided no student accommodation so you have to find your own place to rent. That usually means it's going to be more expensive than student housing, and they struggled enough when my sister was living in student halls. I'm currently at college in my town so there's no additional costs apart from a bus ride.

My other option is that I take a year out before I go to university to figure out what I want to do. Maybe get a part-time job, volunteer at a few places and gain experience so that I have a wider range of things behind me before I get a degree, which is something that employers look for: experience in the real world.

My third option is not going to uni or college at all and doing training with the British Assossiation of Funeral Directors and then trying to find a placement or apprenticeship in a funeral home. The idea of funeral directing as a job just hit me one day and it's something I think I'd be good at. However, giving up a place at uni would be an awful thing to risk if I didn't succeed in funeral directing.

Sorry for the vent, but I think it's what my dream was referring to.

~Capsha
Back to top Go down
http://www.kemetic-claudia.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Opportunity Knocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opportunity Knocks   Opportunity Knocks Empty

Back to top Go down

Opportunity Knocks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Putting The Pieces Together :: Dreams & Portents-
Jump to: