HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TV and Movies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashtart

Ashtart

TV and Movies Empty
PostSubject: TV and Movies   TV and Movies EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:24 am

What are your favorite shows and films that depict the Shadow, Fallen and other of us 'kin in an "aha" fashion? I'm kind of addicted to apocalyptic/judeochristian mysticism fiction and always have been. Likewise for anything depicting people or beings with wings =3. There haven't been any good judeochristian apocalypse films for a while =(. Maybe when the year 2000 didn't result in anything, people started losing enthusiasm. I even remember liking the by-all-other-accounts-awful "End of Days," with Arnold Schwarzeneggar and "Stigmata."

I tried watching the first "Prophecy" movie, but it didn't have enough "bright things with wings" or "omfg the apocalypse" in it for me... though Viggo Mortensen as the Morning Star was pretty neat.

I tend to really like watching films that trigger that sense in me of "oh! yes! this! this thing!!" for however long. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
valthasar

valthasar

TV and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV and Movies   TV and Movies EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 12:40 pm

Recently I watched The Prophecy trilogy that has Christoper Walken in it.

It was interesting.

There were a few things in it which were...I hate to use the word disturbing because that's not a good word, but I'm not sure what other word to use here. There were some things which I don't know, clicked, hit home, seemed like something not too far off the mark. Not the entire movies, mind you, but just a few tiny things here and there; enough so that it would be a point clearly made.

Just thought I'd toss that out there for perusal by whomever in case anyone ever thought about those particular movies.
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

TV and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV and Movies   TV and Movies EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:13 pm

Well, as light hearted as it is, I love the movie 'Dogma' which could seem to be an odd choice. But the discussion or argument that takes place regarding the Lie and the fall was so well written, it spoke to me.

The Prophecy was excellent, and one of a few of its kind, but have to say I thought the first one was by far the best.

Another possible odd choice is all five seasons of Babylon 5. I know this might sound like i'm taking this too far, but the war against the Shadow and their opinions on the first races.... The was some inspired understanding that entered the mind of the writer.

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Ashtart

Ashtart

TV and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV and Movies   TV and Movies EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:05 pm

I hear good things about Babylon 5... never checked it out but perhaps I will try to. And Dogma is definitely a classic. (I love the entire movie but especially how it ended with Alanis Morrissette as "God" incarnate lol). I had a couple of series in mind when I wrote this. One series I'm watching right now called "Uraboku" ( http://www.nwanime.com/1747/Uragiri-wa-Boku-no-Namae-wo-Shitteiru/ ) which is about wars between angelics and demonics that are reincarnated in the present as humans with magical powers. LOL.... there's a lot there that I can identify with... especially with the main character.

I love another series called "Neon Genesis Evangelion," which is about "angels" attacking Earth and incorporates a lot of western mysticism in its story and imagery. Here's a video with some clips from that series and the movie "End of Evangelion".... actually, it kind of sums up the entire series (extremely violent content warning): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6faziImZfI&playnext=1&videos=Td4PbtjweI4 . One of my favorite images of "something with wings" is minute 5:08 in this video.

I needs moar....
Back to top Go down
valthasar

valthasar

TV and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV and Movies   TV and Movies EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:00 am

Boop!

=D

(And I know damn good and well that they aren't all as genderless as a Ken doll. LOL)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV and Movies   TV and Movies Empty

Back to top Go down

TV and Movies
Page 1 of 1