HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ARCHIVE: Winging it

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Archive

ARCHIVE: Winging it Empty
PostSubject: ARCHIVE: Winging it   ARCHIVE: Winging it EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 5:14 am

By Scratch Sep 3 2008 -

Yesterday my wings changed, drastically, and I don't know why.

They were, when I started really becoming aware of them, feathered with a mixture of violets and reds. The colors seemed to reflect a mix of my inner state, for lack of a better way to put it. It's like there's two ways I can swing, red or purple, and after an intense self-healing session one night about two months ago, the red left them and they were various shades of violet and lavender, arranged like a sky just before dawn. I felt utterly triumphant when that happened; I'd not thought that could happen. This past Sunday started another bout of fixing broken things inside me. It wasn't planned on my part, but events coincided to open up and empty a hurt I've been carrying pretty much as long as I can remember. I'm still feeling weak and drained today, but with a sense I'm recovering, and will be better off when I have my strength back.

What I don't understand is suddenly my wings have become featherless, with deep purple webbing and black spines. Nothing specific, that I could tell, facilitated this; they just look completely different in my mind's eye now. The fact they kept the purple is reassuring, but the demonic look to them has me a little worried. Deep down I feel like I'm doing what I need to be, and several people have been telling me how much I've helped them lately. It's like the less afraid and selfish I become, the less hurt and "evil," the less I look like an angel. I'm confused. Although, in this form my wings can morph shape (I was playing last night, and found they can change on my whim, to be like a butterfly, or a bat, or how I've drawn dragon or demon wings - I can't change the colors, although they went all shimmery and sparkly with scales at one point). With the feathers they were strictly one shape, and rather unwieldy in comparison. I'd been starting to wonder if certain sensitive individuals would get bumped when I move them, so maybe that's something to do with the change.

At the very least, it seems proof this is not something I'm making up, which is still pretty much a constant fear in the back of my mind. It doesn't really make sense that something I was imagining would change so radically, without my having the least expectation of it happening, or any idea why, does it?

By Azaz'el Sep 4 2008 -

Probably one of the annoying things to say here is that ultimately all any of us can do is offer our thoughts and ideas.... this is most definitely one of those areas where only you can know the true answer. But perhaps nit can fall into the areas some of us think.

To me, there are two very real and important reasons why something like this could happen. And both may sound positive but can also bring a negative aspect with them.... and indeed both could be linked.

The first reason that I would consider is the fact that after the healing session you are perhaps going through a rebirth. This rebirthing process that would have a deep impact on your spiritual and true self, needs to be understood and seen .... and so it can manifest itself as if you have been physically reborn. Just think of any winged being or animal that has just been born..... the are mostly all without feathers or fur, and so all that can be seen is the skin and mnuscle and bone. Perhaps this is how it is for you.... the healing has brought a rebirth and at the moment you are still in the early stages and have no 'feathers.'

The second possibility is linked to what you say about being all things to other people... no longer just a fixed being, but can change and become what others need you to be, what you need for yourself. As such, you cannot exist in a fixed state or form or being, and this is now being shown to you on an inner spiritual level.... take away the preconceptions of what you thought you could only be (the feathers) and show you how you look naked and bald, so that you can change, can become all you need to be, without the restrictions of what you think you 'should' be.

In the end, only you can know what the real reason is, and that will become known to you in time. Don't be afraid to stand up and be proud of who and what and how you are.... it is what you need to be and what the Universe needs you to be. Yourself.

Az

By Ishtahar Sep 4 2008 -

As an aside purple has always been considered to be a very strong colours. It has been the colour of kings and in the Roman Empire only the Emperor was allowed to wear it and it edged all his togas.

In the auric rainbow it is the colour of strength and psychic protection.

Incidentally it is my favourite colour.

Ish

By Scratch Sep 4 2008 -

Thank you both. While it may be repetitious, one of the reasons I like this forum is the understanding we can only offer our opinions and insights to each other, because no one knows the answer for themselves better than the person asking the question.

Your comments were insightful and helpful; some of them were quite relevant, especially the bald thing. I recently cut all my hair off in an attempt to start over, or be reborn, and it wound up being a very good move on my part, and an amazingly good look for me to boot! The rest was good food for thought, and that was one of several times I've heard recently (although the only one incited by me) that purple is a very strong, protective, healing color. Apparently is also cures discord.

I'm sure I'm not alone in how hard and long I've fought to simply be myself and proud of it. That's excellent advice for all of us.

By Ellysium Sep 5 2008 -

*smiles* goodthings (my close friends and I say this when we feel, intuitively, that the universe, events, etc are in the right... shape, for lack of better words, that good/right/important things are happening or beginning to take shape, though we don't always know exactly what the thing is. Unfortunately I can't adequetely describe the nuances of this feeling, but I got that feeling for you while reading your post)

You are discovering yourself, delving further into the layers of who you are. Nothing but good can come of that smile.gif Of course, as was said above, you know more about what exactly is happening than I do wink.gif

Also, demons or demon-like things are not necessarily bad wink.gif

By Azaz'el Sep 5 2008 -

QUOTE (Ellysium @ Sep 5 2008, 06:18 AM)
"Also, demons or demon-like things are not necessarily bad wink.gif"

You know me very well by now!!!!

AZ tongue.gif

By Ellysium Sep 6 2008 -

QUOTE (Azaz'el @ Sep 5 2008, 05:13 PM)
"You know me very well by now!!!!"

*grins*
Back to top Go down
Veil

Veil

ARCHIVE: Winging it Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARCHIVE: Winging it   ARCHIVE: Winging it EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:51 pm

I posted this as a reply, because I didn't think it needed its own thread, although it's not directly related so it might end up being moved...

I'm wondering about your concept of the wings you had, versus how wings are depicted in art? In the Bible, only Cherubim and Seraphim are said to have wings. Even then, the mentions are few and far between, and in some instances the same angel isn't mentioned as having them later. Other angels are known as such, without having wings at all.

An angel, 'one who is sent' or 'intermediary' wouldn't necessarily need wings to get around. There are energy manipulations that could get them from place to place, and in some mentions they are recognized as being angels due to some other factor-not because they're sporting wings.

Now, science has gone in and said that a human form couldn't be supported by the birdlike appendages we see depicted in art anyway. This suggests that the wings with feathers are just humanity's way of explaining the flight phenomenon, in ways easily understood by your everyday person. So the presence of wings when it is mentioned in the Bible, could be a way of manifesting the difference between man and angel in a more concrete, as-needed, basis.

I'm not an angel, and we get around in poofs, so I don't have much of a concept of them being on myself, the phantom limb feeling, unless I am relating to the feline form my kind can take on.
Back to top Go down
http://thegrayveil.blogspot.com

ARCHIVE: Winging it
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Shadow :: Experiences of Shadow-
Jump to: