HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1,000,000,000 souls

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scratch

Scratch

1,000,000,000 souls Empty
PostSubject: 1,000,000,000 souls   1,000,000,000 souls EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:34 am

This is one of those things I'm so glad the forum is here for, because it bugged me out, and I couldn't talk about it anywhere else.

Life has been intense in general lately, and today my head was especially swimmy. I was upset on a spiritual level, largely at the setup of the church and its emphasis on the cross (death instead of life). That may be another post. Anyway, I knew I wasn't sick, but was feeling pretty miserable.

In the last hour of work, when I was alone and closing up, I glanced through the windows and saw a young, obviously homeless guy, crossing the middle of the street towards the shop. I knew he would come in, but was thinking "oh, please no." Dealing with another street-crazy was the last thing I wanted to do. But he walked in and stood near the door, babbling at me. I could hardly understand him at first: something about just getting out of the hospital, and someone playing darts with his arms, in his veins. He pulled up sleeves and showed me red welts. Something had me rooted to the spot, and I literally watched him grow more cognizant as I listened. After a bit, he started thanking me for the attention, and not kicking him out. Not knowing what else to say, I told him I'd pray for him.

That lit him up. He smiled a nice smile, and said he'd pray for me too. Then, he looked me dead in the eye, and said, "A billion souls are waiting for you to come home." He kind of blinked, then grinned and added, "I know that's true." I told him to take care of himself, he told me to take better care of myself, to which I said I intend to, and he left. I went in the back, and started sobbing. It was as if I'd been waiting all day for that dam to break.

Those words rocked me to the core, and I'm still not sure why. It seemed he'd been guided there to tell me that. I'm not sure what it means, but it was beautiful, and melancholy, and the shuffled songs (many I hadn't heard before) on the store stereo seemed to be giving me very direct messages from then until I shut it off. Most prominent was one saying "I wish I could love you the way you want me to" - to someone who was cold one minute, then too hot the next. I'd been thinking, just before he walked in, that I don't know how to connect with people, and it perfectly answered my question of why.

Has anything like this happened to any of you?
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

PostSubject: Re: 1,000,000,000 souls   1,000,000,000 souls EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 10:41 pm

That certainly sounds like one hell of a powerful experience. I'm not surprised it helped reduce you to tears..... when a meaning message like that comes 'out of the blue' it seems to make us ultra aware of the world, all that is happening around us and that moment that we have been existing through instead of living within.

The topic of those who seem to be troubled or 'disturbed' coming out with random comments that cut to the core of our souls is of deep interest with me. One of the regular areas of work I have to keep the wolves fomr the door and a roof over my head is my work within mental health. So I deal a lot with people on the edge of society, with people who see the world in a different way to the rest of us so called normal people. And at times I feel that only through such personal crisis points and emotional breakdown is it possible for some to link to the deeper spiritual realms and see things with a clarify that is scary.

Quite some time ago a client, similar to your experience Scratch, looked at me full in the eyes and said: "You opened a doorway, you are called evil, but you're not evil. You have been away from your home for a long time now. Stop blaming yourself and gather your family together, you can go home soon."

He turned away, grabbed a handful of biscuits and went away to eat them with his cup of tea. I could have been knocked over with a feather!!! Tentative questioning later revealed that he had no memory of saying anything to me. There are, of course, logical explanations ..... but in this line of work, as Grigori as well as mental health worker, you soon realise what is important and what is not. This was important.

Az

https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Scratch

Scratch

PostSubject: Re: 1,000,000,000 souls   1,000,000,000 souls EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:48 am

Wow. Especially because both held references to being away from home, wow.

Thank you so much for saying that. I don't actively work with them, but was practically homeless myself for a year or two, which makes me look at them differently than most people. I'd formed basically the same conclusion: living essentially without rules, outside of society, and often under the influence of drugs, opens some up to things which "normal" people choose to ignore, and makes them much less afraid to talk about it. It's been a double-edged sword, since there's obviously deep issues at play, which often make me want to discount such encounters and how powerfully they affect me. But the fact remains, that I do nothing to encourage such statements, and have never seen these people before or since, yet they speak directly to this knowledge I sense inside myself. And, as I grow more comfortable with that knowledge, more seem to be seeing it.

I'm reminded now of another encounter, when a woman was literally raving at the top of her lungs as she walked down the street. Again, I was rooted to the sidewalk, and as I watched her approach, her voice grew softer and more reasonable. By the time she stood in front of me, she seemed perfectly lucid, and asked me conversationally, "Are you Tibetan?" I had just shaved my head the first time, and wore a maroon wrap around my shoulders, so it was a reasonable question. I said no, and she pressed with, "something like that?"

About a year before I spent 6-odd months practicing a Tibetan form of Buddhism, which completely soured me on it. She seemed to be speaking about that, and I conceded, "something like that."

She regarded me thoughtfully a moment, then pronounced, "Barracuda." That was the end of it. Again, it left me deeply touched and crying. I listened to the Heart song, after, and found in it a very important lesson for myself, which hadn't connected at all before. Perhaps it's why I think of it again now. I'm still learning to simply take things as they come, and not knock what's helpful, no matter how bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: 1,000,000,000 souls   1,000,000,000 souls EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 11:52 pm

I have had a lot of strange experiences with homeless people I seem to be drawn to them and them to me. Never had anything like that happen to me though... yet Wink cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1,000,000,000 souls   1,000,000,000 souls Empty

Back to top Go down

1,000,000,000 souls
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Shadow :: Experiences of Shadow-
Jump to: