HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ARCHIVE: Love

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Archive

ARCHIVE: Love Empty
PostSubject: ARCHIVE: Love   ARCHIVE: Love EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:24 am

By Dreamsend Feb 6 2009 -

Love, as I reflected tonight at a performance I was watching, seems equivalent to many things... it is a force that drives, that lifts, that heals. It is what attracts us to art, poetry and music. I was listening to the words of a musician describe the words of his teacher, criticizing him, "He was bored. He told me that I need to convey color and shape in my song..." these non-tangible attributes that come through, truly, when the artist is drawing the passion and emotion out of his heart and projecting it through the art form.

I feel that Love may be the thing that I have to convey... Love as an energy I think equals that force that draws us to art and equals that force that propels magick and equals the force that propels prayer. Love is what people lack... and that is the reason they seek it in other things, instead of in each other and the earth. ...

I feel that if I ground myself really into the present moment and into this body, resolving to reconnect to the earth (as I have never been) and to the rest of humanity (as I have avoided) and release the bonds I have placed on myself, I will serve as some sort of conductor. For that force.

In any case, I have been tryign to realize the reason for being here (as usual). The energies and forces within me seeking an outlet and I don't know what to "outlet" them into. I am scared of what I feel because I think growing up around sensitives who didn't know they were sensitives, I've come to believe that the energies I feel are somehow harmful to others or will "overload" them. Maybe they were at some point. But maybe they aren't anymore?

I feel as if there must be some others that feel the same way that I feel, like becoming grounded conductors lol...

By Ishtahar Feb 6 2009 -

I'm sure there are. I think there are many who will resonate with what ou have said.

The world can never have too much love

By Azaz'el Feb 6 2009 -

Such a simple word for such a powerful emotion and such a universally altering energy.

It was for love that I offered my life, my future, my hope and dreams. It was for love that I suffered a millenia upon millennia of pain and loss and isolation. It was for love that I lost all that I was, all that I am, and all that I will be.

For love I have died. And for love I will die again. There is not enough in the universe these days and we must bring it back. Love is the key.

Az

By Ishtahar Feb 6 2009 -

Why is it that the greatest love seems to go hand in hand with the greatest pain?

All the best love stories end in tragedy.

By Sari'el Feb 9 2009 -

Because they are the same. One must bleed before one can heal. One must have almost suffocated at times to know the pleasure of breathing. You only appreciate your health after you've just been sick. And you can only appreciate love when you've been alone.

By Ishtahar Feb 9 2009 -

Bleargh...... no one likes a smart ass ;p :-*

wub.gif

By Seraphyna Feb 10 2009 -

Love has a great way of making an individual "stupid" for lack of a better word. To my kind, true heartstopping love, was rather forbidden...a force to be avoided as we are meant to be neutral. It is this force that led to my incarnation here.

Love is a powerful energy, but it's definitely not all sunshine, puppy dogs, and rainbows. It can heal just as easily as destroy and has a preference for neither.

By Shemyaza Feb 10 2009 -

Love is the oldest two edged sword.

How it is wealded defines the bearer.

By Ishtahar Feb 10 2009 -

Oh how true but it would be nice to feel the other edge now and again.

By Ouza May 19 2009 -

They always used to throw this in my face!

"Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained!"

Ouza

By Ishtahar May 19 2009 -

How true

By Rasiak Oct 13 2009 -

Dreamsend, I seem to feel the same way as you do. I believe that I've been in love and that I still am in love, but I've been hurt too. I don't think I'm fully recovered, even...

I've always held the view that love, while potentially devastating, is one of the greatest healers and can unite people whatever their differences. Love is lacking in this world, as Dreamsend said. It makes me hopeful just thinking about what the human race could amount to if they all embraced love!

Okay, it's a very idealistic view...But I think that conveying love towards the human race is the way forward. smile.gif

I'm sure some of my phrasing will bring about questions. I know what I mean in my head, but it's so difficult to write down!

I may try and recollect my thoughts and try again in the near future...

Edit: This is actually a really truthful and interesting discussion you had going on!

By Razi'el Oct 14 2009 -

it seems more and more people are noticing their purpose lately, whether it be through experience or odd coincidence...

i was watching a sitcom the other day (ironic that the biggest sign of such a deep matter would come from a satirical program) and it was an episode about how the universe works in strange ways, to make sure you're in the right place at the right time. and it got me thinking...

i've always been good at singing, and i've always said i'd prefer being poor and happy to being rich and miserable. but within the first few weeks after the move, i met a friend's family, and his stepfather, oddly enough, is a professional musician. which makes me wonder if i'm supposed to go this way...

and on other notes, Dream, that really does seem like a very important job, maybe those others in that summoning dream you had, the one where you were helping to summon some sort of white phoenix, were others meant to be conductors as well? just a thought.

best wishes all around!
Raz

By Scratch Oct 14 2009 -

That's interesting, Raz. I was extremely musical as a child, but it was quashed for a variety of reasons. I always thought art was my calling, but since moving to Seattle, music has been taking over my life. I mainly sing, but am proving a quick study on the violin, and it seems everyone I meet anymore plays something. Just a few days ago, it hit me that musicianship feels more real and completing (for lack of a better way to put it), than calling myself an artist ever did. Perhaps talk of the angelic choirs was more literal than previously thought. wink.gif

By Azaz'el Oct 14 2009 -

It is strange that this topic has started again .......... perhaps I am the only one feeling this, but there seems to be a distinct lack of love in the air right now. I realise we are hurtling towards Samhjuinn and the death it brings, but there is no sense of love and support in that death this time...... just a feeling of harsh pain.

It is very dark and very cold..... does this reflect a lack of love from us as individuals, or does it show the lesson we have tof ace this coming winter... being alone and trying to shine our light into a barren wilderness?

Az

By Scratch Oct 14 2009 -

You are not the only one feeling that way Az, as my bleeding-heart wails from a few days ago can attest. It sounds like you give answers within your questions of why this might be. Perhaps, as well, it is a means to teach and enforce love of ourselves, which is the only love we can control or fully depend on, when all is said and done.

BTW Rasiak, you pretty much expressed the gist of the free love movement there. I always found it interesting the age of Aquarius dawned with such a push of love towards all, and hard struggles to stop segregation, imperialism, and violence against people and nature. I think you're right, but there's a lot of entrenched hatred that claims it's impossible. Gradually, though, I think the tide will turn.

By Ouza Jan 7 2010 -

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."

~ St. Augustine

Ouza

By Azaz'el Jan 8 2010 -

Well, that was said loud and clear!!!! wink.gif
Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Love
Page 1 of 1