HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ARCHIVE: Spring

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Archive

ARCHIVE: Spring Empty
PostSubject: ARCHIVE: Spring   ARCHIVE: Spring EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:34 am

By Ellysium Jun 5 2009 -

As I have recently mentioned in other posts, I have been going through a Winter, or a dark night of the soul, whatever term you prefer. And I believe I have come into a Spring.

Recently I have randomly started feeling more dragony - a feeling that I had very rarely over the past year or two. I can feel and see a vague image of myself as a dragon in my mind, usually the color is whitish or off-white, but that may just be because the image is so vague. Often, I will hold my self differently when this happens, and move slightly different as well. And sometimes I don't really feel like any sort of animal or being in particular, but I see and feel myself as a light, usually an off-whitish, nondescript glow that stretches beyond the peripheral vision of my mind's eye.

I have gone through cycles before, from feeling spiritual, to purely mundane/physical, and back again.. but usually when I went back to spiritual I kept many of the same ideas and concepts I had been working with before. But this is entirely different and new. I cannot fit these recent experiences with any specific persona or idea of myself that I had before, and I don't want to (even though my mind will sometimes try, and compare the two). And unlike the other times, I have no idea where this might be taking me, what will happen, who or what I am if it even really matters. And of course I have become quite curious now and I want to know, but part of me is holding me back so that things will flow and bloom and happen as they need to.

By Ishtahar Jun 5 2009 -

I am glad that you have entered your spring. Good luck in your search

Ish

By Scratch Jun 6 2009 -

QUOTE (Ellysium @ Jun 6 2009, 12:39 AM)
"And unlike the other times, I have no idea where this might be taking me, what will happen, who or what I am if it even really matters. And of course I have become quite curious now and I want to know, but part of me is holding me back so that things will flow and bloom and happen as they need to."

Thanks for sharing. Sometimes it's very nice to hear how I'm feeling described by someone else. It does feel like a time of indecision, and I've been questioning everything lately. I suppose that's good to do sometimes, though.

By Ouza Jun 6 2009 -

In the lyrics from the Sound of Music,

The songs ... The hills are alive with the sound of music and Edelweiss were they singing of Austria or Switzerland?

Probably one of the most beautifulest made movie's I ever saw when, I was young and made me fall, in love with the Mountains in the Springtime of Europe!

Ouza

By Ellysium Jun 6 2009 -

QUOTE (Scratch @ Jun 5 2009, 10:20 PM)
"Thanks for sharing. Sometimes it's very nice to hear how I'm feeling described by someone else. It does feel like a time of indecision, and I've been questioning everything lately. I suppose that's good to do sometimes, though."

Yeah, it is good to question. It helps you grow, and get rid of the old things that don't apply anymore.

By Dreamsend Jun 7 2009 -

It's nice that you've gotten a sort of reprieve for a while. And I really like "dragony" as an adjective. I hope that the enlightenment expands for you =) I've been feeling sort of like all the loose chips that make up my life are starting to settle down and get in order for the first time ever. I too have this feeling like "oh... it's... starting to make sense." laugh.gif Keep us updated =)

Angela

By Ouza Jun 7 2009 -

I don't know about you guys, but the headaches and pains are gone!
I should be very careful though, I might anger the gods and they would just
out, of love or pure spite bring them back!

In the spirit of love,

Ouza

By Ellysium Jun 7 2009 -

QUOTE (Dreamsend @ Jun 7 2009, 03:45 AM)
"It's nice that you've gotten a sort of reprieve for a while. And I really like "dragony" as an adjective. I hope that the enlightenment expands for you =) I've been feeling sort of like all the loose chips that make up my life are starting to settle down and get in order for the first time ever. I too have this feeling like "oh... it's... starting to make sense." laugh.gif Keep us updated =)

Angela"

I'm glad that things are starting to fit together and make sense for you, Angela smile.gif

I feel like I've just been reborn and everything is new and open to possibility.

I had an interesting dream this morning. I was in Ethiopia with some Ethiopian friends (they now live in America and are friends of my family). A bunch of random stuff happened, then we came to their house, and one of the rooms was big and had a huge Christian-themed mural on the wall. I regarded it with respect, but that was about it. Later we were on the side of a gently sloping grassy hill. There were a lot of people of all ages gathered around a fire. There was an old man, a Christian holy man of some sort, dressed in gray, speaking to the people about something. I felt nothing.

Then a younger man who looked like he might be Tibetan walked up from the woods toward the fire. He was clothed in the orange robes of a monk, but the fact that he was a Shaman seemed to be more important than what he looked like. He stopped at the crowd to say something, or leave something there, I don't remember, and then he turned around and walked back to the woods. I had an intense urge to run after him, but I held myself back for fear of what my mother and other people might think. But then all the other young people and children ran after him (apparently he had been there the year before and they knew and loved him, but this was my first time there). So I ran after him as well, into the woods.

Somehow the Tibetan-Shaman-monk and I ended up alone together in a car, of all places, and it was raining outside. And there was a strong feeling that we wanted to get to know each other - intimately, and I think we almost kissed. Then we were back with all the kids and he showed us how to build a shelter out of sticks and other natural materials.

I don't think this man actually physically exists. He might be a spiritual teacher of some sort, but more than likely I think it's a clue as to where I should look next.

There was a lot of symbolism in this dream. I'm not sure why there was so much Christian symbolism in it, I was never Christian. Sure I grew up with some of the mythology because my extended family is Christian, but that's about it...
As far as the orange robes, I used to practice an offshoot of Hinduism where the Swamis (monks) wore orange robes. Though I think robes like this are common among several Eastern traditions. Shamanism is interesting because I've always been drawn to it but I have never actually had the chance to really look into it. And when he built the shelter, it reminded me of the Native American survival skills/spiritual classes I have taken. Perhaps I'll take another class like that, as the last (and first) time I took a class with Tom Brown (a teacher of Native American skills and spirituality), I really connected with him on a spiritual level. That was about a year ago, before I fell into this period of non-spirituality that I've been in.

By Ishtahar Jun 7 2009 -

Dont forget that a lot of Christian symbolism was....erm.. lifted from much older religions and philosophies. The cross for example, predates Christianity by a long long way.

By Ellysium Jun 7 2009 -

QUOTE (Ishtahar @ Jun 7 2009, 04:38 PM)
"Dont forget that a lot of Christian symbolism was....erm.. lifted from much older religions and philosophies. The cross for example, predates Christianity by a long long way."

Hm, yeah. That's a good point.
Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Spring
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Putting The Pieces Together :: Body & Soul-
Jump to: