HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Englynion Gwydion: The Four branches of the Mabinogi....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ousa

Ousa

Englynion Gwydion:  The Four branches of the Mabinogi.... Empty
PostSubject: Englynion Gwydion: The Four branches of the Mabinogi....   Englynion Gwydion:  The Four branches of the Mabinogi.... EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:32 pm

I don't know why I was drawn to this:

Derwen a dyf rhwng dau lyn

yn cysgodi'n dawel awyr a glyn

oni ddywedaf i gelwydd

o flodau Lleu y mae hyn.

Derwen a dyf mewn maes uchel

nis gwlych glaw, nis tawdd gwres

cynhaliodd ugain dawn

ar ei brig Lleu Llaw Gyffes.

Derwen a dyf dan lechwedd

noddfa tywysog hardd

oni ddywedaf i gelwydd

fe ddaw Lleu i'm harffed.

'Oak that grows between two lakes;

Darkening gently sky and glen

Unless I tell a lie,

From the flowers of Lleu are these.

Oak that grows in upland ground,

Rain wets it not, heat burns it not

It contained twenty gifts

It bears in its branches Lleu of the Skillful Hand.

Oak that grows beneath the slope

Shelter of a fair prince

Unless I tell a lie

Lleu will come to my lap.'
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Englynion Gwydion: The Four branches of the Mabinogi....   Englynion Gwydion:  The Four branches of the Mabinogi.... EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:46 pm

That's very beautiful.

Gwydion was a powerful wizard. To cut a long story short he made Lleu a bride out of flowers. Lugh was then the most monumentally stupid moron in the history of the world. He told his wife (who by this time was having an affair with another man) the only way he could be killed... which was pretty unlikely... I mean really. And THEN he set it all up just so she could see exactly how NOT to kill him DUUUHHHH.

It went something like... standing between the sand and the water, with one foot in a bath and the other on the back of a goat... yeah... THAT unlikely and just to make sure it never happened accidentally he set it all up to show her what not to do... just to avoid accidents you understand.

Then... to Lleu's surprise his wife's lover went right ahead and killed him, throwing a spear at him so hard it went straight through a stone.

When he was dying, and what a surprise that was, his uncle.. Gwydion turned him into a hawk and he flew up into a tree. He then turned the wife... Blodeuedd into an owl, cursed to fly only at night because if she was seen out in the day all the other birds would attack and kill her.

And then he had to charm Lleu down from the tree. If it was me I would have slapped him silly when he got there.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

PostSubject: Re: Englynion Gwydion: The Four branches of the Mabinogi....   Englynion Gwydion:  The Four branches of the Mabinogi.... EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Sounds like day to day life... around here !!!

Miss you terribly !!!

Ouza I love you
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

PostSubject: Re: Englynion Gwydion: The Four branches of the Mabinogi....   Englynion Gwydion:  The Four branches of the Mabinogi.... EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:06 pm

I love all of the stories from the Mabinogion, they speak to my soul of the lands of my birth,

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Englynion Gwydion: The Four branches of the Mabinogi....   Englynion Gwydion:  The Four branches of the Mabinogi.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Englynion Gwydion: The Four branches of the Mabinogi....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Information :: Miscelleny-
Jump to: