HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Embracing the Avatar self

Go down 
+3
Scratch
Ari'el
Ashtart
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashtart

Ashtart

Embracing the Avatar self Empty
PostSubject: Embracing the Avatar self   Embracing the Avatar self EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:24 pm

"Avatar" means a human god/dess incarnation. I'm starting to come to terms with being that, little by little. It seems like all the land around me here is shouting at me sometimes to stop acting human and start acting like a goddess. It's as if my "human pursuits" are not......... valuable. That's not why I'm here.

Those of you that are also avatars (cool that there's more of us here) how are you dealing with accepting your god/dess selves? What do you feel drawn to do in the spirit and material worlds? It's not exactly like we have temples and things o_o. What are we supposed to do???

I suppose I feel sort of drawn to organize and conduct public dance and ritual, though it's very very intimidating the more committed i become to making that real for me.

Since solstice, I've been "looking" more magical o_o. I went into a pagan shop today and the owner fetl compelled to read me with her cards for free... I left there and as I was walking down the large staircase felt a jolt shoot through me, again but louder and stronger than ever saying "here is a goddess/you are a goddess/here she is come back to us/perform your duties" so on and so forth, keeping me rooted there in the staircase for some time with a cacophony of noise only I could hear.

ash
Back to top Go down
Ari'el
Ari'el

PostSubject: Re: Embracing the Avatar self   Embracing the Avatar self EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Heh. I've been wondering that myself... I've only just started to accept who I really am even though the signs have been there most of my life. And now I'm left wondering, "Now what? What am I supposed to do? What's the point of being here?"
To be honest, I feel rather useless. I don't feel like I can really do anything special or god/dess like...
I'm not sure what direction to go in... Maybe something with animals? But I haven't really transferred my identity to my every day life and thinking yet.
Back to top Go down
http://draconic-fire.deviantart.com
Scratch

Scratch

PostSubject: Re: Embracing the Avatar self   Embracing the Avatar self EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:59 pm

I'm glad you brought this up.

The Solstice seemed like a big deal this year: before walking across a bed of hot coals, I was pulled to a rock-filled spot I'd like to see a temple built on, and told a bit more about what I'm doing here by the local ethereal royalty. They couldn't tell me *what* to do, simply that I would know when the time came. Then, last night something prompted me to "release the demons." Not sure why they were being called that, but I saw myself finding, freeing, then unleashing an army of shadowy beings that had been locked away somewhere. I commanded them to "go and take it all back." It's hard to put into words the impression I got of what they were and what their purpose was, but I think they're aligned with the Earth, or Nature, and will help awaken people to their connection with it.

There has been a lot pushing me to cultivate the mindset of a monarch. The owner of the farm keeps putting me in charge of organizing and leading people for various projects, and it was humbling to see how bad I am at getting attention and telling people what to do. It's helping me get over my own "NO! NOT MEEEEE!!!!" mentality toward leadership, though, and building my confidence in that role.

It's not exactly the same thing, but something seemed to happen one night to allow the two sides of my being to switch roles: the human side was more dominant before, but seems to be taking the passive role now. There's still some switching back and forth, but I'm not at odds with myself anymore. Human pursuits haven't exactly fallen by the wayside, but it feels like all that's expected or needed for me to do is simply be here. Like it doesn't matter what I do physically, as long as I keep myself healthy and in Hawaii.

I do really want to put songs and stories about all this out there, though.
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

PostSubject: Re: Embracing the Avatar self   Embracing the Avatar self EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:34 am

Quote :
And now I'm left wondering, "Now what? What am I supposed to do? What's the point of being here?"

I'm on that same page =\

Interesting, Scratch, and nice to see that the local royals still are getting in touch with you about your purpose and whatnot. "Release the demons" huh? Hmmm *scratches chin*...

Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

PostSubject: Re: Embracing the Avatar self   Embracing the Avatar self EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:29 pm

Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so you shall become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be, your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil.

Ouza
lol!
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Embracing the Avatar self   Embracing the Avatar self EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:45 pm

I have been thinking 'what now' for a long time. I have been trying to get out there, telling peole my store, writing the truth into my stories and the frustrating facts is that although people are reacting strongly to my stories and the messages in them they really are not picking up on anything in them or seeing any truth in there. Meh

So.... what now?
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

PostSubject: Re: Embracing the Avatar self   Embracing the Avatar self EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 5:54 pm

Then we go back to fixing one's self for that, is what the creation expects of us all !!! Right ???
And besides no one can come back and say to our faces that we didn't ever really do anything or even try to rally for change!

Ouza
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Embracing the Avatar self   Embracing the Avatar self EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm

True
Back to top Go down
sagehawk

sagehawk

PostSubject: Re: Embracing the Avatar self   Embracing the Avatar self EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:36 pm

I know this topic is a bit old but I can relate, and may even have an answer to the 'what do why do now?' part.

Through my awakening signs and arrows kept leading me back to "you are a goddess" so I sort of just accepted that and have moved on. At first though I was quite obsessed with nailing down 'which' goddess I was and what my 'pupose' was... then I realized how completely and udderly human I sounded. Laughing

So in that moment I realized that the details didnt matter of who I was text book wise... humans mess up god patheons so much it would be impossible... they have made frankin-gods out of all the myths around. You cant tell Lucifer from Aphrodite if you try. Such a mess.

Anyways, so then I was left with 'whats my purpose?' and I thought... I AM A FREAKIN GODDESS! What do I want my purpose to be? My higher self said 'Help People'. Thats simple. In fact I believe thats everyones purpose god or not. I felt like in order to raise the frequency of this planet, I should chose a job that gets rid of bad karma between people. So I am going to be a forensic pathologist and help solve peoples murders.

Setting up a temple and gaining fallowers seemed like a down right distraction. I felt that 'i've been there, done that, didnt work out to well.' type of deal...

the second part of the purpose was simply to just experience... Earth is such a unique place, with so much to learn. To be able to come here with the slate clean, and go through 3D.... its like nothing else I've done and its helped me learn more about myself and about the new race in the universe(humans). I love people watching, so why not be one first hand?
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

PostSubject: Re: Embracing the Avatar self   Embracing the Avatar self EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:51 pm

Those are very astute observations. You tapped into some larger truths by tapping into your own core self. That's something that we all can appreciate.
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Embracing the Avatar self   Embracing the Avatar self EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:44 pm

A very interesting observation. You can learn a lot by watching. I've been watching for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Lili'el

Lili'el

PostSubject: Re: Embracing the Avatar self   Embracing the Avatar self EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 5:38 am

I liked what sage hawk said, especially since there is a reoccurring theme in my life in regards "choose your purpose don't let others choose it for you" . I let this happen many times and only disaster followed...every time.

As for "what do I want my purpose to be" I always felt the desire, love and passion in creating through in artistic median. With having such close affiliations with death and rebirth, I actually didn't even think too much about the "life" aspect. I feel kind of silly now.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

PostSubject: Re: Embracing the Avatar self   Embracing the Avatar self EmptyThu May 19, 2016 11:25 pm

Dear Lili"el

Looking back on what you shared before is for me so very true.  I somehow look to what death has and will entail for me and others.  And just that is that I can do to share and care with my own Life's meaning right now.

Funny isn't it!  this getting old sort of thingy... Oh well... what the heck!   Smile

Ousa lol!
Back to top Go down
Lili'el

Lili'el

PostSubject: Re: Embracing the Avatar self   Embracing the Avatar self EmptyFri May 20, 2016 12:28 am

To many death is merely the next great adventure, as JK Rowling said. I'm curious to, but not to the point that I forget to keep living my life.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

PostSubject: Re: Embracing the Avatar self   Embracing the Avatar self EmptyFri May 20, 2016 2:14 pm

You share so much truth with those words thankyou!  Namaste <3

Ousa Smile
Back to top Go down
Lili'el

Lili'el

PostSubject: Re: Embracing the Avatar self   Embracing the Avatar self EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:42 pm

Thank you Ousa Very Happy I feel that fiction and in "children's stories" that there a lot of what Sidon to be gleaned. Avatar: The Last Airbender is a good example since we're talking about Avatars. Aang, the main, character asked his past life named Yangchen what the point of the Avatar reincarnating into a human. Couldn't they just incarnate into some all powerful being? She tells Aang that the Avatar must experience human life and emotions, such as sadness, anger, joy, and happiness, in order to learn how precious human life is and therefore understand the need to protect it. Thus, with every reincarnation, the spirit of the Avatar comes closer to fully comprehending what it truly means to be human.

That's what I think I'm here for: to be human.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Embracing the Avatar self   Embracing the Avatar self Empty

Back to top Go down

Embracing the Avatar self
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Otherkin :: Starkin, Masters & Ascended Humans-
Jump to: