HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The War from a different perspective

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ari'el
Ari'el

The War from a different perspective Empty
PostSubject: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:27 pm

When Ishtahar ascended and formed her connection with the Source, everything changed. The Source had wanted humans to ascend and be equal to Shadow. But it was too soon. The Source wasn’t ready and the addition of human energy changed things so much and so quickly that it broke the links with the Shadow. Had more human energy been added before it was ready, the Source, our manifestation of it, would have been severely altered and hurt, possibly beyond repair. However, had the Source had more time, had it been ready, and had the change been more gradual, the Source would have openly accepted human ascension, changed subtly, and the links with Shadow would have remained intact.

The Shadow had no idea what had happened. The breaking of the links hurt them more than anyone would have known, as though a small piece of each of their souls had been ripped out. Their links to the knowledge and power of the Universe had been broken. They were lost and vulnerable. They were furious.

From what I can remember, the Shadow hierarchy is composed of a number of different factions, each with its ranking officials. The Council was composed of a member from each of these factions, but they were often outranked by others in their own faction. The Council was the Face of Shadow Power, but there were others behind the scenes who liked to pull the strings.

When the links to the Source were broken, the Council and the higher ups of each faction did everything they could to reconnect to the Source. They tried ascending themselves. They tried to force a connection between themselves and the Source. Their attempts were painful for both themselves and for the Source, but nothing worked.

In their pain and their desperation, it was just another slap in the face to see that their brothers were marrying the very humans that had caused their links to break in the first place. They felt that they had to act. They could not be seen like this, and they certainly couldn’t let their enemies find out that they had become so gravely weakened and vulnerable. That is when the punishments began.

Although I was a member of the Council, they often went over my head or behind my back. Iscarion, higher-up officials in the factions, and possibly others, simply felt that I, and some other members of the Council, simply didn’t need to know. They left us out of the loop only to turn around and tell us what to do.

When Semyazza came back with his army we were sent out in full force to squash any and all hints of rebellion. We met on a cliff that overlooked a valley and a village to discuss and carry out our battle plans. There were roughly 7 or 8 of us, each with our own army. I did not want to be there, I doubt that any of us really did. My emotions had been turned off. I was cold, calculating, and fierce. Deep below the surface I felt regret, guilt and sadness.

Semyazza had been out away from the lands of Eden, organizing and collecting followers. I saw his forces moving below a cliff or through a pass. He and his army of Shadow and people were brave, determined and passionate, and they fought for what they believed in. Sadly, they didn't stand a chance. The War ended quickly. It was a massacre. Innocent people slaughtered, friends and family killed. The War was unnecessary and wrong.

After the War there were still Nephilim that survived, they were the children of unions between Shadow and Human. Some of these Nephilim could not handle the intense Shadow energy in their veins and had become monstrous, some of these even turned to fight on the side of the Shadow hierarchy, against their own families. The Shadow even created their own monsters to hunt down these children. These Shadow were cowards, too afraid to soil their own hands in a fight.

I think that I, and others, left the ranks of the Shadow altogether shortly after the War. We were torn apart on the inside from having killed our own brothers, and the thought of helping the Shadow Hierarchy hunt down innocent children was too horrifying to bear. I was despondent, alone, and cloaked in blood. I wandered like this for a long time.

Those that remained of the Council and the leaders of the factions finally realized what they had done and were utterly ashamed. They were never able to reconnect their links to the Source, despite all their efforts. Eventually it too, our physical manifestation of the Source, split and left. The Shadow fell apart. Their once magnificent and beautiful world is now left in a state of death and decay.
Back to top Go down
http://draconic-fire.deviantart.com
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:17 pm

Many thank for that perspective Ari'el, but it makes me wonder, how widespread was the knowledge that in total 4 humans had been ascended? Ish wasn't the only one, but she was the only woman and the only one who could give birth to ascended children.

Az

https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Ari'el
Ari'el

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 6:47 pm

You're welcome.
Az, its odd, I didn't know that there were four, but when you mentioned it, it was like I already knew. I'm not sure if it's because I was somehow aware of it back then or if I had read mention of it here on the forum or elsewhere.
But to get back to your question; I think that only those Shadow and Humans who were involved with the ascensions knew about it, though it's possible they told others. It was definitely a secret from the Shadow society at large and definitely from the Council and other ranking officials. I don't think anyone really knew what was going on until the links broke. I'm unsure if they felt a subtle change when the first three were ascended, but if anyone did they didn't know what was causing it, and possibly weren't paying much attention to it.. Because... I feel like because their links to the Source had changed subtly before and nothing bad had come of it.
Back to top Go down
Dani'el

Dani'el

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Quote :
Although I was a member of the Council, they often went over my head or behind my back. Iscarion, higher-up officials in the factions, and possibly others, simply felt that I, and some other members of the Council, simply didn’t need to know. They left us out of the loop only to turn around and tell us what to do.

I actually have a memory of myself raging at the Iscarion after the accession of Enoch. He was standing there, in front of me, cold as ice, like that we were having the friendliest conversation there is. On the other hand, I was completely pissed off. I was yelling something along the lines "How could you done that? How could you possibly done something like that, you idiots?!!!" I even think that my eyes went from blue to red, if something like that is possible. I cannot say with absolute certainty that it was Enoch, but that is the name that comes to my mind when I think about that event. I don't know what were my thoughts on the idea of ascending humans in general, but if I was asked about my opinion on this particular case, it obviously wasn't taken in consideration.
Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:55 pm

I think it could be very possible for your eyes to change color like that, Dani'el.

I don't know how I missed this post of yours for so long, Ari'el, but these things happen sometimes. Thanks so much for that perspective. It really helped explain to me why I was supposedly the big terrible leader of the army of darkness, according to the old stories, when all my memories tell me I actually had no part in this war. In fact, I intentionally allowed my power to be taken, and exiled myself, before the violence started. Lucifer was already long gone by the time Semayaza was leading his army, but he and I were so close as angels, some people seem to have trouble telling us apart.

A lot of other things were cleared up by this as well, but that detail was the only one I know how to express yet.
Back to top Go down
Ari'el
Ari'el

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 6:31 am

Dani'el, was Iscarion the one who decided that Enoch should be ascended?
Was Enoch the one who became Metatron? I don't think I was very fond of him for whatever reason. And besides, his name sounds like a transformer robot :-p

You're welcome, Scratch Smile. Of course I'd be interested to hear what else it cleared up for you, whenever you figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 8:00 am

Oh Ari'el! Thanks for the laugh!! I wonder what industrial vehicle Metatron would turn into?
Back to top Go down
Ari'el
Ari'el

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Lol! I don't know, he'd probably turn into something big and bulky.

Dani'el, what do you remember about the Iscarion? (putting the word 'the' in front actually makes a lot of sense somehow)
Back to top Go down
Dani'el

Dani'el

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:54 pm

I can’t tell you much about Iscarion, except that he was cold and calculating. Those are the words that come to my mind when I think about him. I can’t even remember how he looked like or how I found out about the accession in the first place, but my anger was definitely directed at him, which makes sense if he was the one directly responsible for the accession.

I think that I have read somewhere on this forum that the Enoch was the one who eventually become Metatron, but I think that you should ask someone else if you want to know more about him. I personally don’t have any memories of him for now.
Back to top Go down
Gabri'el

Gabri'el

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:17 am

Cold and calculating is right... and if my memory of him is correct Iscarion had blond hair and cold ice blue eyes and wore black... and always walked like he had something rammed up his ass... which apparently he did.

One memory I have of him is me standing before him and he was seated at the council table, his feet were propped up on the table itself and he had his hands folded in his lap, he had asked me to do perform some horrible task (not sure what exactly) but I stood there with the expression of "you're *#@#+*^ kidding right?????

All he did was flash that ice cold smile of his
Back to top Go down
Ari'el
Ari'el

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 3:18 pm

*snarls* what an asshole. Let me guess, it was his head that was shoved up his ass.
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:07 pm

Sorry but I have to snigger at that. It's true for so many of the Council
Back to top Go down
Gabri'el

Gabri'el

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:31 am

Ari'el - LOL geek

Ish - Hmmm I didn't act like that did I????? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:52 am

Gabe and Ari, thanks for the laugh. He'll have a lot worse up there, if I ever see that bastard again. Twisted Evil

That's how I remember him too, btw. I see him in a white robe, but wearing it as if to demonstrate how "pure" was was.
Back to top Go down
Gabri'el

Gabri'el

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:10 am

Yeah a "pure" piece of s**t .... I remember him wearing a white robe, for some reason I want to say he wore it for ceremonial purposes *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:07 am

That sounds right to me. Don't know what the ceremony would have been, but wondering makes me growl somewhere deep down.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 1:14 pm

His name was Arus and he owned us all lock stock and barrel!

Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 5:38 pm

Again Ouza, speak for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 6:58 pm

You are doing it again. If you still have that feeling that I'm shoveling this down your throats. Must I always attach a comment below reaffirming that this is simply my own thoughts would that stay you?
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:50 pm

Quote :
"he owned us all lock stock and barrel"

If in fact that is what you are referring to... One thing he could never count on was time being his/her worst enemy and that someday we would all have the chance to kick him in the ass for destroying those that we so preciously loved! I say again he thought that it was his court and yes we were being destroyed but let me remind you about cause and effect. What goes around comes around there is no love or understanding and forgiveness for him here! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:12 pm

Yes, I am doing it again, because the way you state things makes it sound like that. As long as we all have the right to our own opinions, as you do to yours.

It sounded to me like you were in support of him, and that. I'm very glad if I was mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:13 pm

Your were mistaken I love you
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:12 pm

I'm pleased that, in a round about way, that the message has come across that the views expressed here are personal view points. So I can add my own here...... no one owned me. Period.

Az

https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Ashtart

Ashtart

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:35 am

Iscarion had blond hair... I never saw him in black. As Scratch mentioned, his white robes reinforced the image of purity.
Back to top Go down
Zionis

Zionis

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 2:48 pm

Ari'el wrote:
I think that I, and others, left the ranks of the Shadow altogether shortly after the War. We were torn apart on the inside from having killed our own brothers

This part brought tears to my eyes because this is what I remembered first this is why I harbored hatred for Micha'el for so long. I remember during the war I chose no side I wanted it all to stop, that we could of taken a better way. Instead one of my own brothers tried to end me. To top that two of Michael's men slaughtered the two I would say my daughters due to the elven race we let reside outside the city and with one gave me two daughters. This wasn't against the rules I dont think because we were at the time also trying to create peace with them, but during the war his two men killed them..dead. Jophiel laid there with them in his arms, my rage over flowed and my thoughts went one one thing...I ended them in my rage my own brothers even though I wanted it all to end I participated in the same act that wouldnt of helped. I hated Michael because I thought he instructed this because I refused to take his side in the war. Typing this makes me remember and my hands shaking...but Raphi'el healed me, but I never felt the same after..I talked to Michael and Jophiel before I left...I just had to get away I don't remember what we talked about, but I just..it all still hurts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The War from a different perspective   The War from a different perspective Empty

Back to top Go down

The War from a different perspective
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Shadow of the Fallen Website :: Remeniscences :: Events-
Jump to: