HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What am I?

Go down 
+2
Razi'el
DylanC
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DylanC

DylanC

What am I? Empty
PostSubject: What am I?   What am I? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 9:01 am

The title of this post is a question many of us ask and I ask this because something very strange happened about a month ago.

I was in a park with a friend, in this park live a herd of deer lead by a stag, there are a few other animals aswell. so anyway I was feeding the deer carrots when the stag came up to me, i looked into his eyes and felt his leadership, then all of a sudden he bowed to me, as if he was respecting me, I then fed him and walked away.

A little later on I went to a party at a friends house, a good friend of mine came up to me and she said, I know i've seen you with wings but has anyone ever seen you with stag antlers? what a coincidence i thought. I told her about the stag in the park and she found it strange and told me that that is what she saw on me and that she had no idea what it meant.

So now i'm here... with wings, okay so one of them is a little beaten up, and stag antlers? what the hell kind of creature has wings and antlers? I did some research and found that nobility in the ancient world would often be crowned with horns. aside from the obvious ties to horned gods I have no idea what to make of this...
Back to top Go down
Razi'el
Razi'el

What am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I?   What am I? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 8:57 pm

Well, Dylan, first off, it's very good to meet you!

second, it may not be quite as clear cut as that. Our souls travel very far in terms of time, and you may have been several different things before becoming who you are now. for example, i have been a dragon, a wolf, an angel, or as we call them around here, Shadow, so it's entirely possible you may have been both a Shadow and a Stag at some point!

Sincerely,
Razi'el
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

What am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I?   What am I? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 10:35 pm

Perhaps it is time for you to begin looking at your connections to the Gods, in particular the Horned God, as you mention, and perhaps you will gain some insight into the origins of the Shadow and our deeper heritage

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

What am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I?   What am I? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:58 pm

In my experience things that we think are quite separate sometimes aren't.

The horned god is a very poweful image but, at the end of the day it is a symbol for something deeper and more powerful. Maybe if you start looking into what lies behind the figure it might make things clearer
Back to top Go down
DylanC

DylanC

What am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I?   What am I? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 6:45 pm

thank you for the replies, makes sense. I don't have a very good connection with the god aspect, especially not in myself. I think it's time I explore that side.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

What am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I?   What am I? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 7:40 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here perhaps your small remover of obstacles is in fact the answer behind the question. Interpret it as you will. I also assume you are aware of how Genesha was born!

"A lesser known story from the Brahma Vaivarta Purana narrates a different version of Ganesha's birth. On the insistence of Shiva, Parvati fasted for a year (punyaka vrata) to propitiate Vishnu so that he would grant her a son. Lord Vishnu, after the completion of the sacrifice, announced that he would incarnate himself as her son in every kalpa (eon). Accordingly, Krishna was born to Parvati as a charming infant. This event was celebrated with great enthusiasm and all the gods were invited to take a look at the baby. However Shani (Saturn), the son of Surya, hesitated to look at the baby since Shani was cursed with the gaze of destruction. However Parvati insisted that he look at the baby, which Shani did, and immediately the infant's head fell off and flew to Goloka. Seeing Shiva and Parvati grief-stricken, Vishnu mounted on Garuda, his divine eagle, and rushed to the banks of the Pushpa-Bhadra river, from where he brought back the head of a young elephant. The head of the elephant was joined with the headless body of Parvati's son, thus reviving him. The infant was named Ganesha and all the Gods blessed Ganesha and wished Him power and prosperity."

Ouza Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

What am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I?   What am I? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:57 am

Interestin. Stupid parents. Serve them right to be left with a son with an elephant head.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

What am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I?   What am I? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 pm

The mother Parvati was guilty of the sins of both pride and envy which she should have taken into consideration the overall future of the child's safety and well being!

Although a metaphor parents being too prideful can and are in fact often blind to see the overall picture of there children's future well being and overlook the consequences that may entail due to there lack of perspective.

Yes she goofed up! But I wouldn't want to throw stones at her for it!

Ouza Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

What am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I?   What am I? EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:05 am

I appreciate the metaphor but I'm not sure I agree. I don't think a loving parent would deliberately expose their child to extreme danger when it is clearly known to them.
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

What am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I?   What am I? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Aloha Dylan

I wonder how your exploration of that event is taking you? In any case, as I read your account it seemed that it is possible that it was not a revelation of your potential so much as a metaphoric event. The spirit world of the animals is close to my world, the Sidhe side and we/they tend to communicate in metaphors as much as anything. So, I would "steer" lol away from the interpretation that you literally have horns (unless you still feel horns.......????) and towards the possibility that it was indeed a message from the natural world to yours, an honor they wished to boon on you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What am I? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I?   What am I? Empty

Back to top Go down

What am I?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Putting The Pieces Together :: Body & Soul-
Jump to: