HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Heavy Heart

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Ankh

Blue Ankh

A Heavy Heart Empty
PostSubject: A Heavy Heart   A Heavy Heart EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:40 am

I've wanted to be able to find a discussion forum relating to being Therian for such a long time, now. I've lived with being compared to a member of the feline family my entire life, and I've only just begun to see how similar I am to cats. I thought it was just me, but other people have constantly pointed it out to me. I discovered what Therians are through some old friends and knew from the way that they were talking about it, that I was a part of that family. I've lost those friends since, and I've missed trying to connect with people that share that aspect of themself.

I haven't really had the chance to talk about this with anyone yet, and I was hoping someone could share their experiences with me? I'm used to being on my own, but these past months have been too difficult for even me to understand. I thought I was in love, but I was once again betrayed. I am extremely loyal and forgiving, so I couldn't understand how manipulative people around me were being and lost focus of where I should be directing my attention the most. As a part of the panther family, I learned never to trust a wolf.

So, I also ask, are wolves always so manipulative and untrustworthy?

-Blue
Back to top Go down
Capsha

Capsha

A Heavy Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Heavy Heart   A Heavy Heart EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:06 pm

Blue Ankh wrote:
So, I also ask, are wolves always so manipulative and untrustworthy?

-Blue

No, a persons kintype doesn't reflect on them as a person. Saying that wolf therians are manipulative and untrustworthy would mean that angelics would be goody-two-shoes and demons are evil, dark, nasty people Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.kemetic-claudia.blogspot.com
Veil

Veil

A Heavy Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Heavy Heart   A Heavy Heart EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:09 pm

I agree, with a caveat. I would say it doesn't necessarily reflect on them as a person, but it can. Am I saying all wolf kin are manipulative and untrustworthy? No, but I have noticed a tendency for the ones not used to being around people very much, to become that way. Perhaps due to wolves being used to packs, so in human context they don't know what to do, and end up making a bit of an emotional mess? I don't know, it's just an idea. Then again, my kin type tends to manifest (for me at least), as a panther-like creature. So that might be coloring my own reactions to them as well. I'd encourage you not to let one incident of a bad wolf prevent you from liking everyone of that kin type, particularly since there are so many of them out in the kin community.
Back to top Go down
http://thegrayveil.blogspot.com
Razi'el
Razi'el

A Heavy Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Heavy Heart   A Heavy Heart EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:13 am

well, i've had firsthand experience with this one, guys, lol.

when i first awakened as an otherkin, i started out as a wolf kin. long story short, i found out that wasn't all i was, but it was the first thing i had felt, with the ears and the tail. and i can say i have never to my knowledge, nor with malice aforethought, been manipulative; angsty, sure, maybe a little temperamental, but what teenager isn't, right?

in actuality, most wolves (and canines in general) i have known have an instinct to be very social, group oriented people, who would do almost anything for those they held dear. of course, you have the pack dynamics that begin to shine through, with the alphas and betas and omegas, but that's only if those instincts go unchecked (once again, in my experience, i can't speak for anyone else). i'm sorry the one you met was such a problem for you, and i sincerely hope any other wolves you meet treat you to a good ol' fashioned happy canine greeting, tails up and ears perked! =3
Back to top Go down
Blue Ankh

Blue Ankh

A Heavy Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Heavy Heart   A Heavy Heart EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:33 am

I must say, I came off extremely bitter and biased, and I apologize! I didn't actually mean to infer that all wolf kin are manipulative...I wonder if because I'm technically more of a feline, that he didn't accept me as he would another wolf? I don't know...I do know that his "mate" is a feline, so my confusion line was drawn...I would have liked to discuss how I feel about the panther side of me with him more, but he's a part of my past, now, unfortunately. I'm usually alright with the whole independent thing, but I'm also confused as to why I feel so lost at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

A Heavy Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Heavy Heart   A Heavy Heart EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:47 am

Hi Blue Ankh, and welcome to the forum. If you'd like to make an intro post in our introductions section we can all welcome you more formally and lavish you with chocolate. It's kind of a tradition that you're missin out on Smile

My experience matches that of Raz, and I agree with what everyone has said. I don't think that's there's any particular reason why feline and wolf wouldn't get along. You also mentioned that his mate is feline. Could there be a non-kin related reason why you don't get along? Some people are just manipulative, and some don't match.

Ash
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Heavy Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Heavy Heart   A Heavy Heart Empty

Back to top Go down

A Heavy Heart
Page 1 of 1