HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Balancers-What I Remember

Go down 
+3
Ishtahar
Azaz'el
Seraphyna
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Seraphyna

Seraphyna

Balancers-What I Remember Empty
PostSubject: Balancers-What I Remember   Balancers-What I Remember EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Balancers are beings whose task it is to maintain as much of a balance as possible between order and chaos across all planes/realms/etc. in the multiverse. They are described as everything and nothing and whatever they decide we are and they tend to be polymorphic. My theory on their forms is that they have one dominant form for each element including light and dark/shadow. Their forms are mainly used to appear to other beings in a physical sense to influence them one way or another. While they are all polymorphic energy beings, the core “type” they identify with may or may not be the same. How they appear to the physical planes is by condensing their energy to appear physical, while in actuality they are not.

Balance is most often achieved by directly going to a plane/realm/etc., and appearing to choice individuals to thereby influence them in the hope that they would eventually come to produce a desired result. It’s kind of like how people here on earth might see an angel or the Virgin Mary and then become a “holy person,” lending guidance to others, leading them toward order. On the other hand, they might see a “satanic” apparition and lead people toward chaos.

So what do I mean by balance? Balance is not a state of half order half chaos. It is not static, but fluid. Balance is forever shifting and changing. The aim is for neither order nor chaos to become so dominant that it threatens to take over. There must be a good amount of both in order for something to be balanced. There is chaos in order and order in chaos and too much of one is never a good thing. If one were to take over, the plane/realm/etc. would implode and existence would cease to exist. The preservation of existence is their purpose.

They have an innate knowledge of what balance is, so the best answer I can give to “how do you know what needs doing” is that they are linked directly to the universal consciousness and thus know what is in balance and what is not. They are servants of the universe, not of a deity or some more specific being, but the All/Source/Universe Itself. They also aren’t given exact instructions, but instead are directed as to what is out of balance. How they deal with it is up to them.

In the way of influencing individuals, advice is all it takes for some people, an apparition is all it takes for others, and, for some, direct contact (sometimes even destruction of the individual) is necessary. It is not about getting beings to “worship” anything or anyone, just to influence certain individuals enough to then promote order or disorder…whichever was needed at the time. I don’t mean to say that balance is maintained in every plane/realm/etc. they visit. It isn’t. The goal is not to maintain balance in every single place in the multiverse, but to maintain some kind of equilibrium in the multiverse as a whole. If one realm is total chaos, there is another that is total order to balance it out.

So how do they go about direct contact. They will take a form that they find to be more relatable, fearsome, etc. whatever suits their needs. They will then appear to the individual in that form and enter conversation if necessary. In more extreme cases, direct possession is required (though this course is avoided as much as possible to preserve free will) and in the most dire situations, the death of an individual may be called for.

I’m not sure how many of them exist…though 13 strikes me as the correct number. They were created at the beginning of “Time”…once energy became ordered enough to form the universe, life, souls. They also don’t have the same forms, other than winged humanoid (they all have a form like that). They tend to call the Silver City “home,” spending most of their time there in a state of condensed energy, usually to a winged humanoid form. The City is a realm much like earth in its lush, more jungle-like stage. There are trees, waterfalls, dense growth, the City itself sitting atop the largest waterfall with the river running through it. However, it is not a physical place but one of highly condensed energy. It is basically as physical as energy gets without being truly physical like the keyboard I’m typing on. Otherwise, they are rather formless, existing where they desire in what form they desire (or no form at all).

They also do not work alone. While there are only so many Balancers proper, there are individuals across all planes who they work with. Their ambassadors so to speak. Maintaining universal balance is not such an easy task even for versatile beings such as they are. They do have help. That is why you will probably come across individuals in the otherkin community identifying as physical beings who do their work. They are not balancers, but may very well be (and probably are) linked to them.

They were forbidden to love, for love destroys neutrality. Thus, they were betrothed to other beings, not necessarily other balancers. What I mean by love is that all encompassing feeling that someone is your “other half”. The kind of love where you put everything else’s welfare below that one individual. To feel that kind of love is, for a Balancer, counterproductive to their roles. Therefore, all measures are taken to avoid it. They also did not often use a spoken language, but instead were telepathically linked. They could shut the other Balancers out, even to some degree shut out the Source Itself. For communication, however, they could send our thoughts to each other rendering spoken communication irrelevant. They were capable of it however, and it is more of a sing-song energy vibration type of language, definitely not remotely reproducible by human vocal cords. They had no tools, no clothing, no food. As energetic beings they can appear how they want, where they want, wearing what they want, etc. There is no need for the same things that physical beings require.

I have never met an incarnated Balancer (to my knowledge), but they do incarnate as their job takes a toll. They have free will, but their job (what they were created for) does not allow for the same freedoms as most other beings in the multiverse enjoy. Thus, they do get to take the occasional vacation, mostly when one of them clearly burns out.

What about free will you might ask. Look at it this way: Balancer is not only a job title, it is what they are. What they were created for. A human example would be if one was born a lawyer. It would not only be a job title, but a personal descriptor. Lawyer would be what you are as well as what you do. Can they request to change jobs? Yes. Could we request to be “recycled,” to be created as something new? Yes. Would they? Probably not. Balancer is what they are, what they were made for. Doing what they do is not only all they know, but fulfilling one’s purpose gives an individual deep satisfaction and joy. So what I’m really trying to say is they want to do it and in a way have a need to as well. They are not slaves, servants, etc. They are more than willing.

So what kind of “power” does it take to do their job? Well, I describe them as such: look at the multiverse as an infinitely faced diamond. Each facet is a realm/plane. The carbon bonds are the Source/All/etc., the bonds are what make a diamond a diamond. Balancers tend to the molecules of the diamond so it remains a diamond and does not fall apart. They are powerful, I won’t try to play that down. They are more powerful than every other being in the multiverse save the Source/All/etc. They have to be. They require the ability to terminate any being in existence if it is called for, so they must contain vast sources of energy that rival every being save their Creator.

All of this being said, I am aware that it is through a human lens and thus tainted by my experiences, biology, understandings, basically by being human. Something non-physical mimicking the physical is not the same. The City is not atop a waterfall as we humans know them, but the energetic equivalent. If a human being viewed both, they would notice no difference; however, they are not the same.

So here ends my article on what Balancers are. I call them complicated polymorphic energy thingies, and I think it’s a pretty apt description.
Back to top Go down
http://child0fbalance.livejournal.com
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

PostSubject: Re: Balancers-What I Remember   Balancers-What I Remember EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:11 pm

I wonder, do we have any incarnate Balancers amongst the knowledge of the members of this forum?

I ask this as I can't help but be curious as to what they think or feel regarding the Fall that took place for the Grigori. The roles between Balancers and Shadow seem to be quite blurred as what Seraphyna has described is very similar to the work, rules and lores for the Shadow. Yet we 'broke' the bonds that governed us and loved and followed our emotions. Such a titanic shift in the 'rules' set down to maintain balance must have caused ripples somewhere.

The only possible way it couldn't would be if, as I increasingly suspect, the Fall was part of the 'plan' laid down in the very fabric of the Universe by the Source itself.

I would very much like to know the view of any Balancers or those who commune with them.

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Balancers-What I Remember   Balancers-What I Remember EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 11:42 pm

Balance is a strange thing. It is something to strive for but is it really a good thing to maintain.
Back to top Go down
Myth

Myth

PostSubject: Re: Balancers-What I Remember   Balancers-What I Remember EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:45 am

While I can't claim to know anything about Balancers since this is the first I've heard of them, I do feel a propensity toward them based on your post. In any conflict, even my own when I have been greatly wronged, my mind always goes straight to the middle. The middle is balance. Who knows... maybe I've worked in this field before. Very Happy I am described as a very "even keel" person, and I do not show my emotions often. But... though I'm not an emotional person, I feel things very deeply. I just tend to look past the emotions, to the root of the problem, maybe to make sense of it. Emotions are fickle things, really. Personally I also have a tendency to put up barriers between myself and others, especially the people I love. My husband calls me "hard" but I'm not hard... not really. I just tend to always go for that middle ground, the Balance.

Who said, "Balance is easily gained but not easily maintained"? That's the rub, isn't it?

Myth
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Balancers-What I Remember   Balancers-What I Remember EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:38 pm

Personally I don't think that balance SHOULD be maintained. If everthing was in balance then there would be stagnation. It's in the stirving that true vitality and originality is found. Chaos bring birth, innovation, creation.

I do strive for balance, I do always try to find the middle way and I usually am able to see it but.. heck I am one chaotic babe at heart Smile
Back to top Go down
Ehaz

Ehaz

PostSubject: Re: Balancers-What I Remember   Balancers-What I Remember EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:29 pm

I was thinking about balancers for a few days now, if I might have anything in common with them. The description suits to more creatures I can think of.

But I can also find myself in that description. I know I was told that I was a vampyre..But as a time went by I started to realise more differences and now I know Im not a vampyre. So Im searching for new information.

So to balancers.... My form in astral plane is humanoid with wings. What our race is doing, is keeping order, (balance). If there is something happening that need to be stoped, we intervene. Since I awakened, I was "fighting" against creatures that was trying to do something to broke the balance. For example, invoking demons, doing rituals, demons that were trying to go to plane they were not supposed to be, etc. I was always working on orders, visions or dreams. I was never told exactly what to do, I somehow knew what to do. I never work alone, there is more of us, and when I need to do something, I always have someone to "work" with. I have different opinion about free will than other kins I spoke to. For me no creature has free will in astral plane (on Earth they do). And since I awakened, it seems like love is avoiding me, like there is something more important that find a life partner.

The only thing that sounds unfamiliar is the Silver City. The decsription doesnt remind me of anything. But I was thinking, if the city is pure energy, it might look different to everyone. Im not sure, maybe I will just find out about this.

Im not sure now If this all could be right, or I just wish it to be right so it does make sense to me.

Can you let me know what do you think about this? Can it be? I will appreciate your responces.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

PostSubject: Re: Balancers-What I Remember   Balancers-What I Remember EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 4:44 pm

Dearest Ehaz and all,

Know anything about weaving ???

Weaving is the textile art in which two distinct sets of yarns or threads, called the warp and the filling or weft (older woof), are interlaced with each other to form a fabric or cloth. Which strengthens and binds!

Balancers-What I Remember 220px-Kette_und_Schu%C3%9F

Now take that one step further and apply it to us all!

Ouza

p.s. Yes Az, it was planned from the beginning as you will soon see my brother!
Back to top Go down
Veil

Veil

PostSubject: Re: Balancers-What I Remember   Balancers-What I Remember EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 7:19 pm

Myth wrote:
In any conflict, even my own when I have been greatly wronged, my mind always goes straight to the middle. The middle is balance. I am described as a very "even keel" person, and I do not show my emotions often. But... though I'm not an emotional person, I feel things very deeply. I just tend to look past the emotions, to the root of the problem, maybe to make sense of it. Personally I also have a tendency to put up barriers between myself and others, especially the people I love. My husband calls me "hard" but I'm not hard... not really. I just tend to always go for that middle ground, the Balance.

Who said, "Balance is easily gained but not easily maintained"? That's the rub, isn't it?

Myth
I can definitely relate to this. Not to sound dramatic or anything, but I tend to think there has been some form of force keeping me from permanent connections. My parents divorced when I was an infant, my mother gave me to my grandparents to raise when she fell ill, and my dad didn't want me. My grandparents were abusive, and wanted to see me to boarding school due to my mouth (I got good grades, never did drugs or alcohol, so I was actually a good kid). My mom didn't try to get me back until I was almost 13, and both of my adult relationships have ended because of my self imposed emotional barrier.

Yes, some would say the emotional barriers in partnerships are the result of being unwanted/pawned off on other people during my formative years. The thing is though, I was like this from birth. My mom and sister detail how I never wanted to be held, and until I was almost 10, it was believed I might be a highly functioning autistic (for various reasons, not just the hands-off attitude). My grandmother always called me cold, as have my partners, but I've always just considered myself even keel. My family, friends, and partners tend to be very passionate types, and those kinds of people eventually make me tired. I keep waiting for them to grow out of the stage I feel they are in, and even though I can feel deeply, I don't let it interfere with keeping things balanced.

As it relates to Otherkin, I feel I was part of a pair. I remember him, just as I remember me, but we weren't romantically linked. He was more like the Fallen, and I was a big feline, both of us male. I feel it is him that visits me most often as part of the group of beings I've described on other posts, the beings the Greeks saw as Nyx, Thanatos, etc. That's the humanoid form they have chosen, and right now, I am stuck in this one. In our last incarnation, I think he was the female, and I was the male. So this is how we have to be this go around, and one of us always has to be on the more spiritual plane for balance to be achieved. We're working back to returning I think, I just don't know to what. What we were?
Back to top Go down
http://thegrayveil.blogspot.com
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Balancers-What I Remember   Balancers-What I Remember EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 12:16 am

I know that feeling and how hard it is.
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

PostSubject: Re: Balancers-What I Remember   Balancers-What I Remember EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 12:34 am

Dearest Veil,

An Orphic Hymn invoked Thanatos:

"To Thanatos, Fumigation from Manna. Hear me, O Thanatos, whose empire unconfined extends to mortal tribes of every kind. On thee the portion of our time depends, whose absence lengthens life, whose presence ends. Thy sleep perpetual bursts the vivid bolds by which the soul attracting the body holds : common to all, of every sex and age, for nought escapes thy all-destructive rage. Not youth itself thy clemency can gain, vigorous and strong, by thee untimely slain. In thee the end of nature’s works is known, in thee all judgment is absolved alone. No suppliant arts thy dreadful rage control, no vows revoke the purpose of thy soul. O blessed power, regard my ardent prayer, and human life to age abundant spare."

In later eras, as the transition from life to death in Elysium became a more attractive option, Thanatos came to be seen as a beautiful Ephebe. He became associated more with a gentle passing than a woeful demise. Many Roman sarcophagi depict him as a winged boy, very much akin to Cupid: "Eros with crossed legs and torch reversed became the commonest of all symbols for Death"

Thanatos has also been portrayed as a slumbering infant in the arms of his mother Nyx, or as a youth carrying a butterfly (the ancient Greek word "ψυχή" can mean soul orbutterfly, or life, amongst other things) or a wreath of poppies (poppies were associated with Hypnos and Thanatos because of their hypnogogic traits and the eventual death engendered by overexposure to them). He is often shown carrying an inverted torch (holding it upside down in his hands), representing a life extinguished. He is usually described as winged and with a sword sheathed at his belt. In Euripides' Alcestis (438 BCE), he is depicted dressed in black and carrying a sword. Thanatos was rarely portrayed in art without his twin brother Hypnos.

Modern renditions of Thanatos often assume the stereotypical cloaked and skeletal visage of the Grim Reaper.

Balancers-What I Remember 220px-Waterhouse-sleep_and_his_half-brother_death-1874

Hypnos and Thanatos, "Sleep and His Half-Brother Death" by John William Waterhouse, 1874

Ouza

How that life as fickle as it is has really fully changed all of us from that that we once truly were!
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Balancers-What I Remember   Balancers-What I Remember EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 2:13 pm

Awesome. I love the concept and the painting.
Back to top Go down
Veil

Veil

PostSubject: Re: Balancers-What I Remember   Balancers-What I Remember EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 6:27 pm

I love Waterhouse's work, and I used to have that painting on my website. I'm in the process of redoing it, but I opted not to put representations since I think it tends to give people preconceived notions.

If anyone else is interested in the topic of the family, check out theoi.com. They have great details, and every mention of each deity in Hellenic writings.
Back to top Go down
http://thegrayveil.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balancers-What I Remember   Balancers-What I Remember Empty

Back to top Go down

Balancers-What I Remember
Page 1 of 1