HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address

Go down 
+4
Seraphyna
Azaz'el
Ashtart
Gonzo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gonzo

Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address   Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Cool your jets, this isn't a suicide note.

I should explain something though. This board is about otherkin, inhuman souls trapped in human bodies. And it deals with all of that, plus otherwordly things.

To be perfectly blunt, I think it's all bullshit. But dont take it personally. Or, go ahead, if you really want to take it personally.

Yeah, I used to believe in it. I was happy to be a part of the culture. I was happy to be on boards liek this and hash it out spiritually whenever I could. But it didn't dawn on me what I really wanted from it:

1.) I wanted to become more than human.
2.) I wanted to kill God.
3.) I wanted to establish a new world either through benevolent diplomacy, or through an iron fist of absolute uncaring determination.

and a lot of other megalomaniacal aspirations. (moar liek "Ass-perations" amirite?)

Of course the whole endeavor was doomed to fail from the get go. Wanting to be more than human is a human desire. The drive to kill God is mired in human emotion (not to mention only Humans believe in God). Ditto for the brave new world.

And I'm getting premonitions of people wanting to argue with me about everything I've said up to this point. I ask that you hold your anger in check and read the rest.

Yeah, there might be something more to life besides having sex, getting high, making money, and listening to rock music - but why should I care?

I always said that I wanted to know the Truth. Attain enlightenment. Achieve Gnosis.

Well I did, and this all I got from it:

I hate the occult. Not in a witch-burning conservative way; I think it's a waste of effort, a waste of time, and better left to people who want to be "spiritual without being religious" (they mean the same thing). Magic has just eaten up so much of my resources. How many books have I bought on mysticism and the ancient practices? How many years of my life did I spend waiting for some apocalyptic event to come and change everything?

Too much. Far, far too much.

Books I can't return at this point. Time I'll never get back. And a sense of faith that is too cyncial to adhere to anything except a somber expression.

Magic. God(s), Goddesses, spirits, angels, dragons, demons, star children, indigo children, etc....

Drunken lullabies. Romantic ideas. But drunken lullabies.

I thought I had more to say on the subject, but oh well.

For those of you who want to take me to internet court for what I've said in this topic; grow up.

I've stated what I believe. And you'll state what you believe. But the truth is we found ourselves in the same, old mess; singing drunken lullabies.

I might float around for a while, but I'm cutting my losses and focusing on reality.

This is Dr. Gonzo, signing off.

Shine on you crazy diamonds.

tl;dr - bye
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address   Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:36 pm

I see! Well, those are all interesting points =). I think I will say only that I hope your path leads you to truth. It's my opinion that you are not likely to find truth anywhere, until you find it in yourself, though.

Fare well, take care, see you soon? =)

Angela
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address   Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:29 pm

Ah Gonzo, I think you perhaps don't know us as well as you believe you do. I can't see why anyone would want to rant or rave against what you have said, or take you to internet court. All who come to this forum are generally searching for information, their own personal truths and understanding of the life they lead. We hope to be able to offer some insights, or help, or just companionship along that path. We're not here to judge, to commend or castigate.... you are your own man my friend and I know what the posts you have made that your journey has been an eventful one.

I hope that we have been able to offer you some interesting conversation at times, and I wish you all the very best on the journey your life is now taking. We will be here should you ever wish to return and chew the fat, comment upon life and question the nature of spirituality.

Take care,

Az
Back to top Go down
https://fallenshadow.darkbb.com
Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address   Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:23 am

Azaz'el wrote:
I hope that we have been able to offer you some interesting conversation at times

No, not really.
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address   Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:19 pm

ROFLMAO

Thanks. Very Happy

Az
Back to top Go down
Seraphyna

Seraphyna

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address   Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:31 am

Those 3 things you wanted...are desires of an unhappy child. They have nothing to do with otherkin. Wishkin, yes, but "serious" otherkin? No.

*shrug*

You really didn't gain any understanding it would seem. Too bad.
Back to top Go down
http://child0fbalance.livejournal.com
Myth

Myth

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address   Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:42 am

You seem to revel in the act of getting the biggest shock value you can, Gonzo.

Actually nothing you said was particularly shocking. I think many, if not all, have felt this way (or similar) at some point in our lives. The problem is that the questions don't stop coming, even after a decision is made... even though we want them to stop. And even if we ignore them for a time. They always come back to bite you in the end. *shrugs* But we all need a break from it sometimes - time to just be the way we are, free from all the "noise".

FYI... I'm not otherkin. I never claimed to be anything other than human. And I do see validity in you points. They actually make perfect sense.

So, like I told you before, no judgments. Just stay safe. Wink Maybe we'll meet again one day on this journey of Life. If not, it's been nice knowing you.

Myth
Back to top Go down
Scratch

Scratch

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address   Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:14 am

Heh. Bye.
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address   Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:23 pm

I don't know whether you will be offended by this but your post made me smile.

I'm glad you felt safe to express yourself so forcefully and from the heart.

I am certainly not going to take offence or rant at you. You have the perfect and absolute right to feel whatever you want to feel and believe whatever you want to believe.

I'm just sad that you're leaving because I like you Smile

But it's your choice so be safe, be well, be happy

ish
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

PostSubject: Moderator post   Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 4:54 am

The last two posts have been relocated.

Angela
Back to top Go down
Azaz'el
Admin
Azaz'el

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address   Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:34 pm

Whilst every member has the freedom to post whatever is on their mind in this forum, bad language, bad attitude and any behaviour that could be seen as being offensive is not allowed.

You have said your farewell Gonzo, and by posting your most recent post, now removed, you've just speeded up your departure. We offered support and friendship, you've now turned that down. Bye!

This matter is now closed.

Az
Back to top Go down
Ousa

Ousa

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address   Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:50 pm

My Dearest Gonzo,

To say the least, I've been there, done that and still don't have all the answers but. I do know one thing running away from something is one thing but wanting it and then denying it is another!

As I've said in the past be always proud of who or what you feel you are. As of now we are all children of Gaia. As the song says we are only dust in the wind but yet, what if ???

Ah yes, Kansas:

"I close my eyes,
Only for a moment and the moment's gone
All my dreams,
Pass before my eyes, a curiosity

Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind

Same old song,
Just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do,
Crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see

Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind

Don't hang on,
Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away,
And all your money won't another minute buy

Dust in the wind, everything is dust in the wind"

Love always,

Ouza

Fare thee well and Aloha-until we meet again!
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address   Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:04 pm

That's a lovely song Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address   Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr. Gonzo's Farewell Address
Page 1 of 1