HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Swords

Go down 
+5
Razi'el
Ari'el
Azaz'el
Ousa
Scratch
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FeirceDeity64

FeirceDeity64

Swords - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords   Swords - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 12:03 pm

Ishtahar wrote:
I've never thought of it that way, but it's possible.

Michael was the leader of the army so his energy would be fierce.

I'm more inclined to think it was displayed as fiery as a euphemism for the spirituality of it. The halos put on the head of angels and deities depict the glow that supposedly emanates from them, so I think the fire on the sword is kind of the same thing.

That'd make sense.
Back to top Go down
FeirceDeity64

FeirceDeity64

Swords - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords   Swords - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:49 pm

FeirceDeity64 wrote:
Ishtahar wrote:
I've never thought of it that way, but it's possible.

Michael was the leader of the army so his energy would be fierce.

I'm more inclined to think it was displayed as fiery as a euphemism for the spirituality of it. The halos put on the head of angels and deities depict the glow that supposedly emanates from them, so I think the fire on the sword is kind of the same thing.
That'd make sense.
*ADDITIONAL CONTENT SINCE I WAS IN A RUSH TO GET TO SCHOOL WHEN I POSTED THIS ORIGINALLY*

About the euphemism aspect, that seems spot on. Melari's, for example, was a scythe. The scythe can be used as a euphemism for reaping, more particularly, the reaping of souls in our case. study 

Your theory about the halo depiction is interesting as well. I think that it was, as a matter of fact, used as a euphemism for the holiness of beings such as Jesus, Angels, etc. If I'm not mistaken. Artists couldn't think of a better way to make distinctions between prominent holy figures and normal men and women back then. So what do they do? Take a little creative freedom and put a shiny ring above their heads. Instant classic! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

Swords - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords   Swords - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:09 pm

That makes sense too Smile
Back to top Go down
Ari'el
Ari'el

Swords - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords   Swords - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 5:50 pm

FeirceDeity64 wrote:
Hmm... This actually gets me thinking. Do you think it'd be possible that the type of blade an Angel wields could have changed form with different incarnations? A European Bastard Sword turns into a Katana in the next life, which turns into a dagger in the next life, which turns into a RAD PAIR OF HIDDEN BLADES IN THE NEXT. *ahem* Food for thought. lol! 

Ariel has at least four different forms. He/she looks different in each one yet is still the same angel. The sword looks different for each form to match the way Ariel looks. In one of the forms the sword is actually a staff (I think). So yes, if the sword (or weapon/item of choice) is an extension of the soul, then it makes complete sense that it would change along with the form or incarnation of the soul.
Back to top Go down
http://draconic-fire.deviantart.com
FeirceDeity64

FeirceDeity64

Swords - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords   Swords - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Ari'el wrote:
FeirceDeity64 wrote:
Hmm... This actually gets me thinking. Do you think it'd be possible that the type of blade an Angel wields could have changed form with different incarnations? A European Bastard Sword turns into a Katana in the next life, which turns into a dagger in the next life, which turns into a RAD PAIR OF HIDDEN BLADES IN THE NEXT. *ahem* Food for thought. lol! 

Ariel has at least four different forms. He/she looks different in each one yet is still the same angel. The sword looks different for each form to match the way Ariel looks. In one of the forms the sword is actually a staff (I think). So yes, if the sword (or weapon/item of choice) is an extension of the soul, then it makes complete sense that it would change along with the form or incarnation of the soul.

Interesting. So the theory has been proven.

Now how would we use said swords in this life.
Swords - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5PsDFWiFmYb6CtU8ZtI3-Br2b4ukMC1qX6eowxv8NZtS5BTwbFg
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

Swords - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords   Swords - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 7:38 pm

I beleive I have been a priestess in all my lives. Therefore, I think my sword is a wand. However, when I was in a re enactment society I used read swords and they feel so good in my hand.
Back to top Go down
FeirceDeity64

FeirceDeity64

Swords - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords   Swords - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:49 pm

Ishtahar wrote:
I beleive I have been a priestess in all my lives. Therefore, I think my sword is a wand. However, when I was in a re enactment society I used read swords and they feel so good in my hand.

Same. A sword feels nice in my hand. Perhaps the training with such a weapon carried over into this life? I dunno. As an extension of oneself, anything could be the physical manifestation of the sword. It is up to the wielder to decide that in each life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Swords - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords   Swords - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Swords
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2