HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black Daggers...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anamika

Anamika

Black Daggers... Empty
PostSubject: Black Daggers...   Black Daggers... EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:34 am

This could be a memory, but putting it here just to be safe.

I was in a desert. Not a great sprawling ocean of sand, but a flat stretch of earth that had been baked and cracked There were squares of white brick, stacked probably a couple feet high, boxing in holes that ran deep down into the earth. Like wells that had dried up a long, long time ago.
I was aware of being very alone, and of this impending sense of doom.
Suddenly bodies began falling from the sky. Some of them were missing limbs, or heads. Some of them were intact. They were all burned though, burned so badly their skin was brown and cracked like the ground I was standing on. And they were screaming.
Except it wasn't really screaming. It's just the best word I have to describe the sounds they were making. It was like every fiber of their being was screaming. Rage, and hatred, and misery, and sheer agony.
Underneath it all, the screaming and the crying and the wailing, was a strange music. It was sad and beautiful and completely terrifying, and I think I'd do almost anything to remember what it sounded like.
So there I was, frozen, watching all these bodies come raining down. One of them landed near me. It fell into one of the white brick boxes, and almost fell down the hole, but something caught. It laid there screaming and flailing.
At this point I panicked. I couldn't stand the noise it was making, couldn't stand to look at it, so I ran over to try to push it down. When I got there, I saw that there was a black dagger stuck in the creature's torso (I can't remember exactly where), and that was keeping it from sliding down the rest of the way.
I grabbed the dagger, yanked it out, and the body fell. The dagger felt very, very cold, and wrong somehow, so I dropped it in as well.
I vaguely remember wandering into an old ruined building.
It wasn't after I woke up and thought about the dream for a while that I realized that every body I saw falling had one of those black daggers in it.

I don't know if this was a memory or a dream. It was pretty vivid for a dream.
Back to top Go down
http://little-dust-bunny.deviantart.com/
Razi'el
Razi'el

Black Daggers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Daggers...   Black Daggers... EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 6:12 am

that's quite odd.... and very interesting, i can picture it, very vividly, it must have been so distressing =/
Back to top Go down
Ishtahar
Admin
Ishtahar

Black Daggers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Daggers...   Black Daggers... EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 6:42 am

that sounds like a very vivid and very disturbing vision. I can't say the black daggers mean anything to me but i had a very narrow area of experience.
Back to top Go down
Ashtart

Ashtart

Black Daggers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Daggers...   Black Daggers... EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:12 am

Sounds very intense and pretty scary D:
Back to top Go down
Anamika

Anamika

Black Daggers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Daggers...   Black Daggers... EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:35 am

It was pretty frightening at the time, but I actually really enjoy dreams/visions/whatever like that. The more vivid the better.
Back to top Go down
Meti'ne

Meti'ne

Black Daggers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Daggers...   Black Daggers... EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 6:31 pm

Interesting that the daggers you mentioned should be BLACK...

You see, my weapon is a short-bladed scythe with a black crystalline blade, but it can also take the form of a longbow and a medium-length dagger; the dagger also has a black crystalline blade.

I'll include a picture I drew recently of the dagger form for reference. Maybe it'll ring some sort of bell?:

https://2img.net/h/i182.photobucket.com/albums/x39/sangothedslayer/0F5E0C98-B711-466C-9D84-3D1E72BB9EB5-3982-00000A94AAA2C855.jpg

Funny thing is that I didn't draw it for any particular reason; I just wanted to—at the time—draw a representation of my weapon's dagger form. ^^"

~Melari
Back to top Go down
Anamika

Anamika

Black Daggers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Daggers...   Black Daggers... EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 pm

Very cool Melari!

The daggers I saw were completely black though, blade, hilt, everything. It was like the entire thing was shaped from one piece of... Whatever it was.
I know I drew some pictures of them a long time ago. I'll have to see if I can dig them up. I think they were sort of like Trident Daggers.

Black Daggers... Triden10

Kinda like that, even though those aren't really daggers.
Back to top Go down
Meti'ne

Meti'ne

Black Daggers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Daggers...   Black Daggers... EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:50 pm

Hmm... I'd LIKE to say that those are throwing daggers, but they're not. They're too unstable and bottom-heavy, and the blades are too long and thin to be throwing daggers anyway. Additionally, the prongs on the sides would destabilize the dagger and maybe even drag it down if you tried to use them for throwing. They're most certainly stabbing daggers, and nothing more. Well, you could potentially use them for parrying other, somewhat larger blades, but they're mostly for clean, deep puncture-stabs from what I can see based on the design.

But I digress.

They kinda ring a slight bell, but otherwise I'm drawing a blank as to who used them... I wonder what the dream or memory was of. =/

~Melari

Back to top Go down
Anamika

Anamika

Black Daggers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Daggers...   Black Daggers... EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:38 am

Trident daggers are close quarters weapons. The prongs on either side are made to catch blades. So no, definitely not made for throwing.
I wish I knew what the whole thing is about. If it's a memory or a dream or something else entirely. It's been sitting in the back of my mind for years.
Back to top Go down
Meti'ne

Meti'ne

Black Daggers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Daggers...   Black Daggers... EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:36 pm

I was right then lol.

Well... I wish I could contribute more, but unfortunately, I'm drawing a blank at the moment... ^^" Sorry. =(

~Melari
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Daggers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Daggers...   Black Daggers... Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Daggers...
Page 1 of 1