HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ARCHIVE: My whacked dreams.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Archive

ARCHIVE: My whacked dreams. Empty
PostSubject: ARCHIVE: My whacked dreams.   ARCHIVE: My whacked dreams. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:16 am

By Lauri'el Apr 30 2008 -

I decided to share with you some of my dreams concerning angels and God. Not all of them make as much sense as the one I posted in my introducion, though. biggrin.gif They are somewhat in time order.

First dream ever concerning these things was somewhat 10 years ago - I was very upset about my believes when I went to this crowd and there, suddenly, infront of me was Jesus. (Yup, you read it right.) He told me, that what I believe is right thing. Then he was gone and I felt completely peaceful. In the dream, of course. tongue.gif

Second dream wasn't so many years ago. In it I died and I went to heaven and I had these beautiful wings. I flapped them and felt warm wind on my face raising from the movement. I was flying with other angels when suddenly I was on the other side, with fallen, fighting. Can't remember how the dream ended.

These are from my diary:

I was walking outside this movie/nightclub building which seemed to be the trotting center of my mum's hometown and Angel Gabriel came to me. He didn't look like Christopher Walken mind you. And from a reason or another he showed me my wings - so for a moment I had them and flied bit upwards and came back down. We talked about something but I can't remember what.

Then I parted with him to go to that movie/nightclub and I didn't have my wings anymore. I had ticket to the show but there was a line outside the doors - the place was full. Guy at the door looked my tickets and called inside and said they should send one of those people without tickets out because I had them and I got in. I went to the theater where the movie was shown and there were three of my friends: Sam, Eowyn and Faramir. I got to sit next to Faramir and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

After that I was outside the building again and Gabriel was with me. There was this light opening in the night sky and someone else with wings flew up there.
I felt that place calling me but I didn't hear any words, it was just a feeling and I felt this terrible pain inside myself. I said: "Not yet." and the opening closed.

I was in a big place which reminded me of some kind of monastery or palace and there was this priest arriving and he was late. Some people complained about it to him while they led him to a huge clock. When he was at the right place I heard someone screaming "not again" and it sounded like it was the clock. But it couldn't be stopped, the hands started to move fast forward until it pointed at half past five. A red light started to glow from everywhere and a lot of people gathered to this stoneyard inside the palace hooded cloaks on and kneeled to pray "Our Father". The clock was above us and there were people walking among us throwing first hot and then cold water. I specially paid attention to a woman next to me though I couldn't see her face and she got a lot of water on her. I was kind of afraid of the throwing because I knew it would cause us splinters which I mentioned to a girl on my other side.

Then it was over but the red light came again and someone yelled scared that "it's the red light again" when people started to run to inside, but everyone couldn't. There was this red mark (glow) on the doors as well. Then a woman who was on my right during the praying noticed that there appeared a green light and we ran inside, but when I went there came this big man to stop me and he said "don't come here, there's no room in here" touching my chest and I had to go back. At this point I was quite afraid.
There were creatures that looked like skeletons walking on the halls behind hooded people who were like in trance, some of them nearer to the people than others, some of them even opened some doors to the yard for the people.

Then I realized that there were that green light on the door again but I woke up before I could move towards it.

Next dream I got the same dream, it's connected to one above and one I thought I wrote up somewhere but apparently didn't.

I was laying on the bed when Angel Michael approached me to the air behind the balcony and he was very, very bright but not so bright that I couldn't look at him and I went to him. He apologized the behavior of that man who had turned me away from 'safety' in the dream before and then he asked if I wanted to come this time (in dream some time ago I had that opportunity to go but I had answered 'not yet'). I hesitated because I wasn't sure what was to happen if I did go but then I remembered how I had regretted that I didn't go last time and I said yes. I started to rise and finally reached the light and it felt like something turned my skin around though it was painless feeling. Michael was and I were standing in a quiet place though it reminded me of a beach and he spoke to me. (I forgot what it was.) Then he said that I would always be carried by someone to the end and I felt how I was on someone's arms who was very bright as well. After this the dream turns to the weird nonsense but I did wake up in the dream from the bed the dream started from.[/i]

(That one is in my introduction as well.)

I went to a some kind of small community where I lived like anyone for a while but then in some point I was in a boat with two young persons and there came another boat from behind. In it was two men who scared the youth and hid. I stayed up. Something happened and I took my 'true form', my form of an angel and killed the evil men. Girl from the same boat as me asked if it hurt when the other man twisted my arm and I answered no which was true.

Then I was inside and someone told to everyone about a prophecy about an angel Lauriel Tiriel who would come to the community before the destruction and that you would recognize her from nine wings and the one in the middle would form some kind of letter L. There was this little boy who kept asking me if I could fly. I also saw a group of young people going to the back of the yard and some of them looked at me badly over their shoulders.

Then I was in the dungeons where I saw a lot of evil people, they weren't literally zombies but there was something in them so I noticed that they weren't human. I surprised them from a some kind of meeting and they attacked me. While I was fighting them a big group of humans emerged there and the creatures didn't hurt them because creatures were their former friends and family members. Humans were very shocked that I fought the creatures. Before humans got to a place where I saw the meeting one of the creatures, a female shouted to take the people to the white doors which they closed after us.

We went to the rooms where we slept in big groups (families) on the floor and the openings to the common halls were closed with bars. There was this woman sitting on the floor who's relative had shouted and I went to comfort her by saying that her sister (who the relative had once been) did it to save her life.

But I wanted to get into the halls because I needed to go to the garden to pray God so I could get my sword which only would kill the creatures. Somehow I was there, outside the bars. I passed a room where was (once again) a group of young people sitting by a table and talking about working for magazines. I made a sign of the cross receiving some despising looks and closed the door.

In the hallway a girl of the age of 9 came towards me and attacked. I was flying by then and I threw her to the floor so hard that she lost her consciousness. The little boy who had asked me about flying came there and said "so you can fly!" I laughed and said "maybe I can levitate". I took him to my arms back to my chest and made the sign of the cross above him when he cramped. From that I realized that also he had turned to evil. I tried to do the sign again and prayed but he could not be healed. By then the girl had woken up again and attacked me once more. I had to nail them to the floor with a spike to prevent them from attacking me though it did not kill them. I woke up.

That was in January 2005.

This is only a part of a longer dream:

In the same dream with the strange angel I saw this creature, which was otherwise like humans but he didn't have face or ears. It was rather helpless alone and easily distracted but if it had a helper who pointed a direction where an angel was... Not yet too dangerous for an angel but if it was able to pick up their thoughts nothing could stop it. I don't know what would have happened if it had caught me.

Scary...

I saw a fancy dream last night. Well, the beginning of it wasn't that fancy but anyway. First I saw that I was raped and mutilated by this blackish man. After that I was yet mutilated by someone else. With all that shit going on I just decided to not to live anymore and somehow I was allowed to die. Fancy part starts from here: I got to go to HOME. I was in this garden like place where was lots of children and then there was God. Oh, she was beautiful and she... she radiated so much love that it was almost unbearable. I remember asking her if my mother had gone to Hell and she agreed to that and I felt calmer instantly. Then I explained her some of my dreams. biggrin.gif And she was all listening to me. Somewhere there it ended.

Mmmmmm I guess some explanation is needed here. My mother was very, very disturbed person. She died couple of years ago from pancreatic cancer.

I've also had a dream where end of the world came and I led this group of people to the sea and beyond - meaning, the sea turned to this moveless water without shores on sight. We went under the water and were able to be there, we didn't need to breathe. I heard God talking to me, but, as usually, can't remember what God said.

And then the freaky dream. biggrin.gif

I was in heaven and I was an angel (shadow - should learn to say that) - I was taking this fallen one to God. We went very long way down by a lift (yeah, lift in heaven, that's something rolleyes.gif ) and when the doors opened we were at this great water, moveless and shoreless like in that dream above. There was an isle but when we stood there it turned out to be HUGE hippo! And that hippo was God. (Must be some kind of metaphor.) I stayed there curious about what God was going to say to this fallen but then God said me, that I was very noisy and that I shouldn't listen to other people's conversations. cool.gif

So there, there's my parade of dreams. smile.gif

By Azaz'el May 28 2008 -

Many thanks for sharing your dreams and visions with us Lauri'el, I know how personal and private they can be, so it's an honour that you feel able to share them with us all.

They can always seem so confused or odd, yet usually there is some kernal of truth and understanding in them that we need to learn or understand.... and often they can be a mix of present fears or hopes, desires for the future and memories from a past. The difficulty is in trying to understand which is which!!

Those who know me know that I always have had problems sleeping in this life. As an insomniac I have many bad nights of sleep, and onyl a few good ones, so I tend to feel tired and drained a lot of the time!! Recently, as I mentioned in another thread, I awoke screaming from one particular dream. Well, it's happened again..... and again.... and again. Each time it is different, but the general message that I can understand is that something or someone is coming... perhaps even that something is hunting me. I don't know, time will tell with this one.

Az

By Ishtahar May 31 2008 -

Yes, I too have dreamed of someone coming but unlike you Azaz'el this is something I long for and not something I fear.

By Laviah Jun 1 2008 -

Strange...
I feel the same as you do Ish, and I also feel as if I am training for something in the future. Something big. huh.gif
This reminds me, And I hate to be off topic, sorry Lauri'el happy.gif But, I once had this dream that was so tranquil it was wonderful! I seemed to be on this tree-swing and was surrounded by beautiful flowers and plants, and I had this most touching voice! I remembered I had sung these lyrics that held a great loving meaning, but (sigh) I seem I cant remember them, dont you just hate that? laugh.gif
It was almost as if I was in heaven....And did I mention I was wearing this gorgeous dress? Well, I was. cool.gif

By Ishtahar Jun 1 2008 -

That sounds good. Sounds like the kind of dream that can make you feel peaceful and good through the whole day smile.gif

I dont have enough of those

By Azaz'el Jun 1 2008 -

I think I once knew what peaceful and good felt like. Ah well, it will come again... but as for the dreams, mine are usually ..er.... vivid. And between those nights when i remember them my sleep is usually pretty restless.

Az

By Laviah Jun 5 2008 -

Azaz'el,
If I may, You are a good person, and I think whatever is disturbing your dreams might just be trying to make you stronger for a reason. Or maybe you are open to a negative spirit in your house...? Hmmm....I dont know, But whatever or WHOever is making it hard for you to sleep, is really making me mad. Cuz you deserve it as much as everyone else. Dang, Im gonna see what I can do....err, sorry. Im going all, "overprotecting friend" again. lol

I REALLY wish I could help. (sigh) I suppose Im too much of a nice and caring person... rolleyes.gif That what everyone tells me.

peace & sweet dreams...

~Laviah~

Ps, atleast that much I can say! lol

By Ishtahar Jun 5 2008 -

You suffer from the same disease that I have.....it's called save the world syndrome. It is really hard to see anyone eles in pain without wanting to take it away. It is a hard lesson that sometimes they need to feel the pain to grow and to learn and so sometimes it is worse to help than not. If you fins a cure can you please let me know because I suffer and I have to endure getting slqapped by Az a lot and told off for it, smile.gif

By Azaz'el Jun 6 2008 -

I only slap you when you put yourself through pain Ish, in order to help those around you who refuse to learn from their own mistakes and make the same mistakes over and over and over again.

Many of us want to save the world..... but the bitter truth is that we can't. So, all we can do is try to save one person. If we can do that, the world will be stronger and we can move on to the next person.

Thanks for your kind words about my problems with sleep. In the end I think there is very little that anyone can do to help. My soul is restless, I need some peace and release, but that can only come once the world has been saved.....

..... now you see my problem! LOL

Until then, I try and get some rest when I can, but right now I feel every year of the millennia I have existed. This certainly is the year of change.

Az

By Lauri'el Jul 9 2008 -

Strange, couldn't see this in the subforum but in posts I have made.

Anyway. I have had these strange dreams lately about me being some kind of a bride for a... a... evil thing. Man. But not human. blink.gif And I'm not afraid in those dreams more like protected. Odd. unsure.gif

By Azaz'el Jul 11 2008 -

So the evil man in your dream to be your husband gives you a feeling of being protected? Could the fact that he seems evil but makes you feel safe be an archetype of some kind? I hate to quote the classic beauty and the beast image, but there have been so many archetypes in initiatory tales over the years where the protagonist can appear evil or ugly but is actually a saviour or protector of some kind.

Az

By Ishtahar Jul 12 2008 -

I never thought of that. But it would make sense. It seems that over the centuries humanity have been far too quick to label things as 'evil' especially if they are not human....as if to be human is necessarily to be good and vice versa..... a BIG Yeah Right !!!!! to that one smile.gif

Ish

By Azaz'el Jul 12 2008 -

I suppose the whole issue is something close to my heart........ try to google the name Azazel and see how quickly it is linked to satan, evil etc etc etc wink.gif There is often a lot of bad press given about something that appears to go against the norm and which can appear outwardly to be rough or unpolished.

Az

By Lauri'el Aug 6 2008 -

Speaking of the Beauty and the Beast I was always sad that the Beast became human again in the end. tongue.gif

By Ishtahar Aug 6 2008 -

Well, I think one has to wonder who were the beasts in that story anyway and it was sad, although I am sure that beauty wasn't too displeased.

Personally I liked the shrek take on it.... instead of them both becoming human at the end they both become ogres... and I am sure they were much happier for it.

BTW Laui'el that is a really sad signature I hope that is not really how you feel huh.gif

By Azaz'el Aug 6 2008 -

The beast always does become human in the end, and that seems to be the way of it for all Kin types at this stage in physical evolution.

It seems that for wahtever reason you may believe, all kin types when incarnated physically these days end up in a human shell........... perhaps humanity is the great universal equaliser, bringing us all to the same level of physical development.

Az

By Lauri'el Aug 7 2008 -

If I remember right, the signature is how God felt at some point. I kind of feel... I don't know, both sad and delighted that there is some other feelings than anger and love God feels, maybe. However, I have some personal issues I haven't overcome yet and it will take long walk to the cure. But at the moment I'm feeling rather good, been rather good for over 6 months already and that feels like a personal record for not being depressed. smile.gif

Actually, I lived with a monster for 21 years and in its shadow for 5 more years to top it. How a little child became to love a Monster? That's description of one book I've started to read, Heartland. I don't feel comfortable to tell what actually has happened in public like this so you have to bear these "misty descriptions" I happen to give here and there. tongue.gif

By Azaz'el Aug 7 2008 -

Oh I think we can cope with the misty descriptions, as I'm pretty sure we all come out wth those in many a post. Just remember two things..... you only need post things you feel you want to share with the world (or members, in the 'members section'), and secondly, remember you are amongst friends here.

I love the description you gave... misty descriptions.... the poet in you is coming out!!!

Az

By Lauri'el Aug 14 2008 -

Just a little note that I changed my signature. Here's how it was last time (for thos who are wondering what the talk is about)

Where is the cure to my grief? My heart is ill.

Jeremiah 8:18

By Ishtahar Aug 15 2008 -

I like the new one Lauri'el

Ish

By Azaz'el Aug 15 2008 -

Its strange just how important the small signature strip at the bottom of our posts is to us all. I suppose its one of the ways we have to create our own identity and perhaps show how we feel at that time without having to type a long post.

Az

By Lauri'el Oct 29 2008 -

I've been seeing different kind of dreams where I've been kind of drowning to darkness and then I think: if I just trust in Him I won't. The thought makes me very light but the dream ends/changes always before I reach the surface of the darkness. huh.gif

By Scratch Nov 7 2008 -

Perhaps that is because it's not time to break the surface of the darkness yet.

I haven't been having dreams like that Lauri'el, but something in the description rang a bell for me. I've been realizing the importance of timing, and all things in their own times, on many new and deeper levels, and it seems this applies to knowledge too.

By Ishtahar Nov 8 2008 -

Absolutely.... and gods isn't patience one of the most difficult things to master.

By Lauri'el Nov 17 2008 -

I had a visitor the other night, in my dream. Michael. It's kind of funny that most otherkin feel connection to Gabriel. For me, it's Michael. Not in a bad way weirdish. He held my hand for a moment and said something I DON'T rembember. I wish I did. But I guess it's meant that way, that I don't. But the gesture was very reassuring and calming. wub.gif

Also some time ago I had this dream I don't remember anything else but the words that rang in my mind: First you have to remember. Nothing from my past lives (if there is any) or nothing about being an angel. From this life. Very, very painful memory. My memory has been asleep like 20 years and I know it will uncover itself only with lots of time.

Heh, there's so much in this life that I don't have time to think past ones.

By Lauri'el Mar 17 2009 -

Heh read this book about dreams and it said that contents of my dreams are such as prophets have. tongue.gif

By Lael Mar 17 2009 -

What book was that?

By Ishtahar Mar 17 2009 -

Dont even go there.... the content of my dreams are such as insaniacs get.... at least at the moment.

By Lauri'el Mar 18 2009 -

I try to remember to catch the name of that book tomorrow. x) It's about dreams and explanations to them anyway. Laughed my butt off when I read that devils usually lead teh dreamer to do something unpleasant like sexual things... Well, not my devils. tongue.gif It has all kind of stuff, some freudian explanations too (well duh).

By Lael Mar 18 2009 -

These days, my nightmares consist of dreaming about project deadlines and failing to meet them, or endless meetings with strategic directors that amount to ridiculous overtime... If there are devils leading my brain to produce those, I know my personal hell will be no more no less than a new media agency. XD

...and in all seriousness, I'm curious about the book - so do share once you remember the author/title. smile.gif

By Azaz'el Mar 18 2009 -

I have been called a devil on occasion................ tongue.gif

Az

By Lael Mar 19 2009 -

Then I hope I'll never, ever meet you in the corporate world, Az. tongue.gif That would mean a nightmare coming true. XD

By Ishtahar Mar 19 2009 -

Hey, if you're talking about the corporate world he's a real sweetie.... I'm the lawyer.... don't get any more evil than that Mwahahahahaahahahahahhaahahah

Hehe
Ish

By Azaz'el Mar 19 2009 -

I can't remember the last time someone called me a sweetie!!

cool.gif

Az

By Ouza Mar 20 2009 -

Beloved,

Perspective

vs.

Perception...

It's all in the eye of the beholder !!!

Love

Ousa wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

By Azaz'el Mar 20 2009 -

It certainly is perspective and perception......... I will cling on to the concept that I am an absolute innocent angel.... whilst those around me try to convince me that I'm a wicked devil!! tongue.gif

I'm just misunderstood!! LOL laugh.gif

Az

By Ouza Mar 20 2009 -

Oh my God !!!

If you cling on to a concept like that.... least ye forget the thousand upon thousands of years of pure h'el that make us who and what we really are. Good grief Charlie Brown... absolutely innocent? What mirror are you looking into ??? Let's not... be Polly Anna about this existence! It has it's ups, downs, quirks and turnarounds but for whatever f***ing reason we (you and I, together) screwed up! And I'm just now... and I say just now, willing to live and admit to that feeling and concept, so as they say, if that is what you really feel..... "party on dude!"

But, as I would say.... perfect is as perfect does !!!

Let us pray.... to never ever forget the screw-up's and to learn from our mistakes so that we can and finally get the h'el out of here!

I'm in Love with all of you and I will never ever, ever, ever forget all the good and the bad !!! Those are the bullshit things/experiences that have and are and will always make us strong for our children's children !!!

Ousa smile.gif

p.s. ***** Nothing is wasted *****

By Ishtahar Mar 21 2009 -

er...... ok

By Ouza Mar 21 2009 -

Ouza, also Samiaza, Shemhazai, Amezyarak, Azza, Uzza, Semyaza, a major leader of the fall from heaven in Christian mythology, he was also one of the angels that came down from heaven alongside Azazel to interbreed with humans. Ouza before the fall was of the rank of Seraphim.[1] In legend, he is the seraph tempted by the maiden Ishtahar to reveal to her the Explicit Name of God. Often it is speculated that a main reason for Azza's expulsion from heaven is that Azza objected to the high rank given to Enoch when the latter was transformed from a mortal into the angel Metatron. In Solomonic lore the story is that Azza was the angel who revealed to the Jewish king the heavenly arcana, thus making Solomon the wisest man on earth. Of the 2 groups of angels headed by Metatron, one of the groups, the angels of justice, were under the rulership of Azza, who at this time had not yet fallen. Uzza is the tutelary angel of the Egyptians.[2] The name Semyaza means literally "the name Azza."

Semyaza's sons, Hiwa and Hiya, by one of Eve's daughters, were so mighty that they daily ate 1000 camels, 1000 horses, and 1000 oxen.[3]

Azza, according to the rabbinic tradition, is suspended between Heaven and Earth along with Azael as punishment for having had carnal knowledge of mortal women. Ouza (Azza, Uzza, Semyaza, etc.) is said to be constantly falling, with one eye shut and the other open, to see his plight and suffer the more. It is said that he now hangs, head down, and is the constellation of Orion.[4]

It is also worth mentioning that Ouza was one of the major items of worship in the pagan Arabic culture, before the rise of Islam. Al Ouza and Al Lat (The Ouza and the Lat) were considered the Daughters of God and were prayed for. However, with the appearance of the monotheistic religion of Islam, the worship of any other god beside God (Allah) was defeated. The mention of Al Lat and Al Ouza was made in the Chapter of the Star (Surat Al Najm) [chapter no. 53] in the Quran:

19. Have ye seen Lat and 'Uzza,
20. And another, the third (goddess), Manat?
21. Shall the male gender be yours and the female be His?
22. Behold, such would be indeed a division most unfair!
23. These are nothing but names which ye have devised,- ye and your fathers,- for which Allah has sent down no authority (whatever). They follow nothing but conjecture and what their own souls desire!- Even though there has already come to them Guidance from their Lord!

Azazel (Hebrew: עזאזל, Azazel, Aramaic: רמשנאל,[citation needed] Arabic: عزازل Azazil) is an enigmatic name from the Hebrew scriptures and Apocrypha, where the name is used interchangeably with Rameel and Gadriel. The word's first appearance is in Leviticus 16, where a goat is designated "for Azazel" and outcast in the desert as part of Yom Kippur.

* 1 Meaning
* 2 In the Hebrew Bible and Rabbinical literature
o 2.1 Biblical Verse
o 2.2 The Name
o 2.3 In Biblical, Apocryphal, and Rabbinical Literature
o 2.4 Azazel Personification of Impurity
o 2.5 Leader of the Rebellious Angels
o 2.6 Bibliography
* 3 In First Enoch
* 4 In the Apocalypse of Abraham
* 5 Modern Satanism
o 5.1 Dictionnaire Infernal

Meaning

Azazel (Sayan) (‘ăzaz’ēl) The name of a supernatural being mentioned in connection with the ritual of the Day of Atonement (Lev. xvi.). After Satan, for whom he was in some degree a preparation, Azazel enjoys the distinction of being the most mysterious extra human character in Jewish sacred literature. The name itself is a combination of the words "Azaz (rugged) and el (power/strong)" in reference to the rugged and strong rocks of the deserts in Judea.

In the Hebrew Bible and Rabbinical literature

Biblical Verse

Leviticus 16:8-10: "8and Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats, one lot for the Lord and the other lot for Azazel. 9And Aaron shall present the goat on which the lot fell for the Lord, and offer it as a sin offering; 10but the goat on which the lot fell for Azazel shall be presented alive before the Lord to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness to Azazel."

The Name

According to Talmudical interpretation, the term "Azazel" designated a rugged mountain or precipice in the wilderness from which the goat was thrown down, using for it as an alternative the word "Ẓoḳ" ( ) (Yoma vi. 4). An etymology is found to suit this interpretation. "Azazel"( ) is regarded as a compound of "az" ( ), strong or rough, and "el" ( ), mighty, therefore a strong mountain. This derivation is presented by a Baraita, cited Yoma 67b, that Azazel was the strongest of mountains. Another etymology (ib.) connects the word with the mythological "Uza" and "Azael," the fallen angels, to whom a reference is believed to be found in Gen. vi. 2, 4. In accordance with this etymology, the sacrifice of the goat atones for the sin of fornication of which those angels were guilty (Gen. l.c.).

In Biblical, Apocryphal, and Rabbinical Literature

The Rabbis, interpreting "Azazel" as "Azaz" (rugged), and "el" (strong or God), refer it to the rugged and rough mountain cliff from which the goat was cast down (Yoma 67b; Sifra, Aḥare, ii. 2; Targ. Yer. Lev. xiv. 10, and most medieval commentators).Most modern scholars, after having for some time endorsed the old view, have accepted the opinion mysteriously hinted at by Ibn Ezra and expressly stated by Naḥmanides to Lev. xvi. 8, that Azazel belongs to the class of "se'irim," goat-like demons, jinn haunting the desert, to which the Israelites were wont to offer sacrifice (Lev. xvii. 7 [A. V. "devils"]). (Compare "the roes and the hinds," Cant. ii. 7, iii. 5, by which Sulamith administers an oath to the daughters of Jerusalem. The critics were probably thinking of a Roman faun.)

[edit] Azazel Personification of Impurity

Far from involving the recognition of Azazel as a deity, the sending of the goat was, as stated by Naḥmanides, a symbolic expression of the idea that the people's sins and their evil consequences were to be sent back to the spirit of desolation and ruin, the source of all impurity. The very fact that the two goats were presented before Yhwh before the one was sacrificed and the other sent into the wilderness, was proof that Azazel was not ranked with Yhwh, but regarded simply as the personification of wickedness in contrast with the righteous government of Yhwh.

The rite, resembling, on the one hand, the sending off of the epha with the woman embodying wickedness in its midst to the land of Shinar in the vision of Zachariah (v.6-11 ), and, on the other, the letting loose of the living bird into the open field in the case of the leper healed from the plague (Lev. xiv. 7), was, indeed, viewed by the people of Jerusalem as a means of ridding themselves of the sins of the year. So would the crowd, called Babylonians or Alexandrians, pull the goat's hair to make it hasten forth, carrying the burden of sins away with it (Yoma vi. 4, 66b; "Epistle of Barnabas," vii.), and the arrival of the shattered animal at the bottom of the valley of the rock of Bet Ḥadudo, twelve miles away from the city, was signalized by the waving of shawls to the people of Jerusalem, who celebrated the event with boisterous hilarity and amid dancing on the hills (Yoma vi. 6, 8; Ta'an. iv. Cool. Evidently the figure of Azazel was an object of general fear and awe rather than, as has been conjectured, a foreign product or the invention of a late lawgiver. Nay, more; as a demon of the desert, it seems to have been closely interwoven with the mountainous region of Jerusalem and of ancient pre-Israelitish origin.

[edit] Leader of the Rebellious Angels

This is confirmed by the Book of Enoch, which brings Azazel into connection with the Biblical story of the fall of the angels, located, obviously in accordance with ancient folk-lore, on Mount Hermon as a sort of an old Semitic Blocksberg, a gathering-place of demons from of old (Enoch xiii.; compare Brandt, "Mandäische Theologie," 1889, p. 38). Azazel is represented in the Book of Enoch as the leader of the rebellious giants in the time preceding the flood; he taught men the art of warfare, of making swords, knives, shields, and coats of mail, and women the art of deception by ornamenting the body, dyeing the hair, and painting the face and the eyebrows, and also revealed to the people the secrets of witchcraft and corrupted their manners, leading them into wickedness and impurity; until at last he was, at the Lord's command, bound hand and foot by the archangel Raphael and chained to the rough and jagged rocks of [Ha] Duduael (= Beth Ḥadudo), where he is to abide in utter darkness until the great Day of Judgment, when he will be cast into the fire to be consumed forever (Enoch viii.1, ix. 6, x. 4-6, liv. 5, lxxxviii. 1; see Geiger, "Jüd. Zeit." 1864, pp. 196-204).

The story of Azazel as the seducer of men and women was familiar also to the rabbis, as may be learned from Tanna d. b. R. Yishma'el: "The Azazel goat was to atone for the wicked deeds of 'Uzza and 'Azzael, the leaders of the rebellious hosts in the time of Enoch" (Yoma 67b); and still better from Midrash Abkir, end, Yalḳ., Gen. 44, where Azazel is represented as the seducer of women, teaching them the art of beautifying the body by dye and paint (compare "Chronicles of Jerahmeel," trans. by Gaster, xxv.13). According to Pirḳe R. El. xlvi. (comp. Tos. Meg. 31 a), the goat is offered to Azazel as a bribe that he who is identical with Samael or Satan should not by his accusations prevent the atonement of the sins on that day.

The fact that Azazel occupied a place in Mandæan, Sabean, and Arabian mythology (see Brandt, "Mandäische Theologie," pp. 197, 198; Norberg's "Onomasticon," p. 31; Reland's "De Religione Mohammedanarum," p. 89; Kamus, s.v. "Azazel" [demon identical with Satan]; Delitzsch, "Zeitsch. f. Kirchl. Wissensch. u. Leben," 1880, p. 182), renders it probable that Azazel was a degraded Babylonian deity. Origen ("Contra Celsum," vi. 43) identifies Azazel with Satan; Pirḳe R. El. (l.c.) with Samael; and the Zohar Aḥare Mot, following Naḥmanides, with the spirit of Esau or heathenism; still, while one of the chief demons in the Cabala, he never attained in the doctrinal system of Judaism a position similar to that of Satan.

Bibliography

* Cheyne, Dictionary of the Bible;
* Hastings, Dict. Bibl., Riehm, H. W. B.;
* Hamburger, R. B. T. i. s.v.K.
* Hauck, R. E.;
* Kahisch, Comm. on Leviticus, ii. 293 et seq., 326 et seq.;
* Winer, B. R.;

In First Enoch
“ The whole earth has been corrupted through the works that were taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin. ”

— 1 Enoch 10:8

According to 1 Enoch (a book of the Apocrypha), Azazel (here spelled ‘ăzā’zyēl) was one of the chief Grigori, a group of fallen angels who married women. This same story (without any mention of Azazel) is told in Genesis 6:2-4:

That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. […] There were giants in the earth in those days; and also afterward, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

1 Enoch portrays Azazel as responsible for teaching people to make weapons and cosmetics, for which he was cast out of heaven. 1 Enoch 8:1-3a reads:

And Azazel taught men to make swords and knives and shields and breastplates; and made known to them the metals [of the earth] and the art of working them; and bracelets and ornaments; and the use of antimony and the beautifying of the eyelids; and all kinds of costly stones and all colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray and became corrupt in all their ways.

The corruption brought on by Azazel and the Grigori degrades the human race, and the four archangels (Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel) “saw much blood being shed upon the earth and all lawlessness being wrought upon the earth […] The souls of men [made] their suit, saying, "Bring our cause before the Most High; […] Thou seest what Azazel hath done, who hath taught all unrighteousness on earth and revealed the eternal secrets which were in heaven, which men were striving to learn."

God sees the sin brought about by Azazel and has Raphael “bind Azazel hand and foot and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening in the desert — which is in Dudael — and cast him therein. And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there forever, and cover his face that he may not see light.”

Raphael's binding of Azazel on the desert rocks of Dudael in upper Egypt appears again in the Book of Tobit, which is found in Catholic and Orthodox bibles, but not in Jewish or most Protestant bibles. In that Book (the only place in Christian bibles where Raphael appears) he accompanies the young man Tobias on his perilous journey to marry his cousin Sarah, whose seven previous husbands had been killed on her wedding night by the demon Asmodeus (also known as Asmodai) (a variant of which story is possibly what the Sadducees are using to try to trap Jesus about marriage in the resurrection they disbelieved in, in Matt. 22:27-28, Mark 12:18-23, and Luke 20:29-32). Raphael saves Tobias from the same fate by showing him how to deal with that demon, too.

Azazel's fate is foretold near the end of 1 Enoch 2:8, where God says, “On the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire. […] The whole earth has been corrupted through the works that were taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin."

In 3 Enoch, Azazel is one of the three angels (Azza [Shemhazai] and Uzza [Ouza] are the other two) who opposed Enoch's high rank when he became the angel Metatron. Whilst they were fallen at this time they were still in Heaven, but Metatron held a dislike for them, and had them cast out. They were thenceforth known as the 'three who got the most blame' for their involvement in the fall of the angels marrying women. It should be remembered that Azazel and Shemhazai were said to be the leaders of the 200 fallen, and Uzza and Shemhazai were tutelary guardian angels of Egypt with both Shemhazai and Azazel and were responsible for teaching the secrets of heaven as well. The other angels dispersed to 'every corner of the Earth.'

In the Apocalypse of Abraham

In the extracanonical text the Apocalypse of Abraham, Azazel is portrayed as an unclean bird who came down upon the sacrifice which Abraham prepared. (This is in reference to Genesis 15:11: "Birds of prey came down on the carcasses, but Abram drove them away" [niv]).

And the unclean bird spoke to me and said, "What are you doing, Abraham, on the holy heights, where no one eats or drinks, nor is there upon them food for men? But these all will be consumed by fire and ascend to the height, they will destroy you."

And it came to pass when I saw the bird speaking I said this to the angel: "What is this, my lord?" And he said, "This is disgrace — this is Azazel!" And he said to him, "Shame on you, Azazel! For Abraham's portion is in heaven, and yours is on earth, for you have selected here, [and] become enamored of the dwelling place of your blemish. Therefore the Eternal Ruler, the Mighty One, has given you a dwelling on earth. Through you the all-evil spirit [was] a liar, and through you [come] wrath and trials on the generations of men who live impiously.

— Abr. 13:4-9

He is also associated with the serpent (Satan) and hell. In Chapter 23, verse 7, he is described as having seven heads, 14 faces, "hands and feet like a man's [and] on his back six wings on the right and six on the left."

Abraham says that the wicked will "putrefy in the belly of the crafty worm Azazel, and be burned by the fire of Azazel's tongue" (Abr. 31:5), and earlier says to Azazel himself, "May you be the firebrand of the furnace of the earth! Go, Azazel, into the untrodden parts of the earth. For your heritage is over those who are with you" (Abr.14:5-6).

Here there is the idea that God's heritage (the created world) is largely under the dominion of evil — i.e., it is "shared with Azazel" (Abr.20:5), again identifying him with Satan, who is also "the prince of this world" (John 12:31, niv).

Modern Satanism

Azazel is often revered as a physical/spiritual deity by many Theistic/Spiritual Satanic groups as a Promethean bringer of forbidden knowledge. Depictions of this entity vary from group to group, but he is generally regarded as a Luciferian force of enlightenment opposed to the Hebrew deity Yahweh, or the Demiurge, who is usually viewed as an imperfect tyrant, aimed only at keeping men from knowledge; Knowledge of the falsness of the reality of which man occupies and its creator. .[1] [2] [3]

Dictionnaire Infernal

Collin de Plancy's Dictionnaire Infernal (1863) describes Azazel as the guardian of goats. On the 10th day of Tishri, on the feast of the Expiation, it was Jewish custom to draw lots for two goats: one for the Lord and the other for Azazel. The goat for the Lord was then sacrificed and its blood served as atonement. With the goat for Azazel, the high priest would place both of his hands on the goat's head and confess both his sins and the sins of the people. The goat ("scapegoate") was then led into the desert and set free. Azazel then returned the goat. Milton described Azazel as the first gate-teacher of the infernal armies.

See also

* Azazel in popular culture
* Scapegoat

References

1. ^ Joy of Satan: Azazel

2. ^ Theology of the Church of Azazel

3. ^ Temple of the Black Light

No more sweeties, please !!!

Ousa dry.gif

By Azaz'el Mar 22 2009 -

Bronzedesk [user changed name to Ouza - ARCHIVE], thanks for offering such a long reply in this thread. Would you be able to edit your post and add any references to websites/books/sources of information you obtained all of that from if it wasn't all written by you please? That helps to ensure that we are complying with copyright rules etc.

I don't know how to put this delicately, so I will just be blunt.......... I have a very warped and sarcastic sense of humour and my comments in previous posts were just jokes I was making at my own expense. I know I'm not innocent and a pure angel.... I never was. I know what I have done and what has just been propaganda or even made up over the years. I know myself and what Ihave done and what I am capable of. So just ignore my future posts where I protest my innocence... tongue.gif

On a more serious side, if anyone does read all that information and considers using it to understand me, my past or what I am supposed to have done, just remember that much shown is based on the modern Christian bible.... a book that holds racial memories of the Grigori but which is far from being accurate on the specifics of all that Ish, Sem, Dan, I and our brothers did. History is written by the victorious, and is usually done to paint those that were defeated in a bad light. But you all know this......!! cool.gif

Az

By Lael Mar 22 2009 -

We do, Az.

And the above is probably from Wikipedia. smile.gif

By Ouza Mar 23 2009 -

It is just one of many, with the reference to scapegoats.. and it is from Wikipedia!

[QUOTE]Just remember that much shown is based on the modern Christian bible.... a book that holds racial memories of the Grigori but which is far from being accurate on the specifics of all that Ish, Sem, Dan, I and our brothers did. History is written by the victorious, and is usually done to paint those that were defeated in a bad light.

I love you all,

Ousa

*** Nothing is Wasted ***
Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: My whacked dreams.
Page 1 of 1