HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ARCHIVE: quick question, houses and buildings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Archive

ARCHIVE: quick question, houses and buildings Empty
PostSubject: ARCHIVE: quick question, houses and buildings   ARCHIVE: quick question, houses and buildings EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 7:02 pm

By Laeus Mar 3 2009 -

A friend and i were discussing what my house looked like in those times, and we came to the conclusion that it was relatively modern looking, built of wood, double story, painted... and it got me thinking, could my house have looked like that? is it possible, i definatly remember polished wood doors and floors. i mean it would just be weird, a house like that in the middle of nowhere thousands of years ago. what is the most prominant buildings you guys remember other than the main city built of white stone.

By Azaz'el Mar 3 2009 -

What makes you think it was in the middle of no where? Don't forget, even though you may not have lived in the City, the surrounding villages weren't sparse or what we could accept today as a rural idyll.

There was a high population surrounding the city and living within the city. Each tribe, each legion, each rank, each individual almost had their style of house and decorated it in a way that was unique to them. So whilst I can't remember a house in the style you mention, it would depend on who your parents were, which village you lived in and how much the Shadow styles had an impact on where you lived. My house was small and made of earth bricks covered in a painted plaster. I liked small and cosy... which to the local humans was, of course, quiet large.

Az

By Seraphyna Mar 3 2009 -

I remember a Silver City, not a city of white stone *shrug*. I also don't remember buildings there apart from the spiralling towers.

By Ouza Apr 24 2009 -

The most important thing that I can remember is:

The colors were all so beautiful!

Green was really Greeen !!!

Mat smile.gif

By Fate Apr 24 2009 -

I don't know. My recollections are of a sandstone city with tall pillars in a central location, rather like an Egyptian temple without a roof. There were symbols inscribed on the pillars, but they were neither sanskrit, cuneiform or hieroglyphics. I've not been able to pin them down as Phoenician, Etruscan or any other form of early writing either aside from possibly a mix of heiroglyphs and something similar to Avestan. The latter would make sense, as Zoroaster was a name that rang a bell when I first read of him in 2002, and would place me in the area of Persia before the arrival of Islam.

By Ouza Apr 24 2009 -

You've reawakened some of my memories in both the Akashic and Fluidal!

It was all those things ... and much much more, it was the beginning of a new existence for us all as once both physical and spiritual beings of existence!!!

We were literally at the crossroads where three rivers conjoined together a place of protection and unlimited beauties of all kinds. At the far borders there was sand and clay... a true oasis with wood or ceramics as a preference of a few of the choices of abodes or buildings, while others had other spiritual options available, Libraries both physical and otherwise! All this and more was there once ... a long long time ago!
Well before Enoch and his crew!

Unconditionally,

Mat wink.gif

p.s. It sounds nuts ... but its the good type of nut !!! <--- A small bit of info and don't forget that it was a type of:

[the word nut is used for any seed or fruit having an edible kernel surrounded by a hard a shell]<--- which were also in abundance, fruits, figs, vegetables both Flora and Fauna ... you name it, it was there! One once had a unrestricted and unlimited choice of options!

and

I apologize for this one a head of time [<--- no pun intended !!!] I hope that it isn't edited by Az or Ish ...

**** Edited by Azaz'el to say:

Sorry Ouza, but as you have guessed, in the open section of the forum, accessible by anyone and everyone, there has to be the need for considered discussion that links to the original post and is what can be said to be 'g-rated.'

Az

By Fate Apr 24 2009 -

QUOTE (Ouza @ Apr 24 2009, 10:38 AM)
"We were literally at the crossroads where three rivers conjoined together a place of protection and unlimited beauties of all kinds. At the far borders there was sand and clay... a true oasis with wood or ceramics as a preference of a few of the choices of abodes or buildings, while others had other spiritual options available, Libraries both physical and otherwise! All this and more was there once ... a long long time ago!
Well before Enoch and his crew!

Unconditionally,

Mat wink.gif"

I recall the rivers, but didn't tend to get very close. Water, you know. Less so the clay houses, because I suppose I chose not to live in one, but preferred or was assigned to the temples. I remember them more than anything, and that because they were on the edges, you could look over the sides of the floors (there were no roofs or walls on some of them) and see the humans below. As in, on another plane, because they were unaware of us for the most part. Humanoids with wings were frequent visitors to these temples, which acted as almost ministries, where assignments were given out.

By Ouza Apr 24 2009 -

Don't quote me on this ... but,

When we supposedly die and go to wherever, isn't strange how, it's an exact duplicate of what we remember! To the Romans it was the Allusion fields, for our society now and what they describe to us it is exactly the same place as you described - Eden!!!

Even so far as to go and create something and leave it behind as a memento, sort of a kilroy was here type of thingy! Even to put one's initials both tonal or otherwise, on his/her creation so that the next time they come back it would be a guiding light in order to reawaken the lost memories of the past that we so inconveniently and conveniently have forgotten ... sort of set as a key to reawakening process then using the time needed in council or alone to review, judge one's actions, works and deeds during that life and ultimately making a decision as to whether or not to return right away or just wait until the time is right!

I always loved the Libraries myself!

Unconditionally,

Mat

By Fate Apr 25 2009 -

QUOTE (Ouza @ Apr 24 2009, 01:40 PM)

"I always loved the Libraries myself!"

Oddly, I don't remember much about the inside of the libraries. Maybe they didn't let cats in them or something, but I am a librarian now, so it's ok. tongue.gif

By Ouza Apr 25 2009 -

Sounds ... not so "puuuurfect" to me !!!

Time to change the rules !!!

Since you are now, a very important part of the system ... correct ???

Unconditionally,

Mat blink.gif

p.s. My check out book has been long overdue! I owe you a lot ... me thinks?

p.s.s. And a ... >>> define E.T. (Extra Terrestrial ... were we not, of this world, or correct me if I'm wrong!)<--- that one's especially for Az ... but also for you too be filed under the (GIS-General Interest) Section!

By Ishtahar Apr 25 2009 -

Cats were most certainly allowed in the temples... they were everwhere. Part of my duties were to take care of them and some of them were evil little buggers.... but I got on well with most of them which is, purrrrrhaps why I get on so well with cats now.

smile.gif

Ish

By Scratch Apr 25 2009 -

Cats were once gods in Egypt... and have never forgotten this!

I always figured there's a lot more to this planet's history than science allows, or can currently deduce, and there were many different types of cities and places. Maybe I was well-travelled, because I have had glimpses of several. The most memorable was a vision while meditating with a "record keeper" quartz point, of a city of pyramids, with glass-like capstones which concentrated the light into the center of the room inside, to serve as light, heat, and a cook fire. I think there was also a temple built/grown entirely out of quartz clusters. I've also seen sandstone or adobe huts like hillocks with ventilation holes in the desert, a little flash of a white city, and there is an ever-present Dark City haunting the back of my head, more feeling than visual idea.

Whatever and wherever that place once was, the feeling that accompanies it is home. Writing this now, I found myself wondering how a city could exist in perpetual twilight; where that would be feasible. I hadn't taken it so literally before, but anytime I think of that place it is always nightfall, just after the colors have faded from the sky.

By Azaz'el Apr 26 2009 -

Well, as one of the Shadow at the City for a large number of years (please don't ask me how many, I'd rather not admit to being THAT old), there were a large number of cats.......... different to the moggies we have today, but we definately had cats. They have always existed half in the physical world and half beyond it and their were honoured, respected and loved.

"p.s.s. And a ... >>> define E.T. (Extra Terrestrial ... were we not, of this world, or correct me if I'm wrong!)<--- that one's especially for Az ... but also for you too be filed under the (GIS-General Interest) Section!"

Ahh, Mat, I don't think we need to bore everyone rigid with our different views on the origins of the Shadow and how they fit into the modern concept of Aliens. Let us just agree that the Shadow lived in all parts of the the Universe and so didn't evolve on this or any other planet specifically.

Unless this is something others would be interested in discussing...........

Az
Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: quick question, houses and buildings
Page 1 of 1