HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ARCHIVE: The Voice, it's strange and hard to explain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Archive

ARCHIVE: The Voice, it's strange and hard to explain Empty
PostSubject: ARCHIVE: The Voice, it's strange and hard to explain   ARCHIVE: The Voice, it's strange and hard to explain EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 5:29 pm

By Razi'el Apr 19 2009 -

hello there, welcome to another dose of weirdness from me to you!

anywho, there's been something strange happening to me lately. it's difficult to explain without sounding absolutely off my rocker, but then again, that pretains to many things these days.

lately, i've been getting these feeling that channel into thoughts in my head. they don't feel like my thoughts, they're too clear and focused, certain, and absolutely confident. it's like they cancel out every other thought that tries to shout over them, too. it's very strange. they mostly tell me things, like whether or not something's going to happen, and 98% of the time, it's right.

it's been happening recently with my tarot cards. this "voice", for lack of a better term, will tell me to pick up my cards, and to shuffle them, when to stop and such. and it then tells me how many cards to draw. out of those cards, it outlines a path, and tells me where i am on said path. it's a little disturbing, because i don't know who or WHAT i'm listening to, but they don't seem especially evil or benign. who or whatever it is, it simply is.

any thoughts and input are welcome~

thanks for listening,
sincerely,
Minnigan~

By Ouza Apr 19 2009 -

Always stay in that listening/Understanding mode, they're going to get stronger!
It's called dear one ... Discernment and you are awakening !!!

Love always,

Mat/Ouza smile.gif

By Dreamsend Apr 19 2009 -

It looks like you're already starting to have some of those experiences that you were talking about [user posted link to topic "a bit of a quandry, something that's been bugging me..." in "Body & Soul" - ARCHIVE] not having! I absolutely advocate just relaxing into it, it's not bizarre at all. It isn't to me, at least... that's very much a familiar sort of sensation to me as well, (though I don't quite hear coherent "thoughts" so much as just have a notion of knowledge).

The big question: "who" or "what" is it? It may be your personal guides (i.e. spirits assigned to you to help guide you), it may be your own higher self (oversoul sort of concept). It may be other spirits. If it feels "familiar" or "trusted" or if it comes from you, I say go with it. If it feels foreign, it very well may be. So, the same as with humans, take the stuff you hear with a grain of salt. You can always just ask the voice itself "Who or what are you? Are you here to help me or what do you want?" You may also ask, "Will you show yourself to me/tell me more about yourself?" And be prepared to hear an answer! biggrin.gif

I thought about doing a post on hearing channelled messages just recently, funny to me to read this now ^^

Angela

By Lael Apr 19 2009 -

It's when they go quiet that I start to worry... ;-)

The sensible approach is to be receptive but careful. Do a simple test: observe what is being said to you, or what kind of thoughts appear in your mind that don't feel to be yours. It should never tell you to harm anyone or yourself; it should never push you to do anything (there's a fine line there; the ones I speak with that way sometimes tell me, Go do this or that, but doing or not doing is my choice and there should be, I feel, no pressure. That is, you should always be able to say no).

Angela mentioned asking whoever speaks to you to reveal themselves and their intentions - I find that to be a good idea as well. There may be times you're feeling lonely and yearn for a spiritual experience, especially once you get used to talking to someone often at the back of your mind and find it comforting, and that's when you're prone to deception or even attacks from things that might not necessarily have your best interest in mind. I don't want to sound like a doomsayer here, but I've had that happen to me, and asking upfront who your friends are and through that, learning how to recognize them, can save you a lot of distress later.

I don't know if you're crazy - but then, maybe we all are tongue.gif - the way I see it, however, is that if it helps you in some way, it's a good thing. When I first started to listen, I was at the "I don't believe in Heaven, Hell and all that divine crap" stage and had a very hard time accepting I was talking to anyone but myself. It's a longer story perhaps for another time and place, unless you're very curious. tongue.gif But even though it was a very distressing experience to me, it was also one that pulled me back to my feet from where I had been crawling in circles, and held me up until I went and got my life sorted out.

Relax into it, but the rule of the grain of salt should always apply. Don't forget you can always shield yourself or withdraw if it makes you uncomfortable. smile.gif

Peace.

By Ishtahar Apr 19 2009 -

I don't have anything to add to what has been said, it is all good advice.

Good luck

Ish

By Azaz'el Apr 19 2009 -

I'm the same as Ish here......... I can't add to what has been said as it's all sound and very good advice.

One of the most common things we forget to do is either introduce ourselves (even thought they are 'in our head') or ask for their name. So my first sugestion would be to echo the advice to ask who they are. You may be lucky and have them tell you their name....... more than likey there will be an exchange of banter, which may lead you through the process of discovering who they are and why they are there. I have often found that some questions are never answered in a clear way!!! LOL

Az

By Fate Apr 21 2009 -

Cross referencing here, please refer to my response on the post regarding evil for my feelings on the topic of the voices. The two sections overlapped so well...

By Lael Apr 21 2009 -

QUOTE (Azaz'el @ Apr 19 2009, 06:58 PM)
"I have often found that some questions are never answered in a clear way!!!"

No, but then, they don't always need to be. ;-) And sometimes it's honestly better if they're not. Was it Fate who said elsewhere that unclear answers or even lack of any answers facilitate some serious digging into things to look for them? That's always good. I wasn't handed the precious few answers I've gathered on a silver platter, either - but then, if I had been, I probably wouldn't have believed them to begin with. ;-)

In the same vein, anything can come to you and say, "I'm X" at any given time, and if you're not on your guard at least a bit, you might miss the fact that it is no great proof as 1) what you'd most likely hear is just a rendition of the name and therefore, I'd wager, not the 'true name' per se, and 2) anything can lie. ;-) It's a question of politeness when communicating, but also of developing a feel for the given presence that is harder to fake than just the name itself. And frankly... I've found the multiverse is full of beings who can see through you and use that to create a most convincing masquerade to reach whatever aim they're after. For good OR evil. *cough*

Obviously, you might not believe a spirit entity introducing themselves with a particular name on the basis of your memories of said entity which don't match up with what you're sensing, but that's another matter. smile.gif Also, hopefully, no malevolent force tricky enough to cause harm is going to be attracted to you. biggrin.gif

By Scratch Apr 23 2009 -

QUOTE (Minnigan @ Apr 19 2009, 02:54 AM)
"lately, i've been getting these feeling that channel into thoughts in my head. they don't feel like my thoughts, they're too clear and focused, certain, and absolutely confident. it's like they cancel out every other thought that tries to shout over them, too. it's very strange. they mostly tell me things, like whether or not something's going to happen, and 98% of the time, it's right."

I have a voice like that. You described it very well, especially with the canceling out other thoughts part. It actually got a lot easier after I reined in my mind enough to stop yelling at it. It really freaked me out for a while. Even, especially the odd places to walk to, with no legitimate reason whatsoever to walk down that street other than "go there now," wind up making so much sense, and usually in a very good way.

I call it God, because I hope that if I were asking God what to do and something other than God was answering, that God would $%@ do something about it. I do believe in God, and am very religious in my own way, but the breath and scope of what I believe would probably not be recognizable to people as Christianity.

Whatever yours is, if it's providing useful guidance, woot! At the very least, it doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about.

By Razi'el Apr 23 2009 -

QUOTE (Scratch @ Apr 23 2009, 02:39 AM)
"I call it God, because I hope that if I were asking God what to do and something other than God was answering, that God would $%@ do something about it. I do believe in God, and am very religious in my own way, but the breath and scope of what I believe would probably not be recognizable to people as Christianity.

Whatever yours is, if it's providing useful guidance, woot! At the very least, it doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about."

well, i don't particularly consider it anything, really. just a voice at this point, that happens to be right quite often. i've taken a long break from christianity and all of that a while back, mostly to explore religions and find my own personal set of beliefs, which could, i suppose, qualify as shamanistic or pagan of some sort.

took me a long time to figure it out, too. if god exists, cool, if he or it or whatever is talking to me, cool as well. but i think i'll just ride this and see where it goes for now... might finally get some answers, eh? *chuckles* no offense meant to anyone or anything. i'm just hoping this leads me to who and what i was. biggrin.gif

By Ouza Apr 23 2009 -

This is for all of us !!!

1. I hope ... that you take this in the "light" in which it is given !!!

2. "Don't ask for anything you want because you just might and will get it !!!

3. Accept, it now and move on to the next step or level of consciousness ... whatever that might be in your own future life or life's which lies ahead of you and with your own personal higher power right next to you !!! <--- That does not mean to go ahead blindly but as a team ... backing each other, in a up and out of this so called h'el that we have so graciously created for ourselves !!!

Ouza wink.gif
Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: The Voice, it's strange and hard to explain
Page 1 of 1