HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ARCHIVE: So what's in a Dream

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Archive

ARCHIVE: So what's in a Dream Empty
PostSubject: ARCHIVE: So what's in a Dream   ARCHIVE: So what's in a Dream EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:08 pm

By Ishtahar May 27 2008 -

Sometimes visions of the past come when you are awake, sometimes when you are asleep but most often in the time between.

How how do you tell whether such visions are dreams or true sight?

And does it matter?

Sometime dreams are so vivid that it is impossible to tell the difference between what is true and what is not...so how do you tell the differenc? How do we know how this is all real and not some great delusion that we bring to life as an escape from our every day humdrum.

For me this is connected with my second question.

How the hell do you cope with the 'memories' of lives past and things done when you were a different person in a different time.

How do you come to terms with being someone so indescribably different that the things they did, saw, experienced was so far beyond anything that you have even imagined in this life that you have no frame of reference within which to process it.

How do you cope with knowing that once you were a completely different person who did things that you could never imagine doing.

How do you forgive yourself for things you would never do?
How do you come to terms with sights sounds acts and emotions you have no experience of frame of reference to process?
How do you live your life every day with the memory of a very different one so fresh in your mind?
How can you be who and what you are now, when you are walking hand in hand with who you were then?

How do you stay sane with those memories, experiences...?

I think that to experience this, to completely open yourself to it with all the suffering and pain and struggle you have to go through almost every day, if the memories are not real or at least if your belief in them being real is not complete then you just wouldnt do it.

Ish

By Keziah May 28 2008 -

"How how do you tell whether such visions are dreams or true sight?"

For me personally, there are several clues. In dreams, there are normally no words, and faces are pretty blurry. If the dream is crisp and clear with the faces, then I know it's either astral or a memory. I have a harder time distinguishing between those two, but I know if I control or change anything in the dream, it's astral--when I try to gain lucidity with memories, I get kicked out of my dream body and forced to watch the rest play out. I have a harder time trusting visions that I get when I'm awake, since I'm very dream-oriented.

"And does it matter?"

Depends on which way you mean it. There are several psychologists out there who believe events in dreams can be just as traumatic for someone as events in waking life (Source--Abnormal Psych Lecture). But, it does kind of matter for me. I don't expect visions to be literal, but more metaphorical...so if they didn't even happen metaphorically, I'd be a little upset I think.

"How do we know how this is all real and not some great delusion that we bring to life as an escape from our every day humdrum."

I don't know if this is all real or some great delusion. Somedays I think it's real, others I don't. I'm learning to be okay with that, because it's not so much trying to be free from doubt, but keeping an open mind and not turning away from the possibility.

"How the hell do you cope with the 'memories' of lives past and things done when you were a different person in a different time."

I can't really answer this question, because I haven't learned how to cope yet. I can't even cope with things in this life, let alone something in the past...I'd love pointers and advice from anyone willing to give it.

"How do you live your life every day with the memory of a very different one so fresh in your mind?"

It's hard. Memories can haunt me for days. But, I'm a neurotic person, so the memories help remind me that there's more than just the day-to-day stressors, so even though they may be painful, I'm grateful for them.

By Ishtahar Mar 29 2008 -

wow. thank you

By Keziah Mar 30 2008 -

<3 Happy to share my two cents any day. *laughs*

By Zurine Apr 16 2008 -

How how do you tell whether such visions are dreams or true sight?

I usually can't. Or, I just don't KNOW how to tell. I've had super realistic dreams, but those dreams are... a little... insane.

And does it matter?

It could. I never really know how to tell. If someone I've never met before pops up in a dream- then the dream might matter. I'm not sure how many of my dreams really matter other then just a way to pass time.

Sometime dreams are so vivid that it is impossible to tell the difference between what is true and what is not...so how do you tell the differenc?

Usually I'm murdered. Or someone walks on water. Sometimes I straight up just DON'T know that I'm dreaming. There is no way for me to tell the difference until I wake up.

How do we know how this is all real and not some great delusion that we bring to life as an escape from our every day humdrum.

If only they were real. That would be... a different experiance. I had a dream recently where I was basically a host in a younger girl's body. And I felt such a huge connection with the girl I could swear up and down that she was my charge, or that I know her. These feelings don't last long though.

How the hell do you cope with the 'memories' of lives past and things done when you were a different person in a different time.

I wouldn't know. I don't have any memories. If I did, I don't know how I would cope, if say I was supreme overlord of a horde. But I'd end up making connections about my self, how I look- my personality- and who I've influenced. It would take a while for me to... remember that I'm not who I was. But it would pass.

How do you cope with knowing that once you were a completely different person who did things that you could never imagine doing.

I would remember who I was, but make myself who I am.

How do you live your life every day with the memory of a very different one so fresh in your mind?

Think about how much better it probably was then, in order to pass time now.

How can you be who and what you are now, when you are walking hand in hand with who you were then?

I change, adapt and control myself.

By Ishtahar Apr 16 2008 -

Wow
Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: So what's in a Dream
Page 1 of 1